HOW many days avg stay for Hystertomy?

disneyfan2008
disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
I know we are all different but curious about how many days stay in hospital?

..YEARS ago i had tubular (20 yrs ago)pregnancy and I was in for week. Dr office just said used to be week but now with insurance they contact them daily to see if THE NEED to stay is there or they send you home!

Denise

Comments

• MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    It...
    Obviously depends on how things go...how the procedure is performed...any or no complications...could be 2 days only, providing no complications...they get you in and out today! There are to many variables to say for certain...check with your doctor...

Good luck!
  • BunnyJane
    BunnyJane Member Posts: 213
    MAJW said:

It...
    Obviously depends on how things go...how the procedure is performed...any or no complications...could be 2 days only, providing no complications...they get you in and out today! There are to many variables to say for certain...check with your doctor...

Good luck!

It depends....
    but I had a total abdominal hysterectomy in 2006 and stayed 3 nights- honestly I was ready to leave the day before, but they didn't discharge me until the third morning.
  • Texasgirl10
    Texasgirl10 Member Posts: 668
    BunnyJane said:

It depends....
    but I had a total abdominal hysterectomy in 2006 and stayed 3 nights- honestly I was ready to leave the day before, but they didn't discharge me until the third morning.

4 days
    My dr kept me in the hospital for 4 days. I had my hysterectomy 8 years ago though, and things have changed drastically since then. Now days we do drive through surgeries.
  • skipper54
    skipper54 Member Posts: 936 Member

4 days
    My dr kept me in the hospital for 4 days. I had my hysterectomy 8 years ago though, and things have changed drastically since then. Now days we do drive through surgeries.

only 36 hours for me
    BUT, I had a vaginal hysterectomy (1993). BUT, they don't like to keep people in longer than absolutely necessary because of the chance of picking up infections. Mastectomy used to be days too but in Dec. was only about 24 hours.
  • Lynn Smith
    Lynn Smith Member Posts: 1,264 Member
    skipper54 said:

only 36 hours for me
    BUT, I had a vaginal hysterectomy (1993). BUT, they don't like to keep people in longer than absolutely necessary because of the chance of picking up infections. Mastectomy used to be days too but in Dec. was only about 24 hours.

I would say
    I would say 3-4 days.I was in for a week but some complications AND it was 16 years ago. They throw you out the door sooner today.Insurance is the reason.

Lynn Smith
  • cathyp
    cathyp Member Posts: 376 Member

I would say
    I would say 3-4 days.I was in for a week but some complications AND it was 16 years ago. They throw you out the door sooner today.Insurance is the reason.

Lynn Smith

what type of hysterectomy?
    I had a laproscopic and you stay 24 hrs, some docs send you home same day.
  • disneyfan2008
    cathyp said:

what type of hysterectomy?
    I had a laproscopic and you stay 24 hrs, some docs send you home same day.

MY insurance covers 2 days
    and then day by day IF the Dr feels the need they will approve day by day! (extend as needed)

I am having complete hysterectomy and it can not be done vaginally due to very enlarged from side effects of Tamoxifen. That is why have surgery along with bleeding. When this is all over I go back on Tamoxifen..I have been off for 2 mths hoping it would get better. (bleeding-on and off heavy and then very slight)

Denise

This time next week I'll be in pain but it will be over with...
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member

MY insurance covers 2 days
    and then day by day IF the Dr feels the need they will approve day by day! (extend as needed)

I am having complete hysterectomy and it can not be done vaginally due to very enlarged from side effects of Tamoxifen. That is why have surgery along with bleeding. When this is all over I go back on Tamoxifen..I have been off for 2 mths hoping it would get better. (bleeding-on and off heavy and then very slight)

Denise

This time next week I'll be in pain but it will be over with...

We'll...
    Be there with you.....you can count on us! We'll be quiet, so you may not hear us, but you'll hopefully feel our presence... When is the surgery scheduled for?

Prayers and good wishes for you,
    Nancy
  • disneyfan2008
    MAJW said:

We'll...
    Be there with you.....you can count on us! We'll be quiet, so you may not hear us, but you'll hopefully feel our presence... When is the surgery scheduled for?

Prayers and good wishes for you,
    Nancy

pre op tomorrow (fri) surgery Tues 6 am
    next week this time it will be over and just the PAIN...to remind me...

not looking foward to that...

dr said uterus to enlarged from tamoxifen so he can't do it vagianlly...unfortunately..

Denise
  • BioAdoptMom
    BioAdoptMom Member Posts: 358

pre op tomorrow (fri) surgery Tues 6 am
    next week this time it will be over and just the PAIN...to remind me...

not looking foward to that...

dr said uterus to enlarged from tamoxifen so he can't do it vagianlly...unfortunately..

Denise

I am sorry it can't be done
    I am sorry it can't be done vaginally, but at least it will be over soon. We will be there with you in spirit and you have my prayers.

Nancy