Newbie with lots of questions

Pattysmom
Pattysmom Member Posts: 6
First, is there a way to see who is on or off-line in this forum?
Second, how do you pm someone?
I know I will have more questions but I don't want to bump down the more important topics. I enjoy reading your posts but I'm mostly a "lurker". (and I'm shy)
I'd like to hear from some IBCers with similar treatment experiences to compare notes. See my profile for info. I have a lot of body pain and have been out of chemo for 5 months.
Thanks in advance for answering my questions.

Comments

• Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    I'm IBC -
    and in Aug I'll be 2 years post DX - what would you like to know about my experiences (it you want to know)? Remember that we are each so unique even with the same DX.

I'm doing great!

Susan
  • sunshine0406
    sunshine0406 Member Posts: 65
    Hello and welcome.
    * I am

Hello and welcome.
    * I am sort of new here too but I will try to answer some of your questions: if you want to privet message someone you click in the CSN email in the pink box on the left. click on "write a new message" type in the persons user name in the "to" box (or copy and paste it into the to box).

*I can't see who is on or off line.

*I don't think anyone would mind if you ask questions: that is what this is all about. I am not a very out going person ether but the lovely and kind ladies on here make it easy to feel comfortable to ask questions.

Good luck on your journey and I look forward to seeing you on here,
    Laura
  • Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    There are several of us here
    There are several of us here who are IBC. I was diagnosed in Aug 2010, did 6 rounds TAC, then bilateral mastectomy with lymph node dissection, 14 of 16 were positive. After that was 44 rounds of rads, had to go twice a day. I'm now dealing with some lymphedema and trying to get my full range of motion back.

Please feel free to send me a PM if you have any specific questions or concerns. This place has helped to keep me sane on my journey, I hope you find it as helpful as I do.

Hugs,

Linda
  • laughs_a_lot
    laughs_a_lot Member Posts: 1,368 Member
    Remember that there are no dumb questions.
  • BioAdoptMom
    BioAdoptMom Member Posts: 358
    Though of course no one
    Though of course no one wants to join this club, I just wanted to say welcome to you!

I have IDC, stage I, grade 3. I have had a lumpectomy, surgery to clear margins, just started chemo and will have rads afterwards.

Nancy
  • rwaller
    rwaller Member Posts: 1

Remember that there are no dumb questions.

Newbie, just poured out my heart and went to preview and lost it
    I am triple negative IDC stage II w/metaplastic features. I finished tx in April, but I just found out the three disgusting little ganglion cysts on my middle finger is a Glomus tumor. The Orthopod doesn't seem to worried, but everything I have read leads me to believe that these little suckers could very well be malignant. I am so freaked out. My tumor was excised before I started chemo (it was 2.5 cm) because it showed up on all tests much smaller than it actually was. Glomus is a skin cancer with squamous cell. Well guess what, my breast tumor was squamous cell with apocrine features. Anyone ever hear of this menace to society? I'll shut up now. Thanks for letting me run my racing brain on this wonderful thread!
    Robin
  • Texasgirl10
    Texasgirl10 Member Posts: 668

Though of course no one
    Though of course no one wants to join this club, I just wanted to say welcome to you!

I have IDC, stage I, grade 3. I have had a lumpectomy, surgery to clear margins, just started chemo and will have rads afterwards.

Nancy

I have IBC
    HI and welcome to the board, I am so sorry that you have a reason to be here. I also have IBC. I just finished 6 rounds of TAC with the neulasta shot. I had a bilateral mastecomy with left nodes removal 1 1/2 weeks ago. It looks like I will be going through chemo again along with daily radiation.

Dawne