New to board--my husband has Stage 4 Adenocarcinoma of Lung

amykin67
amykin67 Member Posts: 3
Hello, My 56 year old husband was diagnosed April 8th with Stage 4 NSCLC. Thankfully brain MRI was negative & PET scan was negative for mets (other than the lymph nodes which the original CT scan showed). Having his 2nd chemo next week (Carboplatin, Alimta, & possibly adding Avastin). We have a young daughter, who is the apple of his eye (and mine too! :) I have found CSN and all of your postings to be incredibly helpful...and hopeful. Please keep him in your thoughts & prayers.

Comments

• Glenna M
    Glenna M Member Posts: 1,576
    Welcome...
    Just want to welcome you to CSN, you have come to the right place for advice, encouragement and understanding. I'm sorry your husband, and you, have to go through all of this but you have come to the right place.

Wonderful news about his MRI and PET scan results!!!

Will be keeping your husband, you and your family in my prayers.

Stay strong,
    Glenna
  • deltafun
    deltafun Member Posts: 50
    Strage 4 adenocarionma
    Hi, I am very sorry to hear about your husband, I know what he is going through as I was diagonsed with stage 3b lung cancer in April as well. Please tell him to stay positive. I have two young Granddaughters that are the apple of my eye as well and every time I see them I can't help but to break down and cry. It will get better with time for him but I do understand and am very sorry anyone has to go through this.

My thought and prayers are with yuo and your family.
  • 3Mana
    3Mana Member Posts: 811
    Amy
    Amy, So sorry to hear about your husband's diagnosis. Hope he does well with his treatment. Please keep us posted on how he does when he starts. Any problems after he starts, call the doctor right away. Please ask about AVASTIN!!!
    Stay strong and take one day at a time! Carole
  • amykin67
    amykin67 Member Posts: 3
    3Mana said:

Amy
    Amy, So sorry to hear about your husband's diagnosis. Hope he does well with his treatment. Please keep us posted on how he does when he starts. Any problems after he starts, call the doctor right away. Please ask about AVASTIN!!!
    Stay strong and take one day at a time! Carole

Thank you
    Thank you all for your support...it warms my heart. As a friend said to me this week, "Where there's life, there's hope"... and we have a lot of hope. Thanks again.
  • mamacita5
    mamacita5 Member Posts: 254 Member
    amykin67 said:

Thank you
    Thank you all for your support...it warms my heart. As a friend said to me this week, "Where there's life, there's hope"... and we have a lot of hope. Thanks again.

You have come to the right place
    We are all here to support you when you need it, and will welcome YOUR support when we need it. Take care, and know that you are not alone.