Lovenux Injection

kluong
kluong Member Posts: 23
Hello-

Is anyone taking the Lovenux injection shots for long term? My husband has a blood clot and the treat it for the past month but it is still there so they have put him on this injection twice a day for a year. That is excessive to me but the doctor explained that without it, his blood would not work properly and more clots would form. Has anyone had similar experience?

Thank you! Have a good weekend.
Kim

Comments

• smokeyjoe
    smokeyjoe Member Posts: 1,425 Member
    Yep, I'm on those shots,
    Yep, I'm on those shots, had blood clots in my lungs when I went to the hospital, that's when they made the cancer diagnosis. I do one shot per day though.
  • kluong
    smokeyjoe said:

Yep, I'm on those shots,
    Yep, I'm on those shots, had blood clots in my lungs when I went to the hospital, that's when they made the cancer diagnosis. I do one shot per day though.

Thank you
    Thanks for your post. Yeah, they are not fun but I am glad we have company.
  • smokeyjoe
    kluong said:

Thank you
    Thanks for your post. Yeah, they are not fun but I am glad we have company.

Oncs. response was to treat
    Oncs. response was to treat it like you have a chronic illness like diabetes, he said those people take shots daily....just go about it like that. Seriously though, I've had days mostly weekends where you just get busy with life and have completely forgotten to do the shot, my bad. I suppose according to my scans etc. the clots have resolved themselves, but used as a preventative measure as I got them in the first place, onc. said it was due to the disease I got them in the first place. When I had the colon surgery they inserted a filter in my superior vena cava (I think that's what it was) and stopped the blood thinners hours prior to surgery. After surgery went back on blood thinners and the filter was removed a couple of days later. Apparently in some cases they will leave it in, but dr. said they remove it because of my (relatively young) age. Apparently ones left in for long can actually move out of place or clog with a blood clot.
  • kluong
    smokeyjoe said:

Oncs. response was to treat
    Oncs. response was to treat it like you have a chronic illness like diabetes, he said those people take shots daily....just go about it like that. Seriously though, I've had days mostly weekends where you just get busy with life and have completely forgotten to do the shot, my bad. I suppose according to my scans etc. the clots have resolved themselves, but used as a preventative measure as I got them in the first place, onc. said it was due to the disease I got them in the first place. When I had the colon surgery they inserted a filter in my superior vena cava (I think that's what it was) and stopped the blood thinners hours prior to surgery. After surgery went back on blood thinners and the filter was removed a couple of days later. Apparently in some cases they will leave it in, but dr. said they remove it because of my (relatively young) age. Apparently ones left in for long can actually move out of place or clog with a blood clot.

The same thing with us
    The doctor told us the same thing to treat like insulin shot. Easy for him to say: My hubby has been on it for a month now and his stomach is all bruised. Poor thing.

If the blood clot is in your lung, did you have pulmonary embolism?

The doctor told us that we can't miss a shot because it takes less than 24 hours for the blood clot to form. I tried to stay on top of it.
  • smokeyjoe
    kluong said:

The same thing with us
    The doctor told us the same thing to treat like insulin shot. Easy for him to say: My hubby has been on it for a month now and his stomach is all bruised. Poor thing.

If the blood clot is in your lung, did you have pulmonary embolism?

The doctor told us that we can't miss a shot because it takes less than 24 hours for the blood clot to form. I tried to stay on top of it.

I wouldn't know the medical
    I wouldn't know the medical term....I had a clot in each lung though!!! Had to wait basically 22 days in the hospital before they would attempt the colon resection. Wow scarey the clot can form so fast....I had better be more vigilant. My tummy is all bruised too, bumps all over from the shots...hard to find a bare spot to poke that isn't already bruised. Find if you land on a bruise tends to bleed.