Just wanted to say hello

mrsbotch
mrsbotch Member Posts: 349
Hi to all of you.

Many of you do not know me and I sure don't know alot of you. All new names on this board it seems. Since Vince's passing on Feb 23rd I haven't written much or contributed. I am sorry for this.
Its very hard when you lose a spouse and I just feel so empty at times.

I have a joined a wonderful group called The Mourning Dawns. They are all EC widows and this has been a help for me too get thru some of my days. They truly understand what it feels like to be caught up in this beast of a disease.
You have wonderful William and Loretta to guide you thru everything. I hope and pray that this year there will be alot more research done for EC and that it will help many of you more. Its great that so many of you are going to UPMC. I wish Vince had been well enough to do that when his EC recurred but he wasn't.

I hope Callaloo is doing well with Xeloda and that Sandy 1943 is feeling good. I haven't seen Paul on for awhile. Is he o.k? I see Tina posting alot too. Thats great.

Loretta and Bill you are remarkable. I speak with Sherri once in awhile, her kids are home from school now so she is very busy.
Please take care all of you and to all you ladies Happy Mothers Day.

I will be back. I have been working with ECAN to get more awareness out there.

Much love

Barbara

Comments

• This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • Callaloo
    Callaloo Member Posts: 135
    Hi Barb,
    I'm so glad you

Hi Barb,
    I'm so glad you like your Mourning Dawn group. I know how hard it's been for you. But maybe the healing can now begin.

I hope you continue to check in from time to time. Your experiences are valuable here -- in fact, every time there's a post about post-op chemo, I always think of your Vince, how he was never offered any post-op treatment, and the lessons to be learned from that tragedy.

You have my number, so call whenever the moods strikes. Stay strong.

Lu
  • paul61
    paul61 Member Posts: 1,392 Member
    Nice to hear from you
    Hi Barb,

It is nice to hear from you again. I am glad you have found a group of people who are dealing with the same issues and emotions that you are. It is helpful to find people who really understand.

I know it is difficult without Vince. It takes some time to find your "new normal" in life. The first year is filled with all of those "first" holidays, birthdays, and other milestone dates.

I hope you come back often. There are new people who come to our little family every day. They will be dealing with the same issues that you and Vince dealt with and there is nothing more valuable than input and support from people who have "been there".

Wishing you the best,

Paul Adams
    McCormick, South Carolina

DX 10/22/2009 T2N1M0 Stage IIB
    12/03/2009 Ivor Lewis
    2/8 through 6/14/2010 Adjuvant Chemo Cisplatin, Epirubicin, 5 FU
    6/21/2010 CT Scan NED
    3/14/2011 CT Scan NED

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance!
  • K_ann1015
    K_ann1015 Member Posts: 500
    Thanks for Getting GEORGIA to declare EC Month!
    Hi Barb,

great to hear from you Barb!

I can't say I know how it feels to loose a spouse, but say frequent prayers for so many affected by EC including YOU! I wanted to personally thank you (& let csn know) for getting GEORGIA to declare EC Month! It takes a lot of stamina just to get up in the morning after loosing a spouse-AND you were able to do that as well!!!

Keep up all the good work you are doing and take care---I pray for comfort & peace for you as well
    Kim
    (my dad just got back home from the hospital--fighting an infection & had to have chest tube put back in).
  • linda1120
    linda1120 Member Posts: 389
    Wonderful to hear from you
    I am so happy to hear you have found a group that truly understands.
    We miss you, but know it has to be difficult to be here after losing
    your spouse. It was great to hear from you.

Linda