Stage 3 Lung Cancer

kozina1946
kozina1946 Member Posts: 6
edited June 2011 in Lung Cancer #1
My Mass is outside the Lungs (strange) anyway in November 2010 I was diagnosed, since then my Tumor has shrunk from 7 to 5 Centimeters with Chemo ... I drink V8 products, try to stay active going to work (Landscaper)...keep thinking positive....good luck to you all.

Comments

• deltafun
    deltafun Member Posts: 50
    Stage 3 lung cancer
    Great news Kozinia, keep thinking positive. I was just doagnosed with stage 3b lung cancer and started my radiation and Chemo last week. So far so good.

Good luck
  • Ex_Rock_n_Roller
    Ex_Rock_n_Roller Member Posts: 281 Member
    Stage 3 Lung Cancer
    Seems like just yesterday, but I guess I've now been at this long enough to offer up encouragement:

Followup image (chest X-ray only) last week, exactly one year after 3B diagnosis (left main stem bronchus, one lymph node on right). Two courses Cisplatin and Etoposide with concurrent radiation, end mid-July 2010.

Last Friday, the doc was heard to say (the envelope, please): "No sign of cancer."

It was only a chest X-ray, and CT scan at one year after end of treatment is due end of this July, but you won't hear me quibbling about minor details. At the very least, we can safely say quality time was created. Just got back from some pretty decent hiking (about 15 miles total at 5-8.5K feet elevation) in New Mexico.

Keep kicking, folks!
  • grannylove
    grannylove Member Posts: 183

Stage 3 Lung Cancer
    Seems like just yesterday, but I guess I've now been at this long enough to offer up encouragement:

Followup image (chest X-ray only) last week, exactly one year after 3B diagnosis (left main stem bronchus, one lymph node on right). Two courses Cisplatin and Etoposide with concurrent radiation, end mid-July 2010.

Last Friday, the doc was heard to say (the envelope, please): "No sign of cancer."

It was only a chest X-ray, and CT scan at one year after end of treatment is due end of this July, but you won't hear me quibbling about minor details. At the very least, we can safely say quality time was created. Just got back from some pretty decent hiking (about 15 miles total at 5-8.5K feet elevation) in New Mexico.

Keep kicking, folks!

Great news Ex!!
    Congrats on some good news and thanks for sharing! Great way to celebrate too!
  • lekkerone
    lekkerone Member Posts: 199 Member

Stage 3 Lung Cancer

Keep kicking, folks!

Terrific news.
    Wonderful news Ex R. That's a really ambitious hike.
  • sissylu1
    sissylu1 Member Posts: 66 Member

Stage 3 Lung Cancer

Keep kicking, folks!

congratulations
    YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • lynntaylor
    lynntaylor Member Posts: 39

Stage 3 Lung Cancer

Keep kicking, folks!

Great news...
    Fantastic news! So glad to hear.
    You keep kicking too!
    LT
  • lynntaylor
    lynntaylor Member Posts: 39
    kozina,
    If you don't mind me

kozina,
    If you don't mind me asking... where outside the lungs is your tumor? My father's is in the mediastinum (9x13cm)...staged NSCLC 3A... said to start on the lung. I never even knew that was a possibility. They tried, but were unable to remove it with surgery. He is half way through chemo and concurrent radiation. Still learning through this journey...and trying to understand better. So glad yours has begun to shrink... positive thoughts to you. And thanks if you don't mind sharing your story.
    LT
  • deltafun

kozina,
    If you don't mind me

kozina,
    If you don't mind me asking... where outside the lungs is your tumor? My father's is in the mediastinum (9x13cm)...staged NSCLC 3A... said to start on the lung. I never even knew that was a possibility. They tried, but were unable to remove it with surgery. He is half way through chemo and concurrent radiation. Still learning through this journey...and trying to understand better. So glad yours has begun to shrink... positive thoughts to you. And thanks if you don't mind sharing your story.
    LT

Stage 3 lung cancer
    Hi, mine is also on the outside of my lung and really don't understand what that means. It's 9x3 cm and they call it contigous what ever that means. I am trying to get in to see a surgeon now maybe he can explain it better but if you have any info on what it means I would really like to hear back from you.

Thanks

Frank
  • Ex_Rock_n_Roller
    Ex_Rock_n_Roller Member Posts: 281 Member
    deltafun said:

Stage 3 lung cancer
    Hi, mine is also on the outside of my lung and really don't understand what that means. It's 9x3 cm and they call it contigous what ever that means. I am trying to get in to see a surgeon now maybe he can explain it better but if you have any info on what it means I would really like to hear back from you.

Thanks

Frank

Outside the lung, etc.
    Outside the lung could probably mean a number of things; I would imagine the doc could be more specific if you asked.

"Contiguous" means all in one piece (e.g. the contiguous USA = the Lower 48). I would imagine in the context of cancer, that would be better news rather than worse (i.e. it's all in one mass and not spread around).
  • deltafun

Outside the lung, etc.
    Outside the lung could probably mean a number of things; I would imagine the doc could be more specific if you asked.

"Contiguous" means all in one piece (e.g. the contiguous USA = the Lower 48). I would imagine in the context of cancer, that would be better news rather than worse (i.e. it's all in one mass and not spread around).

Stage 3
    Thanks Rock