Here's what I know so far

Comments

• pete43lost_at_sea
    pete43lost_at_sea Member Posts: 3,900 Member
    tootsie1 said:

3 years sounds good
    Yeah, that sounds more reasonable. I had one about 6 months after diagnosis because of all the pain I had been having, and then this one was about 3 years from that. I don't think I want to stretch it out farther than that.

*hugs*
    Gail

you are in my prayers
    dear gail,
    i hope your results are clear
    hugs,
    pete
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member

you are in my prayers
    dear gail,
    i hope your results are clear
    hugs,
    pete

Thanks!
    Thanks, Pete! If so, do you and your wife want to celebrate with Thai for lunch? *grins*

*Hugs*
    Gail
  • Fight for my love
    Fight for my love Member Posts: 1,522 Member
    Dear Gail,you will be fine.I
    Dear Gail,you will be fine.I pray for all the results are clear for you.Take care.
  • mom_2_3
    mom_2_3 Member Posts: 953 Member
    Gail
    Gail,

I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. I hope everything turns out well.

xoxo
    Amy
  • mom_2_3
    mom_2_3 Member Posts: 953 Member
    Gail
    dup
  • sasjourney
    sasjourney Member Posts: 395 Member
    Prayers for you
    Gail,

I'll be saying prayers for you.

Hugs,
    Sara
  • Lori-S
    Lori-S Member Posts: 1,277 Member
    Gail
    If the polyp comes back benign and you go on a 5 year plan, then isn't that a good sign? I will be hoping for the best results!
  • tootsie1
    Lori-S said:

Gail
    If the polyp comes back benign and you go on a 5 year plan, then isn't that a good sign? I will be hoping for the best results!

Just trying to keep things in check
    Lori,

I'm not trying to be negative about it. Even if it comes back benign, I think I would want to be checked sooner than 5 years, because I wouldn't want another one to show up that might not be so good, you know? Just seems like the wrong thing to do. Trust me, I'm no lover of the colonosocopy!

*hugs*
    Gail
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    Hugs to you
    Hi Gail,

Hope they don't make you wait too long for the biopsy results. I am betting the results will be benign as I don't think the polyps ever start out as cancerous- that takes time. I'm with you- I'd appreciate the doctors thinking I only need to be checked in another 5 years, but I'd want to check sooner than that- probably after 2 years to keep after things and snip any new polyp that may grow (hopefully none would, though).

Let us know how it turns out of course, and I'm praying all will go well with the ultrasound.

Hugs and prayers,
    Lisa
  • Kathleen808
    Kathleen808 Member Posts: 2,342 Member
    Gail
    Gail,
    Still holding you in prayer.

Aloha,
    Kathleen
  • RickMurtagh
    RickMurtagh Member Posts: 587 Member
    All those tests
    All those tests - I think I have had every test but a mammogram in the last few weeks.

Hopefully that little polyp will spend the remainder of it's short life in a petri dish and you can move on with yours. I am sure you can work it out with your doctor. There is also the test on Monday to wait on. You probably don't need another colonoscopy as soon as next week :)
  • JoyceSteele
    JoyceSteele Member Posts: 145
    hugs
    Sending you hugs... try not to worry, easy for me to say. Monday will be here before you know it and you'll get good news. Some Florida sunshine tucked inside for you. xo Joyce
  • tootsie1

All those tests
    All those tests - I think I have had every test but a mammogram in the last few weeks.

Hopefully that little polyp will spend the remainder of it's short life in a petri dish and you can move on with yours. I am sure you can work it out with your doctor. There is also the test on Monday to wait on. You probably don't need another colonoscopy as soon as next week :)

No way!
    Hey, I'm certainly not wanting another colonoscopy next week! *L* I was thinking more like 3 years!

*hugs*
    Gail

PS Don't count out the mammogram! They do them on guys!
  • tootsie1

Dear Gail,you will be fine.I
    Dear Gail,you will be fine.I pray for all the results are clear for you.Take care.

Thanks
    Thanks, "Fight!"

*hugs*
    Gail
  • tootsie1
    mom_2_3 said:

Gail
    Gail,

I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. I hope everything turns out well.

xoxo
    Amy

Thanks
    Thanks, Amy.

That makes me feel better!

*hugs*
    Gail
  • tootsie1

Prayers for you
    Gail,

I'll be saying prayers for you.

Hugs,
    Sara

Thank you!
    Thank you, Sara. Prayers are good!

*hugs*
    Gail
  • tootsie1
    lisa42 said:

Hugs to you
    Hi Gail,

Hope they don't make you wait too long for the biopsy results. I am betting the results will be benign as I don't think the polyps ever start out as cancerous- that takes time. I'm with you- I'd appreciate the doctors thinking I only need to be checked in another 5 years, but I'd want to check sooner than that- probably after 2 years to keep after things and snip any new polyp that may grow (hopefully none would, though).

Let us know how it turns out of course, and I'm praying all will go well with the ultrasound.

Hugs and prayers,
    Lisa

Praying for you, too!
    Thanks, Lisa.

With all you have going on, it makes me feel honored that you even have time to think about my little polyp.

*hugs*
    Gail
  • tootsie1

Gail
    Gail,
    Still holding you in prayer.

Aloha,
    Kathleen

Aloha!
    Thanks, Kathleen.

You're a doll!

*hugs*
    Gail
  • tootsie1

hugs
    Sending you hugs... try not to worry, easy for me to say. Monday will be here before you know it and you'll get good news. Some Florida sunshine tucked inside for you. xo Joyce

Thanks for the sunshine!
    Thanks, Joyce!

I just hope I get NEWS on Monday. I just want an answer to something, you know?

*hugs*
    Gail
  • jjaj133
    jjaj133 Member Posts: 867 Member
    tootsie1 said:

Thanks
    Thanks, Judy.

I guess we'll see what the ultrasound and biopsy show, and then we'll have a good talk.

*hugs*
    Gail

Gail, I just want to add,
    Gail, I just want to add, that the fact that my GP did a yearly cea blood test saved me the 2nd time. I had no symptoms. The 2nd time it was in my liver after 5 yrs. so please, at least insist on a cea annually.

Judy