Here's what I know so far

tootsie1
tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
I was relieved that I was clean enough for the colonoscopy. It took a lot of work, but I finally got "clear." So a polyp was found. I was too out it when the gastroenterologist came in to discuss things. He told Bill that it's being biopsied. The nurse came in a little later and said he wants me to do a CT scan. When we informed her of the ultrasound already ordered for Monday, she checked with him and said he'll wait to see those results before deciding whether or not to do the scan.

So, I feel like I'm in a holding pattern. The doctor also told Bill that if the polyp is okay, he'll put me on a 5-year colonoscopy plan. That kind of makes me nervous. I will definitely talk to him more about that!

*hugs*
Gail

Comments

• daBeachBum
    daBeachBum Member Posts: 164
    Sending good thoughts your way...
    Gail,

I'm sorry that you have to wait for word on the prognosis, that has to be nerve wracking.

I wish you all the best and hope your scans come in clean!

Take care,

Ray
  • tootsie1

Sending good thoughts your way...
    Gail,

I'm sorry that you have to wait for word on the prognosis, that has to be nerve wracking.

I wish you all the best and hope your scans come in clean!

Take care,

Ray

Thanks
    Thanks, Ray.

*hugs*
    Gail
  • Buzzard
    Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member
    tootsie1 said:

Thanks
    Thanks, Ray.

*hugs*
    Gail

You will be with me at the altar this evening ...
    Tonight is Bible study and Childrens Church...You along with everyone else will be with me in prayer tonight. All will be well Tootsie......Love to you and yours, buzz
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member
    Buzzard said:

Tonight is Bible study and Childrens Church...You along with everyone else will be with me in prayer tonight. All will be well Tootsie......Love to you and yours, buzz

All will be well i agree ,you got my prayers as well!
    Hugs.
  • ketziah35
    ketziah35 Member Posts: 1,145
    Sending prayers your way!

• kristasplace
    kristasplace Member Posts: 957 Member
    Sweet Gail...
    Boy do we all know what you're going through! I can't remember how long you've been clear, but it seems like a long time. I'm sure you'll be clear this time. You know many people get those nasty polyps. We're just lucky that we're checked often enough to catch them before they do become problematic (after the fact that we've already received a diagnosis, and fought the fight, of course!).

I agree with you about the five year wait. With your history, and with a polyp being found, you should get checked in a year, right? Two at most? I would talk to him about that. Doctors seem to forget to check their notes on patient history. My Mother just had an upper endoscopy where a wart was found. She had her last colonoscopy a year ago, in which they find polyps every time. The doc tried to tell her to come back in three years for another colonoscopy. I had to remind him of her history, AND mine. He changed his tune, and wants her to get another one this summer. It always concerns me that we have to keep such a vigilant eye on these doctors!

Hugs!
    Krista
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    Tootsie
    I am glad that procedure is over; now just wait for the good news. I agree about the 5 years, I wouldn't want to wait that long either if I were you.
  • tootsie1
    Buzzard said:

Thanks
    That gives me great comfort, Buzz.

*hugs*
    Gail
  • tootsie1
    ketziah35 said:

Thanks
    Thanks, ketziah!

*hugs*
    Gail
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Sorry
    Sorry you still are in that waiting mode. It's so hard when you just want the answers now. Hoping that the biopsy is negative and that the ultrasound goes well on Monday. Most important is that they figure out what is going on with you. You are in my prayers.

Kim
  • tootsie1
    pepebcn said:

All will be well i agree ,you got my prayers as well!
    Hugs.

I appreciate
    Thanks, dear.

*hugs*
    Gail
  • tootsie1

Sweet Gail...
    Boy do we all know what you're going through! I can't remember how long you've been clear, but it seems like a long time. I'm sure you'll be clear this time. You know many people get those nasty polyps. We're just lucky that we're checked often enough to catch them before they do become problematic (after the fact that we've already received a diagnosis, and fought the fight, of course!).

I agree with you about the five year wait. With your history, and with a polyp being found, you should get checked in a year, right? Two at most? I would talk to him about that. Doctors seem to forget to check their notes on patient history. My Mother just had an upper endoscopy where a wart was found. She had her last colonoscopy a year ago, in which they find polyps every time. The doc tried to tell her to come back in three years for another colonoscopy. I had to remind him of her history, AND mine. He changed his tune, and wants her to get another one this summer. It always concerns me that we have to keep such a vigilant eye on these doctors!

Hugs!
    Krista

Thanks
    Exactly, Krista!

It just makes me nervous to think about it. I was diagnosed about 3 1/2 years ago, so if a polyp has been found in that time, I don't feel comfortable waiting 5 years. Of course, if it comes back as "something," then the picture will change.

*hugs*
    Gail
  • tootsie1
    AnneCan said:

Tootsie
    I am glad that procedure is over; now just wait for the good news. I agree about the 5 years, I wouldn't want to wait that long either if I were you.

Thanks
    Thanks, Anne.

It did seem odd, since the nurse came in the room and said he wanted to know if I could do a CT scan tomorrow! Since I have the ultrasound on Monday, the CT has been put on hold, but it just seemed like on the one hand he was concerned, and on the other, he was cavalier.

*hugs*
    Gail
  • tootsie1

Sorry
    Sorry you still are in that waiting mode. It's so hard when you just want the answers now. Hoping that the biopsy is negative and that the ultrasound goes well on Monday. Most important is that they figure out what is going on with you. You are in my prayers.

Kim

Thanks
    Thank you, Kim.

I always love to see your lovely, smiling face pop up on here.

*hugs*
    Gail
  • maglets
    maglets Member Posts: 2,576 Member
    tootsie1 said:

Thanks
    Thank you, Kim.

I always love to see your lovely, smiling face pop up on here.

*hugs*
    Gail

goooood
    Gail I would sign up for the 5 year plan in one second......

all must be well sweetie....it just has to be....

worry when they want to see you every 2 weeks....

mags
  • jjaj133
    jjaj133 Member Posts: 867 Member
    Sending prayers your way
    Sending prayers your way also. I would not want to wait 5 years either. I agree you should remind the doc of your history. My doc told me 2 years tops.
    hugs to ya,
    Judy
  • Joy1216
    Joy1216 Member Posts: 290 Member
    5-Year Plan
    When I had my colonoscopy last fall (4 1/2 years after diagnosis), the gastro told me that if he found nothing, he would put me on the 5-year plan, but if he found anything I would be on the 3-year plan. Since he found a benign polyp, I'm on the 3-year plan. I was really hoping for the 5-year plan, but 3 years between colonoscopies isn't bad. You might ask the gastro about the 3-year plan.
    Joy
  • tootsie1
    maglets said:

goooood
    Gail I would sign up for the 5 year plan in one second......

all must be well sweetie....it just has to be....

worry when they want to see you every 2 weeks....

mags

I know
    hey, Mags.

I know. I hate to do them! But I sure don't want something to crop up that could be taken care of if found in time, and it's not found until a couple of years down the road.

*hugs*
    Gail
  • tootsie1
    jjaj133 said:

Sending prayers your way
    Sending prayers your way also. I would not want to wait 5 years either. I agree you should remind the doc of your history. My doc told me 2 years tops.
    hugs to ya,
    Judy

Thanks
    Thanks, Judy.

I guess we'll see what the ultrasound and biopsy show, and then we'll have a good talk.

*hugs*
    Gail
  • tootsie1
    Joy1216 said:

5-Year Plan
    When I had my colonoscopy last fall (4 1/2 years after diagnosis), the gastro told me that if he found nothing, he would put me on the 5-year plan, but if he found anything I would be on the 3-year plan. Since he found a benign polyp, I'm on the 3-year plan. I was really hoping for the 5-year plan, but 3 years between colonoscopies isn't bad. You might ask the gastro about the 3-year plan.
    Joy

3 years sounds good
    Yeah, that sounds more reasonable. I had one about 6 months after diagnosis because of all the pain I had been having, and then this one was about 3 years from that. I don't think I want to stretch it out farther than that.

*hugs*
    Gail