So depressed and discouraged tonight!

2»

Comments

• BioAdoptMom
    BioAdoptMom Member Posts: 358
    linpsu said:

So sorry
    Sorry to hear of yet another roadblock in your journey. Prayers are being sent your way! Hugs, Linda

Thank you for your kind
    Thank you for your kind support, positive thoughts, prayers and wise advice my new pink sisters! I am so glad I found this board!

Nancy
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member

kanser
    GGGRRRRRRRR!!!!
    I hate it.

I know I spelled it wrong, but I hate it so much I won't give it the proper spelling.

Nancy wishing you the best. Take care

Sending you hugs and support
    Sending you hugs and support Nancy!

Hugs, Jan
  • laughs_a_lot
    laughs_a_lot Member Posts: 1,368 Member

Thank you for your kind
    Thank you for your kind support, positive thoughts, prayers and wise advice my new pink sisters! I am so glad I found this board!

Nancy

prayer
    You are on the prayer list.
  • camul
    camul Member Posts: 2,537

Thank you for your kind

Nancy

Nancy, hang in there. One
    Nancy, hang in there. One thing that I learned real quick is that once I had the big 'C', every doctor I have seen since goes that extra mile, just to be on the safe side. I will say prayers that this is what they are doing. So happy that they are being so thorough. I too would call the oncologist to give him/her a heads up.
    I am sending positive thoughts as well as prayers!

~Carol
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    camul said:

Nancy, hang in there. One
    Nancy, hang in there. One thing that I learned real quick is that once I had the big 'C', every doctor I have seen since goes that extra mile, just to be on the safe side. I will say prayers that this is what they are doing. So happy that they are being so thorough. I too would call the oncologist to give him/her a heads up.
    I am sending positive thoughts as well as prayers!

~Carol

Ms. Sunshine .. You crack me up! My definition of
    cancer -- its just a word with horrifying results. So I broke it down ..

can -- Yes I "CAN" do anything with the help of loved ones, you WARRIORS and my inner strength, we are all stronger than we know.

cer -- "CER" my jouney is peppered with challenges, difficulties and changes, however, I am looking to the future - and it is, what it is and I vow to fight every step of the way. Never giving up, or giving in.

I hope my simple break down helps someone, get thru their day, or treatment.

Strength and Courage,

Vicki Sam
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    VickiSam said:

can -- Yes I "CAN" do anything with the help of loved ones, you WARRIORS and my inner strength, we are all stronger than we know.

cer -- "CER" my jouney is peppered with challenges, difficulties and changes, however, I am looking to the future - and it is, what it is and I vow to fight every step of the way. Never giving up, or giving in.

Strength and Courage,

Vicki Sam

Nancy ... Remember this journey is filled with all
    sorts of twists and turns - ups and downs, similar to a roller coaster ride. Please don't get discouraged. Ride it out, put your hands in the air and scream.

Strength, Courage and Prayers.

Vicki Sam
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    VickiSam said:

Strength and Courage,

Vicki Sam

LOVE it!
    Yes, I can!!!

Hugs, Kathi
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Nancy
    so sorry to hear your news. I'm hoping the uterine biopsy turns out to be nothing serious. When I was dx with bc I told my gyn that I had been spotting for 2 weeks and I was 11 years post menopause. He sent me for an ovarian ultrasound and he did an endometrial biopsy. All was good so I'm hoping your news is good too.
    {{hugs}} Char
  • BioAdoptMom
    cahjah75 said:

Nancy
    so sorry to hear your news. I'm hoping the uterine biopsy turns out to be nothing serious. When I was dx with bc I told my gyn that I had been spotting for 2 weeks and I was 11 years post menopause. He sent me for an ovarian ultrasound and he did an endometrial biopsy. All was good so I'm hoping your news is good too.
    {{hugs}} Char

You all make me feel
    You all make me feel sooooooooooooooo encouraged! Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Nancy
  • Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member

You all make me feel
    You all make me feel sooooooooooooooo encouraged! Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Nancy

Make sure they talk first
    Nancy-

Your story sounds a little like mine, except I had them going on at the same time. I don't know what your oncologist will want to do about starting chemo before getting to the bottom of the uterine issues, but please tell him/her before you start infusions because if you need surgery (D & C, biopsy, or hysterectomy), I don't think they will do it if you're on chemo. The outcome from your gyn issues may also alter the type of chemo you have. Also, it takes a while to recover from chemo, and this might delay the gynecologic procedures. Please call and tell both oncology and gynecology what's going on with you. (Maybe you have already) It's important that they know all of your health issues before starting a treatment plan. And don't assume the right hand knows what the left is doing.

I'm here to tell you that even if it's worse case scenario (endometrial cancer requiring a hysterectomy), if the docs work together, it can be handled. Because we knew I had endometrial cancer when I got my bc diagnosis, I did not start chemotherapy for breast cancer until my hysterctomy and staging was done and I had recovered from that. I had a well orchestrated plan because my breast surgeon, medical oncologist and gynecologic oncologist put it together together, not separately. Of course, you don't know whether you will need a hysterectomy until the biopsy or D & C is done, but I bet your gynecologist will schedule those quickly so that information can be known and you can get on with breast cancer treatment.

If I can help with any of your questions about the gynecologic tests and course of events, let me know. I understand how frightened you must be. Remember, this may turn out to be nothing - or something that can wait until you've completed chemo, but until they know just what's going on "up there", it's just plan scarey.

Suzanne
  • LVG
    LVG Member Posts: 128
    Prayers, Thoughts and Encouragement are with you...
    Hi Nancy,
    This process can be soooo overwhelming - our husbands, family & friends sometimes could never understand how we feel (as much as they may try). I too, have an awesome, supportive, husband - who is taking excellent care of me. However, I don't always want to express exactly how I feel about the whole process. So... I click onto this site to ask questions, read very good info and receive encouragement.

During my pre-chemo screening / test, a 15.9 cm cyst/growth was found on my remaining ovary. My Medical Onc. immediately hooked me up with a Gyne Onc.; Although the Gyne Onc. wanted to do surgery within 2 wks.; the two of them talked and decided to allow me to begin chemo immediately to tackle the agressive breast cancer and to have remove ovary, cyst and a bunch of other stuff once chemo is completed - then, to do radiation after recovery of gyne surgery. Once I received the answers and understanding of all of this... I felt a bit more at ease. I have just finished chemo and will have surgery in two weeks.

It's a lot - but we all can and will do this. You'll soon find that you are way stronger than you ever thought. And on the days that you doubt that - log in and ask for support. You'll get it. The folks on this site are absolutely amazing.

Best of Luck
  • jewels5
    jewels5 Member Posts: 57
    LVG said:

Prayers, Thoughts and Encouragement are with you...
    Hi Nancy,
    This process can be soooo overwhelming - our husbands, family & friends sometimes could never understand how we feel (as much as they may try). I too, have an awesome, supportive, husband - who is taking excellent care of me. However, I don't always want to express exactly how I feel about the whole process. So... I click onto this site to ask questions, read very good info and receive encouragement.

During my pre-chemo screening / test, a 15.9 cm cyst/growth was found on my remaining ovary. My Medical Onc. immediately hooked me up with a Gyne Onc.; Although the Gyne Onc. wanted to do surgery within 2 wks.; the two of them talked and decided to allow me to begin chemo immediately to tackle the agressive breast cancer and to have remove ovary, cyst and a bunch of other stuff once chemo is completed - then, to do radiation after recovery of gyne surgery. Once I received the answers and understanding of all of this... I felt a bit more at ease. I have just finished chemo and will have surgery in two weeks.

It's a lot - but we all can and will do this. You'll soon find that you are way stronger than you ever thought. And on the days that you doubt that - log in and ask for support. You'll get it. The folks on this site are absolutely amazing.

Best of Luck

praying for peace for you
    Nancy,

I can understand the additional scare being thrown at you. My first appt with the oncologist, she asked me if anyone had told me about the tumor on my spine. It turned out to be benign, but until all those tests were confirmed I was beside myself in anxiety of something more than the BC. Prayers your way that all will be well with this and that they make the best decision about the treatment. There is only so much we can handle.

Hugs,
    Julie
  • BioAdoptMom
    jewels5 said:

praying for peace for you
    Nancy,

I can understand the additional scare being thrown at you. My first appt with the oncologist, she asked me if anyone had told me about the tumor on my spine. It turned out to be benign, but until all those tests were confirmed I was beside myself in anxiety of something more than the BC. Prayers your way that all will be well with this and that they make the best decision about the treatment. There is only so much we can handle.

Hugs,
    Julie

Thanks to the rest of you
    Thanks to the rest of you for your support and encouragement!

Nancy
  • cavediver
    cavediver Member Posts: 607
    hugs sent to you
    I am sorry to hear you have one more thing to deal with at this time. Hope you get some rest and find the strength to do whatever it takes! Hopefully it will all go smoothly for you. Positive thoughts and hugs.........
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    KathiM said:

But we here have your back, dearheart!
    I'm sorry you have such a large burden to carry!

We are here for you, and for your family!

Please keep us posted on the results....

Hugs, Kathi

You are in my thoughts and
    You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Hugs, Diane