Hospital update

13»

Comments

• Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Ritzy said:

Look at how loved you are
    Look at how loved you are Meena and how we all admire you for your strength and courage. You are truly one amazing warrior!

Praying and sending hugs,

Sue :)

I hope you had a wonderful
    I hope you had a wonderful weekend with your family Meena.

When we were at church Easter, I added you to our prayer list.

Hugs, Lex
  • ms.sunshine
    ms.sunshine Member Posts: 707 Member
    Alexis F said:

I hope you had a wonderful
    I hope you had a wonderful weekend with your family Meena.

When we were at church Easter, I added you to our prayer list.

Hugs, Lex

Meena you are loved much
    You are the champion, the victor. Stay in the fight, as I know you will. Let love and peace fill your spirit, that is where strength comes from. Prayers being sent for you.

WE LOVE YOU MEENA.
    Jennifer
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    sal314 said:

So, So Sorry
    for the crappy news. I think it's such a personal decision to decide on whether to continue to fight the cancer. I had a very good friend who had the same crushing news. She decided to stop treatment as she felt the side effects would be too much and she wanted to feel good and be strong during whatever time she had left.

Do what is right in your heart. I can't imagine to have to make such a difficult decision!
    You are a true inspiration to all. I'm sure you will do what is the best for you. You will know what that is when you feel at peace with whatever you decide.

Prayers being sent your way!!

Blessings & Peace,
    Sally

Writing to let you know
    Writing to let you know Meena that you are in my thoughts and prayers!

Hugs!
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    sea60 said:

I am holding on to hope
    as there have been stories that I had read where the cancer had spread and yet these people are alive today. Lance Armstrong and Jodie Olsteen are such stories of inspiration.

Hope is there. It pains me to hear you having to go through this. You have such a fighting spirit and your gratefulness for family and life is inspiring.

You are in my prayers Sister, every day.

Hugs,

Sylvia

Pray for a miracle everyday
    Pray for a miracle everyday for you!

Hugs, Leeza
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000

Meena you are loved much
    You are the champion, the victor. Stay in the fight, as I know you will. Let love and peace fill your spirit, that is where strength comes from. Prayers being sent for you.

WE LOVE YOU MEENA.
    Jennifer

I've been praying for you
    I've been praying for you Meena. How are you doing?

Hugs, Megan
  • Katz77
    Katz77 Member Posts: 598
    Prayers for you sweet meena.
    Prayers for you sweet meena. Tight hugs also. Your a strong amazing woman. You have a great family and wonderful doctors. Stay on top. Were all with you in spirit and love. Katz
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member

In my prayers
    This breaks my heart. I hope and pray you fight this and WIN!! I lift your name up in prayer. ♥

Patti Anne

I will be praying for you
    I will be praying for you Meena!

♥ Kristin ♥
  • LoveBabyJesus
    LoveBabyJesus Member Posts: 1,679 Member
    Stay Positive.
    Whatever you see, whatever they tell you, whatever you feel, stay positive. We will be here supporting you, praying for you and sending you positive energy. The fact that you choose to live is already 1/2 the battle won, now we just need to keep you positive, beleiving and keep the faith, always.

I want to tell you I know a story of a woman who was dignosed of liver cancer...well, she is a breast cancer survior but 8 years later, it mets to her liver. She only had 10% chance of survival. Guess what? She beat it!!! This was over 3 years ago and she s doing great! There are many wonderful stories out there too. This are the ones you should identify with. Aways always say it outloud. "I will beat this. I will be OK. I will LIVE."

Blessings for you and we are thinking and praying for you. Please keep us posted.

God bless you.
  • sausageroll
    sausageroll Member Posts: 415

Stay Positive.
    Whatever you see, whatever they tell you, whatever you feel, stay positive. We will be here supporting you, praying for you and sending you positive energy. The fact that you choose to live is already 1/2 the battle won, now we just need to keep you positive, beleiving and keep the faith, always.

I want to tell you I know a story of a woman who was dignosed of liver cancer...well, she is a breast cancer survior but 8 years later, it mets to her liver. She only had 10% chance of survival. Guess what? She beat it!!! This was over 3 years ago and she s doing great! There are many wonderful stories out there too. This are the ones you should identify with. Aways always say it outloud. "I will beat this. I will be OK. I will LIVE."

Blessings for you and we are thinking and praying for you. Please keep us posted.

God bless you.

Thinking of you!
    As always Meena...you are in our thoughts and hugs are coming your way! Take care.
  • pinkflutterby
    pinkflutterby Member Posts: 615 Member

Thinking of you!
    As always Meena...you are in our thoughts and hugs are coming your way! Take care.

Meena I am so sorry I missed
    Meena I am so sorry I missed your post and your birthday, Happy Birthday!!!! Let me tell you about miracles!!! I have stage IV cancer, originally with mets to my liver and bones. The tumor in my liver is gone :) My bone mets are stablized. In May 2010 it was found that the cancer had spread to the fluid in my spine & around my brain. I didnt know this, but my onc told my mom I had about 6 months at the most. Well poo on her I'm still here!!! Then in Nov 2010 I had a major set back the port they put in my head for treating the brain and spinal fliud malfunctioned and was leaking into my skull and caused a rather large cyst on my brain, they had to remove a golfball pocket of fluid, the cyst and the port. The port was causing me to have seizures I was weak I had to use a walker to walk and a shower stool. My onc went on maternity leave in October 2010 came back in late Jan 2011 and was surprised I was here after reading my chart with all that happened. A new port was placed in my skull on Jan 17 (my bday) and all is working good. I asked my onc how long the treatment in my head can continue, and she tells theres not very much research on how long because people dont usually last very long, I am coming up on a year!!! She tell me all the time how surprised she is with me and how happy and she uses my case in her research group all the time because I have been a miracle case in her practice!! so YES miracles happen!!! Hold my hand and lets do this together!!!! I have lots left to do in my life and I have no plans on going anywhere anytime soon. Pray alot, I do, and thank god for the work he has done so far and keep on doing it, theres nothing greater than the power of prayer!! and stay positive, I so so believe a positive attitude is everything!!!

xoxo Libby!!!!!!!!!!!
  • tommaseena
    tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769

Meena I am so sorry I missed your post and your birthday, Happy Birthday!!!! Let me tell you about miracles!!! I have stage IV cancer, originally with mets to my liver and bones. The tumor in my liver is gone :) My bone mets are stablized. In May 2010 it was found that the cancer had spread to the fluid in my spine & around my brain. I didnt know this, but my onc told my mom I had about 6 months at the most. Well poo on her I'm still here!!! Then in Nov 2010 I had a major set back the port they put in my head for treating the brain and spinal fliud malfunctioned and was leaking into my skull and caused a rather large cyst on my brain, they had to remove a golfball pocket of fluid, the cyst and the port. The port was causing me to have seizures I was weak I had to use a walker to walk and a shower stool. My onc went on maternity leave in October 2010 came back in late Jan 2011 and was surprised I was here after reading my chart with all that happened. A new port was placed in my skull on Jan 17 (my bday) and all is working good. I asked my onc how long the treatment in my head can continue, and she tells theres not very much research on how long because people dont usually last very long, I am coming up on a year!!! She tell me all the time how surprised she is with me and how happy and she uses my case in her research group all the time because I have been a miracle case in her practice!! so YES miracles happen!!! Hold my hand and lets do this together!!!! I have lots left to do in my life and I have no plans on going anywhere anytime soon. Pray alot, I do, and thank god for the work he has done so far and keep on doing it, theres nothing greater than the power of prayer!! and stay positive, I so so believe a positive attitude is everything!!!

xoxo Libby!!!!!!!!!!!

Meena
    Meena,
    Everyone has said everything already.
    You will be in my thoughts and prayers every day.
    You will do everything to get through this and you have all of us in your corner.

Hugs,
    Margo
  • MIfamily
    MIfamily Member Posts: 1

xoxo Libby!!!!!!!!!!!

My friend has brca in spinal fluid
    She just finished 2nd round of radiation (first round was chest, spine and neck), then this most recent round was after diagnosis of spinal fluid mets, involving 5 weeks rad to back of neck. Now she wants to continue with intrathecal chemo. Can you tell me how it has been going? We too are praying for a miracle!
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    MIfamily said:

My friend has brca in spinal fluid
    She just finished 2nd round of radiation (first round was chest, spine and neck), then this most recent round was after diagnosis of spinal fluid mets, involving 5 weeks rad to back of neck. Now she wants to continue with intrathecal chemo. Can you tell me how it has been going? We too are praying for a miracle!

To Mlfamily
    Dear MLfamily,
    Sorry that your friend is having advanced cancer. Please stay by her side. Miracles do happen and progression can be stopped or stabilized. unfortunately several of our sisters from this thread are in Heaven watching over us.
    Hugs