Who Will Be Up In The Wee Hours To Watch The Royal Wedding?

susie09
susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
Thinking I will just start a tape and let it run. LOL

Comments

• canoegirl
    canoegirl Member Posts: 169
    Tape
    I think I'll tape it. I got up early for Diana and Charles, but now with DVR life is much easier when it comes to TV viewing!
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    I don't know Susie
    I'm thinking I'm gonna be one of those getting up at a crazy hour to watch it live.

I loved Princess Di. Such a fairy tale wedding. I can still rememember being 21 years old and watching her Royal wedding. Her and I were pregnant together with our sons and I felt so bad for her when her marriage fell apart. She just impressed me with her humble and genuine personality. I think a lot of people could relate to her.

I was shocked, like most, upon learning of her death. I literally felt like someone in my family had died!

So YES! I am totally watching her son, William get married. And if I fall asleep, I'll catch one of the millions of re-runs they'll be airing for the next several months! LOL!

Hugs,

Sylvia
  • jessiesmom1
    jessiesmom1 Member Posts: 915 Member
    Royal Wedding
    The coverage of the Royal Wedding starts at 1a.m. on the West Coast so I am not sure what I am going to do. I hope the newspaper has a schedule of some sort for the TV coverage so I can decide whether I must watch it live. My husband and 2 children (ages 18 and 20) think I am a nut for even considering this. Like others on this board I also watched the wedding of William's mother and father.
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member

Royal Wedding
    The coverage of the Royal Wedding starts at 1a.m. on the West Coast so I am not sure what I am going to do. I hope the newspaper has a schedule of some sort for the TV coverage so I can decide whether I must watch it live. My husband and 2 children (ages 18 and 20) think I am a nut for even considering this. Like others on this board I also watched the wedding of William's mother and father.

I would like to would have
    I would like to would have to be up for 4 am but am off work. I think its a lovely distraction!
  • mrs gadget
    mrs gadget Member Posts: 118
    Oh the memories
    Remember the pre-dvr days and the pre-vcr days? I had a sleep over with my best friend and we got up in the middle of the night to watch Diana and Charles. This one is already se to automatically record so I can watch it at my leisure...
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941

Oh the memories
    Remember the pre-dvr days and the pre-vcr days? I had a sleep over with my best friend and we got up in the middle of the night to watch Diana and Charles. This one is already se to automatically record so I can watch it at my leisure...

Yes I'll start watching
    Yes I'll start watching about 6 am and plan to stay glued to the tv throughout the day as I did when Dianna was married.

Perhaps I'll do tea and crumpets to cheer the newlyweds on. Cant wait to see Kate in her gown.
  • Marsha Mulvey
    Marsha Mulvey Member Posts: 597 Member
    natly15 said:

Yes I'll start watching
    Yes I'll start watching about 6 am and plan to stay glued to the tv throughout the day as I did when Dianna was married.

Perhaps I'll do tea and crumpets to cheer the newlyweds on. Cant wait to see Kate in her gown.

hum, don't know
    I'll find out Friday - let you know.
  • linpsu
    linpsu Member Posts: 747
    Probably
    The TV coverage starts at 4 and I am NOT a morning person, so maybe I'll be up by 6 or so. Can't wait to see the dress! I am on spring break this week so I don't have to go to work on Friday - what great timing!
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    canoegirl said:

Tape
    I think I'll tape it. I got up early for Diana and Charles, but now with DVR life is much easier when it comes to TV viewing!

I will tape it too. I also
    I will tape it too. I also got up early for Diana's wedding, but, like my sleep more now. LOL
  • TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member
    linpsu said:

Probably
    The TV coverage starts at 4 and I am NOT a morning person, so maybe I'll be up by 6 or so. Can't wait to see the dress! I am on spring break this week so I don't have to go to work on Friday - what great timing!

God bless DVRs
    We have the BBC America channel, and they're simulcasting the official British BBC wedding coverage from 3 am to 3:30 pm (Pacific Time) on Friday. My DVR is already set -- yes, 12 1/2 straight hours -- I may come home from work and find my poor DVR heaving and smoldering from exhaustion.

My girlfriend's 17-year-old daughter and I have ordered dinner delivered for when I get home from work, and we're going to have a picnic on the bed and watch until we have British protocol and garish hats coming out our ears -- we're both totally excited for it!

Last Sunday evening, TLC broadcast a condensed 2-hour version of Charles and Diana's wedding coverage. Sigh...I was 12 years old and on summer vacation in July 1981, and watched every minute of it live back then, before VCRs and DVRs. Such a trip down memory lane!

Traci
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    I am odd man out
    I have no desire to watch...live or recorded... MMMMM
  • mwallace1325
    mwallace1325 Member Posts: 806

I am odd man out
    I have no desire to watch...live or recorded... MMMMM

I'm second odd man out
    Happy for them, but don't care to see it.

marge
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member

I'm second odd man out

marge

Interested in what 'Kate' will wear .. otherwise,
    not going to Tivo or get up early to watch hours of whether or not Camilla allow her face to sport a smile for the happy couple, or if The Queen will be carrying that small unattractive black purse that she sports to every event.

I am positive .. our local, and world news will be peppered with clips and high lights for weeks.

Vicki Sam
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Not me. I was up all last
    Not me. I was up all last night with 16 babies. Whew! Remind me why I thought I needed to take on this "little" flex job in addition to my fulltime job? I seriously think I need therapy. I know I need sleep...yawn. It was a challenge!
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    I woke at
    5:00 am with my 5 year old daughter to watch Dianna and Prince Philip. I don't plan on getting up for this one but will watch all the news coverage. I LOL with Sharon Osborne on "The Talk" this afternoon. She has met the royal family a few times. Kate will be a beautiful bride and Wils is so handsome. I'm sure Dianna will be watching and smiling.
    Char
  • Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    I may be awake in the "wee
    I may be awake in the "wee hours" just because that happens some times but not to watch the theatrics.
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member

I'm second odd man out

marge

@Marge
    YOU make me feel better..hehe...

Denise
  • camul
    camul Member Posts: 2,537
    I will record it, but good
    I will record it, but good probability that I will be up and watching. Yes, my boys think I am crazy for even thinking this. Watched his parents, now I will watch them! Can't wait to see her dress.
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Rague said:

I may be awake in the "wee
    I may be awake in the "wee hours" just because that happens some times but not to watch the theatrics.

My husband already set the
    My husband already set the VCR. I won't be up that early. LOL
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    camul said:

I will record it, but good
    I will record it, but good probability that I will be up and watching. Yes, my boys think I am crazy for even thinking this. Watched his parents, now I will watch them! Can't wait to see her dress.

The wedding was so
    The wedding was so beautiful! Kate and William make the cutest couple.

The only thing I saw that I didn't like was the Queen's yellow outfit. Just didn't like all that yellow. LOL

The British sure know how to put on a wedding!