Ouestion..???

Hi guys,
I was wondering...can "anyone" come on our Lymphoma site and flag our comments? For instance...I check out other sites...colorectal...breast cancer, etc, but don't post comments..I just read whats going on at those boards. The reason I ask is because I can't figure out why some of John's comments were pulled. I find it hard to believe that someone in our group flagged his comments, prompting the moderator to pull them. That leads me to wonder if someone from another group flagged him, or if thats even posible? Maybe those of you that have been posting here at CSN can shed some light on this for me. I can't think of anything we all have discussed that would be offensive to anyone, and if there was a time, why wouldn't the person being offended just come right out and say so? Is my thinking off here? I just hate to think someone in our group is being picked on..makes absolutely no sense to me. John has always been very supportive and caring, as everyone else has been. This just seemed very weird to me to read him say some of his comments were flagged. ????...Sue (FNHL-2-3A-6/10)

Comments

• forme
    forme Member Posts: 1,161 Member
    Question
    Hi Sue,

Belated Easter Greetings.

I know that anyone can flag a post on any topic. It's up to Greta to pull it. I also think that Greta can flag something and then remove it. Not positive though.

John's latest that was flagged... I was able to read it before that happened. They removed a whole sentence. I felt it was fine, and it should of stayed. But I worry about the censorship and if it limits people from speaking freely.

Just my thoughts...

Lisha
  • allmost60
    allmost60 Member Posts: 3,178 Member
    forme said:

Question
    Hi Sue,

Belated Easter Greetings.

I know that anyone can flag a post on any topic. It's up to Greta to pull it. I also think that Greta can flag something and then remove it. Not positive though.

John's latest that was flagged... I was able to read it before that happened. They removed a whole sentence. I felt it was fine, and it should of stayed. But I worry about the censorship and if it limits people from speaking freely.

Just my thoughts...

Lisha

Didn't see it..
    Hi Lisha,
    Thanks Lisha...I didn't know how the flagging thingy works. I can understand flagging a comment that is mean and hurtful, but when have we ever seen anything like that happen? Never, at least not here since I've been posting. I think our society as a whole has lost the ability to show tolerance. People are so quick to judge or lash out when others don't think EXACTLY the way they want a person to think. Life is too short to spend it being confrontational. I guess it's the Libra part of me always wishing for everything and everyone to be balanced and happy. I believe we should live and let live. Gosh...what a dull world it would be if we all thought and felt just one way...ya know? Anyways...how is your week starting out?...Good I hope. I think about you all of the time. Just praying sometime soon you can start a cancer fighting process with a definte plan of attack. Take care sweetie..Love...Sue (FNHL-2-3A-6/10)
  • dixiegirl
    dixiegirl Member Posts: 1,043 Member
    allmost60 said:

Didn't see it..
    Hi Lisha,
    Thanks Lisha...I didn't know how the flagging thingy works. I can understand flagging a comment that is mean and hurtful, but when have we ever seen anything like that happen? Never, at least not here since I've been posting. I think our society as a whole has lost the ability to show tolerance. People are so quick to judge or lash out when others don't think EXACTLY the way they want a person to think. Life is too short to spend it being confrontational. I guess it's the Libra part of me always wishing for everything and everyone to be balanced and happy. I believe we should live and let live. Gosh...what a dull world it would be if we all thought and felt just one way...ya know? Anyways...how is your week starting out?...Good I hope. I think about you all of the time. Just praying sometime soon you can start a cancer fighting process with a definte plan of attack. Take care sweetie..Love...Sue (FNHL-2-3A-6/10)

Question for the Moderators
    Maybe we should ask them why the comments were flagged and removed. I have never had any problem that I know of, but maybe the CSN moderators could clue us in? I know there is a way to contact them.

Dana I think is one, and I am not completely sure of the others...maybe Joe?

I think it's worth asking though.

Just my opinion too.
    Beth
  • allmost60
    dixiegirl said:

Question for the Moderators
    Maybe we should ask them why the comments were flagged and removed. I have never had any problem that I know of, but maybe the CSN moderators could clue us in? I know there is a way to contact them.

Dana I think is one, and I am not completely sure of the others...maybe Joe?

I think it's worth asking though.

Just my opinion too.
    Beth

Sent them a message..
    Hi Beth,
    I sent CSN a message about removing Johns posts. Hopefully someone will explain what the deal is. Have you ever felt like anything he wrote was out of line or offensive? I've never seen anything. He was the first person to welcome me and then I think you were the second person. I would be very sad if John couldn't post to the group. I just don't get it. I'll let you know if I hear back from CSN...Love ya...Sue (FNHL-2-3A-6/10)
  • forme
    allmost60 said:

Sent them a message..
    Hi Beth,
    I sent CSN a message about removing Johns posts. Hopefully someone will explain what the deal is. Have you ever felt like anything he wrote was out of line or offensive? I've never seen anything. He was the first person to welcome me and then I think you were the second person. I would be very sad if John couldn't post to the group. I just don't get it. I'll let you know if I hear back from CSN...Love ya...Sue (FNHL-2-3A-6/10)

One four letter word
    Hi Sue,

I did read the post, as it was directed towards me. I think the reason they removed a sentence is because of one word. I did not find it offensive and felt that it expressed true emotion for the situation we are in. A very hard and difficult journey. The word that I refer to starts with S and ends with T. Not to bad in my humble opinion...

Lisha

PS I just reread the terms and conditions of membership, and it does say that you cannot use "bad" words. I guess there may be some folks who find them really offensive. I don't care one way or another about it. These so called "bad" words are part of our "new" language. Sad but true. I most definately do not think any less of John for his choice in words. They came from his heart, which I know to be good....
  • allmost60
    forme said:

One four letter word
    Hi Sue,

I did read the post, as it was directed towards me. I think the reason they removed a sentence is because of one word. I did not find it offensive and felt that it expressed true emotion for the situation we are in. A very hard and difficult journey. The word that I refer to starts with S and ends with T. Not to bad in my humble opinion...

Lisha

PS I just reread the terms and conditions of membership, and it does say that you cannot use "bad" words. I guess there may be some folks who find them really offensive. I don't care one way or another about it. These so called "bad" words are part of our "new" language. Sad but true. I most definately do not think any less of John for his choice in words. They came from his heart, which I know to be good....

No posts...
    Hi Lisha,
    Well, he hasn't posted anything for a few days which makes me wonder if he's being blocked by the CSN moderator. How awful to block someone that only had our best interest at heart and has always been supportive to EVERYONE! I e-mailed CSN and inquired about his comments being removed, and so far all I have gotten back from them is a statement saying...quote......
    "Thank you for your message to Cancer Survivors Network. We will promptly
    read your message, and reply if appropriate". So...I guess now I wait to see if my message will be deemed "appropriate" for them to respond. ??? I don't know Lisha...it just bugs the heck out of me to think that one of our cancer buddies is not able to reach out...it's just not right. My gosh...I've been to other groups and have read comments that were certainly more explicit than saying s--t. Like I said before...this just makes no sense to me. Who could be so insensitive or this shallow? Well...hopefully this will be solved soon...our group is a kind and loving group and this deal with John feels "mean spirited"..you know? Well..I hope you have a peaceful week, and I'll talk to you soon. I'm just sad about this.
    Love...Sue (FNHL-2-3A-6/10)
  • Michele23
    Michele23 Member Posts: 168
    allmost60 said:

No posts...
    Hi Lisha,
    Well, he hasn't posted anything for a few days which makes me wonder if he's being blocked by the CSN moderator. How awful to block someone that only had our best interest at heart and has always been supportive to EVERYONE! I e-mailed CSN and inquired about his comments being removed, and so far all I have gotten back from them is a statement saying...quote......
    "Thank you for your message to Cancer Survivors Network. We will promptly
    read your message, and reply if appropriate". So...I guess now I wait to see if my message will be deemed "appropriate" for them to respond. ??? I don't know Lisha...it just bugs the heck out of me to think that one of our cancer buddies is not able to reach out...it's just not right. My gosh...I've been to other groups and have read comments that were certainly more explicit than saying s--t. Like I said before...this just makes no sense to me. Who could be so insensitive or this shallow? Well...hopefully this will be solved soon...our group is a kind and loving group and this deal with John feels "mean spirited"..you know? Well..I hope you have a peaceful week, and I'll talk to you soon. I'm just sad about this.
    Love...Sue (FNHL-2-3A-6/10)

I agree
    Have never seen anything here mean spirited.We all seem to take things at face value.We offer each other a shoulder/a hand or an a opinion.Isn't that why we're here?Blessings,Michele Dx95FNHL3
  • merrywinner
    merrywinner Member Posts: 626 Member
    Oh no!
    Poor John,I think this has happened to him before. I remember a long time ago, shortly after he joined,he mentioned being flagged and that he knew who it was. I never find anything he says offensive. Come on John talk to us. We love to hear from you. Your heart of gold is worth so much. Has anyone ever worried that they hit the report button instead of the reply button? Do you get a screen that tells you? Mary
  • forme

Oh no!
    Poor John,I think this has happened to him before. I remember a long time ago, shortly after he joined,he mentioned being flagged and that he knew who it was. I never find anything he says offensive. Come on John talk to us. We love to hear from you. Your heart of gold is worth so much. Has anyone ever worried that they hit the report button instead of the reply button? Do you get a screen that tells you? Mary

Safety check
    Hi Mary,

if you flag a post, a new screen pops up to ask if you really want to continue. It says that your action cannot be undone, then ask if you wish to continue. So, if you hit that button by accident, you have the chance to cancel or confirm. Hope this info helps.

Lisha
  • merrywinner
    merrywinner Member Posts: 626 Member
    forme said:

Safety check
    Hi Mary,

if you flag a post, a new screen pops up to ask if you really want to continue. It says that your action cannot be undone, then ask if you wish to continue. So, if you hit that button by accident, you have the chance to cancel or confirm. Hope this info helps.

Lisha

Thanks
    It does help and I guess I have never accidentally done it then cuz I've never seen that message. I was just curious. Thanks again and hope all is as well as it can be. Mary
  • COBRA666
    COBRA666 Member Posts: 2,401 Member
    Hi Sue, This is John's wife.
    Hi Sue, This is John's wife. Thought I'd give it a try to see if I can post. I replied to someone trying to sell a bunch of brand named merchandise and it posted. Hooray!! Maybe they are letting John back on. If this goes through, thank you everyone for speaking up for him. He really missed not being able to communicate with everyone and deeply cares about everyone's well being. It truly bothered him not being able to respond to the regular gang and trying to ease and calm the fears of the newbies. Don't know if the block was a fluke or if all everyone's efforts paid off but if it was the latter then thank you all so much.
  • forme
    COBRA666 said:

Hi Sue, This is John's wife.
    Hi Sue, This is John's wife. Thought I'd give it a try to see if I can post. I replied to someone trying to sell a bunch of brand named merchandise and it posted. Hooray!! Maybe they are letting John back on. If this goes through, thank you everyone for speaking up for him. He really missed not being able to communicate with everyone and deeply cares about everyone's well being. It truly bothered him not being able to respond to the regular gang and trying to ease and calm the fears of the newbies. Don't know if the block was a fluke or if all everyone's efforts paid off but if it was the latter then thank you all so much.

Wonderful news
    Hi John's wife,
    I am so happy that the posts are working again. I and many others sent emails asking for them to let him post again. I think he is wonderful. He has helped me so much. Thanks for trying tonight.
    Lisha
  • Michele23
    Michele23 Member Posts: 168
    forme said:

Wonderful news
    Hi John's wife,
    I am so happy that the posts are working again. I and many others sent emails asking for them to let him post again. I think he is wonderful. He has helped me so much. Thanks for trying tonight.
    Lisha

Thats great
    Hi,Look forward to having him back with us onboard.Honestly some people must not have a life to cause problems to others.Good luck,Michele DX95FNHL3
  • COBRA666
    Michele23 said:

Thats great
    Hi,Look forward to having him back with us onboard.Honestly some people must not have a life to cause problems to others.Good luck,Michele DX95FNHL3

Inquiries
    Hey all,
    It seems like the inquires did the trick. I never got any reponse one way or the other from the administrator telling me I was banned or anything telling me I was allowed back on. I did manage to find out that I was reported as offensive by a member,but would not tell me what the remark was. That just goes to show how bad I am.Better stop there and leave it with a "GOLLY GEE WHIZ!!" Thanks again,John(FNHL-1-4A-5/10)
  • vinny59
    vinny59 Member Posts: 1,036 Member
    COBRA666 said:

Inquiries
    Hey all,
    It seems like the inquires did the trick. I never got any reponse one way or the other from the administrator telling me I was banned or anything telling me I was allowed back on. I did manage to find out that I was reported as offensive by a member,but would not tell me what the remark was. That just goes to show how bad I am.Better stop there and leave it with a "GOLLY GEE WHIZ!!" Thanks again,John(FNHL-1-4A-5/10)

welcome back
    welcome back!
  • KC13167
    KC13167 Member Posts: 215
    COBRA666 said:

Inquiries
    Hey all,

Glad u r back! Does it make
    Glad u r back! Does it make sense to bann you and then not let you know what was found to be offensive? I can't wrap my brain around it. Again, I'm glad you r back! Kellie
  • COBRA666
    KC13167 said:

Glad u r back! Does it make
    Glad u r back! Does it make sense to bann you and then not let you know what was found to be offensive? I can't wrap my brain around it. Again, I'm glad you r back! Kellie

Being back
    Kellie,
    I guess the less they write or say the less they have to justify. :) John
  • dixiegirl
    dixiegirl Member Posts: 1,043 Member
    COBRA666 said:

Being back
    Kellie,
    I guess the less they write or say the less they have to justify. :) John

chalk it up
    John,

I'm glad you're back, but just chalk it up to experience and move on. LOL