Am I the only one? scrap

2»

Comments

• disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member

Kept the calendars
    I kept the calendars I had, one at home and one at work, showing every appointment. For rads I'd cross off treatments by week. I later transferred everything to one list and keep that with the info sent by my cancer center about the diagnosis and treatment. I could never decide what to do with my rads certificate. Part of me wants to frame it, but then again. . .

marge

@marge
    MY little Rad Diploma came in little frame which sits on counter etc..I keep mine right on my TV stand...with famil pix....means a lot to me...I am sure to everyone else just certificate..

Denise
  • Mitzi333
    Mitzi333 Member Posts: 511 Member

@marge
    MY little Rad Diploma came in little frame which sits on counter etc..I keep mine right on my TV stand...with famil pix....means a lot to me...I am sure to everyone else just certificate..

Denise

Yes... I'm keeping track...
    I journal my thoughts and how I'm responding to treatments daily. I also started a collage of pics of my health care team and me during treatments. Yes, it's def a part of my life and think it's a good idea to capture as I go. Cause with "Chemo Brain" I may not remember if I try to go back and recall what occurred. There's been a whirlwind of appointmens and tons of change since diagnosis. For me, Journaling adds a bit of stability to capture my thoughts and time to reflect on this process.

Thanks for the post.

Mitzi ;0)
  • sunshine0406
    sunshine0406 Member Posts: 65
    not yet but I want to
    I have been taking pictures (of my 4 year old with the radiation nurses, my 6 year old watching movies waiting for me to get out of radiation,me in my wigs, me at chemo, etc...) and I have some little things saved. I will make a page or two one day when I have more energy. I love to scrapbook (I have not done it in a couple years because my kids are just too energetic these days) and like you said it is a part of my life and I don't want to feel ashamed, I want to celebrate making it through this tough time. I think we all cope in different ways and this is one way I do.
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member

@marge

Denise

I think that rad diploma was
    I think that rad diploma was terrific! After going thru all of the treatments, ringing the bell, it was a nice gesture! I still have mine!
  • mwallace1325
    mwallace1325 Member Posts: 806

not yet but I want to
    I have been taking pictures (of my 4 year old with the radiation nurses, my 6 year old watching movies waiting for me to get out of radiation,me in my wigs, me at chemo, etc...) and I have some little things saved. I will make a page or two one day when I have more energy. I love to scrapbook (I have not done it in a couple years because my kids are just too energetic these days) and like you said it is a part of my life and I don't want to feel ashamed, I want to celebrate making it through this tough time. I think we all cope in different ways and this is one way I do.

Loved the bell
    I loved ringing the bell and the nurses showed me how to do it to make the most noise. It was awesome.

marge
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member

@Tara
    Sorry...I HOPE this doesn't offend you or anything...I guess we each handle things so much differently!

To me my last day of radiation is the DAY I REALLY Remember!
    THE END!

Denise

I actually considered my
    I actually considered my last day of rads the end of my treatment. I will still have mammo's and ultrasounds, but, that should be all.

Jan
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member

Loved the bell
    I loved ringing the bell and the nurses showed me how to do it to make the most noise. It was awesome.

marge

no bell for me
    never heard of the bell but sounds very cool!
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member

Loved the bell

marge

Scrapping is a great idea
    Scrapping is a great idea Denise! I loved the ringing of the bell too!