So depressed and discouraged tonight!

BioAdoptMom
BioAdoptMom Member Posts: 358
I had my chemo class today which provided a lot of info, though I thought touring the chemo room was a bit of a downer. So, I was already feeling pretty down while I was sitting at the softball field waiting for DD's game to start when my gyn's nurse called to tell me I need a D and C or a uterine biopsy, and soon. It turns out that not only is my lining very thick (it was a few years ago but not nearly as many mm's and I had a biopsy for it then), but the radiologist saw some things he didn't like! I start chemo for my BC on Friday, and now this. DH has been so supportive but I hate to vent to him because I don't want to upset him more than I am sure he already is. I know this could all be fine, but I just don't even want to deal with it right now. We have enough going on. I guess when it rains it pours!

Thanks for listening.

Nancy

Comments

• aisling8
    aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member
    Oh dear
    Just when you get your head wrapped around one scary thing, another pops up. It makes me want to scream "unfair," but then I remember I'm a grownup and there is no "fair."

I'm sorry your list of troubles is growing. As you say, this may be nothing. Try to get some rest, and get up tomorrow morning and deal with one thing at a time.

Sending you good thoughts.

xoxo
    Victoria
  • GreeneyedGirl
    GreeneyedGirl Member Posts: 1,077
    aisling8 said:

Oh dear
    Just when you get your head wrapped around one scary thing, another pops up. It makes me want to scream "unfair," but then I remember I'm a grownup and there is no "fair."

I'm sorry your list of troubles is growing. As you say, this may be nothing. Try to get some rest, and get up tomorrow morning and deal with one thing at a time.

Sending you good thoughts.

xoxo
    Victoria

we are here for you~
    Nancy~ you had quite a day, for sure. Trying to process all the information from the chemo visit and getting the news about the "other end" of things is overwhelming. How dare they call when you were trying to enjoy a little "normalcy" like watching a ball game with family. You can vent here anytime~ we understand the frustrations that this disease entails. We hang on to every bit of normal life we can~ even when it seems to only come in "moments"...we take them and savor the good. The tough, we can handle....You find out just how tough, and strong you are when battling cancer. And it is perfectly okay to have a meltdown or temper tantrum now and then~ just don't let those moments drag you down for too long. Hoping tomorrow is a better day!
    Blessings~
    Melanie
  • mariam_11_09
    mariam_11_09 Member Posts: 691 Member
    Sorry to hear that this is
    Sorry to hear that this is going on for you. I wish you well with your biopsy and hope that it amounts to nothing so that you can focus on this current treatment. Take care
  • jessiesmom1
    jessiesmom1 Member Posts: 915 Member
    Full Plate
    Hi Nancy,

When I read your post I took a deep breath and said a nasty swear word. In the last two years I have often felt that I had more than my share of bad things happening in life. I am sure you have, also. My husband was wonderfully supportive during the diagnosis and treatment process yet I could not always share what was going on in my head with him. I am glad you have the Pink Sisters/Kindred Spirits. We get it.

I know you are supposed to start chemo on Friday, but when you meet with your oncologist before the infusion make sure you tell him about the suggested D & C/uterine biopsy. This could cause a delay or a change in your treatment plan. Just a thought.

IRENE
  • Hippiechick58
    Hippiechick58 Member Posts: 320

Full Plate
    Hi Nancy,

When I read your post I took a deep breath and said a nasty swear word. In the last two years I have often felt that I had more than my share of bad things happening in life. I am sure you have, also. My husband was wonderfully supportive during the diagnosis and treatment process yet I could not always share what was going on in my head with him. I am glad you have the Pink Sisters/Kindred Spirits. We get it.

I know you are supposed to start chemo on Friday, but when you meet with your oncologist before the infusion make sure you tell him about the suggested D & C/uterine biopsy. This could cause a delay or a change in your treatment plan. Just a thought.

IRENE

I had the same thought about
    I had the same thought about the delay of chemo. They might want to postpone chemo till the gyn issue gets resolved. I can't say for sure, as I am not a Doctor, but it seems likely to me. When you are on chemo they usually don't want you to have any other procedures. Whatever happens, know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Be Well,
    Dianne
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    But we here have your back, dearheart!
    I'm sorry you have such a large burden to carry!

We are here for you, and for your family!

Please keep us posted on the results....

Hugs, Kathi
  • Cinkal
    Cinkal Member Posts: 161
    Sorry you have another thing
    Sorry you have another thing to worry about. This whole cancer thing is so overwhelming. I get what your saying about venting to your husband. My husband is a pilot and gone a lot and I often downplay how I am feeling emotionally and physically to him. He has so much going on the way it is. I know you have young kids as well and it is so challenging trying to keep life normal for them. My goal has been to try and not let this cancer effect their lives so much. So far I have been able to do that. I am going in for my third treatment on Thursday and am dreading it. I hear the third A/C treatment usually kicks your butt. I pray everything goes well with your procedure and first treatment.
    Positive thoughts coming your way.

Cindy
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    KathiM said:

But we here have your back, dearheart!
    I'm sorry you have such a large burden to carry!

We are here for you, and for your family!

Please keep us posted on the results....

Hugs, Kathi

Hang on...
    I agree, you should call your oncologist today and let them know what is going on....I don't believe they will want you to have any procedures done while on chemo....perhaps your oncologist and ob/gyn need to talk...
    I am so sorry you have yet something else on your plate....I understand, we all do....though it doesn't make it any easier for you...Personally, it seems like I get over one hurdle and then another is shortly to follow...even simple things...I might suggest, if you're not already taking something for anxiety, I would ask for something, pronto! I was never one to take meds like that but after the past two years, I've said "Bring it on!!!!!!!!!".

From one Nancy to another...I care, we all do...
    Wishing you the best,
    Nancy
  • roseann4
    roseann4 Member Posts: 992 Member
    Cinkal said:

Sorry you have another thing
    Sorry you have another thing to worry about. This whole cancer thing is so overwhelming. I get what your saying about venting to your husband. My husband is a pilot and gone a lot and I often downplay how I am feeling emotionally and physically to him. He has so much going on the way it is. I know you have young kids as well and it is so challenging trying to keep life normal for them. My goal has been to try and not let this cancer effect their lives so much. So far I have been able to do that. I am going in for my third treatment on Thursday and am dreading it. I hear the third A/C treatment usually kicks your butt. I pray everything goes well with your procedure and first treatment.
    Positive thoughts coming your way.

Cindy

So sorry but...
    The docs are especially careful with us and it may be nothing. One step at a time is my motto. I know it isn't easy but it will be over soon and life will get back to your new normal.

Roseann
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    @Nancy so sorry you going through this
    I did not have chemo...so I can' relate on that...but I understand feelings with family etc...
    I go every 6 mths or less for internal ultra sound followed by D & C..due to thickening of uterus..from tamox..(which I was just taken off)

I"LL be thinking of you...through all of this...

vent away anytime...

sending good thoughts your way..

Denise
  • tgf
    tgf Member Posts: 950 Member
    roseann4 said:

So sorry but...
    The docs are especially careful with us and it may be nothing. One step at a time is my motto. I know it isn't easy but it will be over soon and life will get back to your new normal.

Roseann

So sorry
    I'm so sorry all of this is hitting you at the same time. But ... you are much stronger than you think ... and you will get through this.

We are all here for you ... 24/7 ... so vent whenever you need to. We always here with our cyber hugs ... and support.

hugs.
    Teena
  • ms.sunshine
    ms.sunshine Member Posts: 707 Member

@Nancy so sorry you going through this
    I did not have chemo...so I can' relate on that...but I understand feelings with family etc...
    I go every 6 mths or less for internal ultra sound followed by D & C..due to thickening of uterus..from tamox..(which I was just taken off)

I"LL be thinking of you...through all of this...

vent away anytime...

sending good thoughts your way..

Denise

kanser
    GGGRRRRRRRR!!!!
    I hate it.

I know I spelled it wrong, but I hate it so much I won't give it the proper spelling.

Nancy wishing you the best. Take care
  • Lynn Smith
    Lynn Smith Member Posts: 1,264 Member

kanser
    GGGRRRRRRRR!!!!
    I hate it.

I know I spelled it wrong, but I hate it so much I won't give it the proper spelling.

Nancy wishing you the best. Take care

I feel like you
    I feel like you.When it rains it pours. I was just over a year from being dx and a trace of blood was found in my urine.After months of tests,X rays etc I was fine.No bladder or kidney cancer but kidney stones.Just alot going soon after I was dx.

I hope the test comes back fine and you don't have uterine cancer.Will say a prayer for you and wish for a miracle.Miracles happen.

Lynn Smith
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930

Sorry to hear that this is
    Sorry to hear that this is going on for you. I wish you well with your biopsy and hope that it amounts to nothing so that you can focus on this current treatment. Take care

Very sorry to read this. I
    Very sorry to read this. I will be praying that your biopsy will be nothing.

Hugs!
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941

I feel like you
    I feel like you.When it rains it pours. I was just over a year from being dx and a trace of blood was found in my urine.After months of tests,X rays etc I was fine.No bladder or kidney cancer but kidney stones.Just alot going soon after I was dx.

I hope the test comes back fine and you don't have uterine cancer.Will say a prayer for you and wish for a miracle.Miracles happen.

Lynn Smith

Nancy hoping your spirits
    Nancy hoping your spirits are up today. Said a prayer for you.
  • csr771
    csr771 Member Posts: 117
    DANG!
    My cousin used to talk to me about my plate being full -- too many peas rolling around all over the place. I always thought that some mashed potatoes would be helpful so at least the peas would have something to stick to! You have a lot of peas right now. Take one step at a time, one issue at a time. Sometimes we have so much going on that we think that we can't handle one more thing, but we can. You can do whatever you have to do. We are all here cheering for you and praying for the best. Get a big spoon and move those peas (chemo) to the side.
  • Lighthouse_7
    Lighthouse_7 Member Posts: 1,566 Member
    csr771 said:

DANG!
    My cousin used to talk to me about my plate being full -- too many peas rolling around all over the place. I always thought that some mashed potatoes would be helpful so at least the peas would have something to stick to! You have a lot of peas right now. Take one step at a time, one issue at a time. Sometimes we have so much going on that we think that we can't handle one more thing, but we can. You can do whatever you have to do. We are all here cheering for you and praying for the best. Get a big spoon and move those peas (chemo) to the side.

Nancy, sending prayers and
    Nancy, sending prayers and hoping for positive results.
    Also a BIG HUG!
    Wanda
  • ladyg
    ladyg Member Posts: 1,577
    Nancy
    I am so sorry to hear you have yet another thing to deal with. I will keep you in my thoughts and send you positive energy to help you through.

Hugs,
    Georgia
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    Nancy, that's alot to handle
    I'm sorry you have to deal with both of these situations.

If it's any consolation, after I had treatment for BC, I had the same biopsy done. It showed pre-cancerous cells so I had a complete hysterectomy. I'm fine now.

I pray you get passed this difficult time. We're all here for you.

Keeping you in prayer,

Sylvia
  • linpsu
    linpsu Member Posts: 747
    So sorry
    Sorry to hear of yet another roadblock in your journey. Prayers are being sent your way! Hugs, Linda