the journey is over

karenbeth
karenbeth Member Posts: 194
My husband Frank, who had ext sclc, passed this morning at around 5:25am. He had been in home hospice since March and sleeping/resting round the clock for the past few days. His breathing had been steady all night. I suddenly woke up and heard silence. At the same time the aide got up and looked at him, then called my name, and said he is going, talk to him now. I didn't get to see his last breath but I told him I loved hm and that we would always be together in spirit. He went just like that; no struggling, just peacefully.

I'm not sure when I last posted here, I have been posting in the caregiver's board. But this board has been a source of support and information for me for the past 10 months of this unbelievable experience and I thank you all.

Karen

Comments

• Glenna M
    Glenna M Member Posts: 1,576
    My deepest sympathy
    Karen, at times like this I am at a loss for words. I'm sorry just seems so insufficient, my heart goes out to you and your family.

Cherish the memories,
    Glenna
  • soccerfreaks
    soccerfreaks Member Posts: 2,788 Member
    Glenna M said:

My deepest sympathy
    Karen, at times like this I am at a loss for words. I'm sorry just seems so insufficient, my heart goes out to you and your family.

Cherish the memories,
    Glenna

My thoughts exactly
    Words simply carry no weight.

It is important that we receive news of this sad, grievous kind, because it is a reminder to the rest of us (including those of us who survive our loved ones), if we are willing to see it, that we should be exulting in all of our days, taking none of them for granted, as they are not guaranteed.

The news, still, is sad.

My sympathies, as well, karenbeth.

Take care,

Joe
  • luz del lago
    luz del lago Member Posts: 449
    Journeys...
    Dearest Karen,

I have been keeping vigil with you, all the time praying for this peace for Frank and you. I am so sorry to read of his passing and your tremendous loss.

You have shown love and compassion of the highest magnitude for him. You shall now receive the same, from family, friends and your CSN family.

I am sending you a strong hug, prayers and wishes for your healing.

My heart aches with yours,

Lucy
  • Son-In-Law
    Son-In-Law Member Posts: 6
    May His Memory Be A Blessing
    My condolences.
  • angelyn
    angelyn Member Posts: 51

May His Memory Be A Blessing
    My condolences.

Karen
    I am so sorry..... I wish there was something I could do or say.

Angie
  • mamacita5
    mamacita5 Member Posts: 254 Member
    angelyn said:

Karen
    I am so sorry..... I wish there was something I could do or say.

Angie

Karen
    So very sorry for you.
  • sissylu1
    sissylu1 Member Posts: 66 Member
    thinking of you
    My thoughts and prayers are with you...I'm very sorry for your loss.
  • mcflii
    mcflii Member Posts: 28
    sissylu1 said:

thinking of you
    My thoughts and prayers are with you...I'm very sorry for your loss.

I am so sorry to hear about
    I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your husband. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family!
    Deb
  • grannylove
    grannylove Member Posts: 183
    God's peace
    Karen,
    I am so very sorry for your loss. I pray for the peace of God to be with you and your family during this difficult time and years to come. My prayers are with you.
  • MzzKimba2002
    MzzKimba2002 Member Posts: 10
    Your Husband
    My prayers are with you Karen. I know this has been a tough road. God is looking over you. Believe that.

Linda
  • catcon49
    catcon49 Member Posts: 398

Your Husband
    My prayers are with you Karen. I know this has been a tough road. God is looking over you. Believe that.

Linda

So very sorry for your loss.
    So very sorry for your loss. I wish there was something I could say that might make this easier for you.
  • phoobear
    phoobear Member Posts: 39
    catcon49 said:

So very sorry for your loss.
    So very sorry for your loss. I wish there was something I could say that might make this easier for you.

so very sorry and sad for
    so very sorry and sad for your loss. god bless you.