Mates you know... Its FRIDAY at least here! any interesting plan for the weekend? newbies invited to

Comments

• pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member
    plh4gail said:

Ugh....of all the things to
    Ugh....of all the things to have to do while on chemo...I have to recert my ACLS. Let's see how well chemo brain works. The rest of the weekend will be a breeze. Fun with the kids :)

Gail

Get fun Gail!
    Hope not problems with after chemo, actually I been disconnected right now and going to lunch with the family and then going tho the Beach Spa Hotel.but winter is coming again,here!.
    Hugs!
  • pepebcn said:

Get fun Gail!
    Hope not problems with after chemo, actually I been disconnected right now and going to lunch with the family and then going tho the Beach Spa Hotel.but winter is coming again,here!.
    Hugs!

This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • unknown said:

• Nana b
    Nana b Member Posts: 3,030 Member
    unknown said:

Brunch at my Mom's on
    Brunch at my Mom's on Sunday, then an Easter Egg Hunt at my house.
  • thingy45
    thingy45 Member Posts: 632 Member
    pepebcn said:

First of all beg your pardon about your awesome turkeys but...
    you live in Canada so you must know about French taste, and I live 60 miles away from France ,even our language Catalan,is closer to the French than to the Spanish so we got similar tastes ! you know we like smaller things here ,even I recognize they can be disgusting somewhere in America
    You know petit escargots,petit lápin ,petit poulette, and petit sparrows ,despite we let it for the crazy French , they drown them in wine and it seems they are delicious! hahaha! Again beg the pardon to your turkeys I didn't want to offend them ,and less to got an international conflict for that! and less with one of my most appreciated mates in the board ! So I promise if I got the chance I will try an American ostrich some time! ...ohh sorry mean turkey! .
    Hahaha!.
    Not in the car yet I'm going to be disconnected in the morning and then to the Spa!.
    Love you Anne!

I am a newby, and enjoyed
    I am a newby, and enjoyed reading al this about the Turkey. Dutch born and educated, I also had to learn the Turkey bid here in Canada. I personally I prefer the Italian and french quisine and ofcourse our Indonesian Rice table. BUT... Hollidays is Turkey and ham. Turkeys come in all sizes even smoked in a roll. Bacon and lots of butter on the inside and outside will keep then tender. And yes they are often the size of a Ostrich. LOL
    Yes pepebcn I also am a soccerfan and noticed the debacle with the Trophy, sad but also so funny.
    Eastermonday is my operation to remove my blokkage high left in de thecolon. It will be good to know this little Turkey is out of me. (lol) sorry i could not resist.
    I wish everybody a Blessed Easter and many more to come.
    You all have been such a blessing to me allready.
    Hugs, Marjan
  • thingy45
    thingy45 Member Posts: 632 Member
    unknown said:

Hi Gracie,
    My boyfriend

Hi Gracie,
    My boyfriend hunts, so his freezer is full of elk meat, Bison, Deer,Moose and ofcourse a lot of salmon and other fish etc. Bison meat is delicious. I always try everything what life has to offer onces. Sounds funny now I am dx with Cancer. But I am know for a wierd sense of Humor.
    Love to you all.
    Marjan
  • pepebcn
    unknown said:

Hi graci thanks for sharing such a fun story, !
    LOL does mick had any other skill? LOL.
    Hugs!
  • pepebcn
    Nana b said:

Brunch at my Mom's on
    Brunch at my Mom's on Sunday, then an Easter Egg Hunt at my house.

good plan Raquel!
    hugs!
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    thingy45 said:

I am a newby, and enjoyed
    I am a newby, and enjoyed reading al this about the Turkey. Dutch born and educated, I also had to learn the Turkey bid here in Canada. I personally I prefer the Italian and french quisine and ofcourse our Indonesian Rice table. BUT... Hollidays is Turkey and ham. Turkeys come in all sizes even smoked in a roll. Bacon and lots of butter on the inside and outside will keep then tender. And yes they are often the size of a Ostrich. LOL
    Yes pepebcn I also am a soccerfan and noticed the debacle with the Trophy, sad but also so funny.
    Eastermonday is my operation to remove my blokkage high left in de thecolon. It will be good to know this little Turkey is out of me. (lol) sorry i could not resist.
    I wish everybody a Blessed Easter and many more to come.
    You all have been such a blessing to me allready.
    Hugs, Marjan

Marjan
    Pepe has been making fun of our large North American turkeys for awhile - I guess since Thanksgiving. Now he has finally agreed to come try one - progress!
  • pepebcn
    AnneCan said:

Marjan
    Pepe has been making fun of our large North American turkeys for awhile - I guess since Thanksgiving. Now he has finally agreed to come try one - progress!

Hahahaha! Do you remember the halibut war Anne? you where
    shooting our fishing factory ships and we had to send a kind of task force with some frigates! I don't want it becomes the turkkeys war ll haha!
    Marjan good luck I'm sure everything is gonna be find I send you my best vibes and prayers from here!.
    Hugs!
  • jjaj133
    jjaj133 Member Posts: 867 Member
    unknown said:

Graci, that was too cute.
    Graci, that was too cute. Thanks for sharing!!!
    Judy
  • abrub
    abrub Member Posts: 2,174 Member

Catholic
    Yup consider myself a devote Catholic. We go to every Holy day mass and fast and abstain from meat on Fridays during Lent. Say Novenas everyday for people on the board.

My children and grandchildren are wonderful. They will love the Easter bunny.

That is too funny you thinking about my turkey LOL. Yup I'm the one with the 24 lbs bird. Always remember you saying you could never get one that big in your oven. I'd be lost if all my kids had to eat a 10 lbs turkey LOL.

I'm Polish so we are making keilbasa and saurkraut for our Easter contribution at daughters dinner. Hate the saurkraut but we are making keilbasa later on Easter for our dinner without the saurkraut.

Happy Easter my friend. Thanks for thinking of me.

Hugs! Kim

Our Thanksgiving Turkey
    My mother always ordered the biggest turkey she could get from a local turkey farm - usually 30-35 pounds (about 15kg). Always fresh, always tender. It was a major step for each of us when we (and then our children) grew bigger than the turkey. And whoever had the drumstick was paid $5 if they could finish it!

My parents had a commercial stove, so that the monster bird could fit in!

Happy Easter, all! We celebrate Passover (Pacques Juives).

Happy Spring.
    Alice
  • pepebcn
    abrub said:

Our Thanksgiving Turkey
    My mother always ordered the biggest turkey she could get from a local turkey farm - usually 30-35 pounds (about 15kg). Always fresh, always tender. It was a major step for each of us when we (and then our children) grew bigger than the turkey. And whoever had the drumstick was paid $5 if they could finish it!

My parents had a commercial stove, so that the monster bird could fit in!

Happy Easter, all! We celebrate Passover (Pacques Juives).

Happy Spring.
    Alice

Alicia! that's huge!
    but you know here not used to. Ask you Spanish friend!lol.
    Bonnes pascques !
  • LivinginNH
    LivinginNH Member Posts: 1,456 Member
    Rick and I have been in
    Rick and I have been in Washington DC all week with his kids, so we're flying back home tomorrow morning. It was a nice week overall, but my poor feet will be happy that we're going home! ;-) And I just now remembered that we need to make up baskets for the Easter Bunny - what are my chances of finding chocolate goodies at this late date?? Oh well... Happy Easter everyone, Cynthia
  • pepebcn

Rick and I have been in
    Rick and I have been in Washington DC all week with his kids, so we're flying back home tomorrow morning. It was a nice week overall, but my poor feet will be happy that we're going home! ;-) And I just now remembered that we need to make up baskets for the Easter Bunny - what are my chances of finding chocolate goodies at this late date?? Oh well... Happy Easter everyone, Cynthia

Hi cynthia ,lol. you stll got some chances im sure!
    How is rick doing? how is the model? finished?.Love to see some pic!
    Hugs and happy easter !
  • LivinginNH
    LivinginNH Member Posts: 1,456 Member
    pepebcn said:

Hi cynthia ,lol. you stll got some chances im sure!
    How is rick doing? how is the model? finished?.Love to see some pic!
    Hugs and happy easter !

Hi Pepe, thank you for
    Hi Pepe, thank you for asking - he is feeling great right now, which is why we thought a trip with the kids would be good. He has scans on May 9, and will see his once and HIPEC surgeon on the 11th. We're praying the the three spots that showed up on the last scans are simply scar tissue. The fact that he's feeling so good has us encouraged. He's still working on the boat model, but the sails are almost up. :-) He just told me that he'll send you a pic when it's complete. Hugs, Cynthia
  • geotina
    geotina Member Posts: 2,111 Member
    Lets see ---
    Tonight, lounging around. Saturday, doing a little prep for dishes taking to Easter dinner. Sunday, Easter dinner at George's niece's home. George is Orthodox and this year Orthodox (Greek) Easter falls on the same Sunday, so she is hosting. Should be some lovely lamb, spinach pie and a ham thrown in.

Daughter not coming into town though (sigh). She was here last week and stayed for 5 days so she could attend her great aunt's funeral and spend a few extra days with Dad.

Take care - Tina

Pepe - I'm still trying to map out my section of the community garden, George just laughts and says have fun. Turns out a little larger than I was thinking, 24' x 24' but should be nicely productive. Turns out my nephew has 2 spots near me, he is doing 48' x 48'.
  • pepebcn

Hi Pepe, thank you for
    Hi Pepe, thank you for asking - he is feeling great right now, which is why we thought a trip with the kids would be good. He has scans on May 9, and will see his once and HIPEC surgeon on the 11th. We're praying the the three spots that showed up on the last scans are simply scar tissue. The fact that he's feeling so good has us encouraged. He's still working on the boat model, but the sails are almost up. :-) He just told me that he'll send you a pic when it's complete. Hugs, Cynthia

Great Cynthia , best regard to him I'm looking foreword to see
    the boat ready ! .
    Pray for good results on it's scans!.
    Hugs!
  • pepebcn
    geotina said:

Lets see ---
    Tonight, lounging around. Saturday, doing a little prep for dishes taking to Easter dinner. Sunday, Easter dinner at George's niece's home. George is Orthodox and this year Orthodox (Greek) Easter falls on the same Sunday, so she is hosting. Should be some lovely lamb, spinach pie and a ham thrown in.

Daughter not coming into town though (sigh). She was here last week and stayed for 5 days so she could attend her great aunt's funeral and spend a few extra days with Dad.

Take care - Tina

Pepe - I'm still trying to map out my section of the community garden, George just laughts and says have fun. Turns out a little larger than I was thinking, 24' x 24' but should be nicely productive. Turns out my nephew has 2 spots near me, he is doing 48' x 48'.

Hahaha! good humor sense Tina!
    I see you got a bussy gastronomic weekend this lab sound great and yummy!.
    Enjoy it!
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    pepebcn said:

Hahahaha! Do you remember the halibut war Anne? you where
    shooting our fishing factory ships and we had to send a kind of task force with some frigates! I don't want it becomes the turkkeys war ll haha!
    Marjan good luck I'm sure everything is gonna be find I send you my best vibes and prayers from here!.
    Hugs!

Pepe
    I don't remember a halibut war. Who shot at your fishing ships? By the way, I could never be at war with you!