DanaM

Thank you for the words you wrote. You are very strong in your faith, and I feel the love you have in the words you write. I want so bad to get past this angry stage at him, but I feel "stuck" I just want to feel his peace again, and know it will come, but "feel" like I need to blame someone, which it should NOT be my almighty one, but it seems easier to blame him, if that makes sense!! I have been thinking about the book of JOB, and he remained so steadfast in his love, and lost everything, it makes me angry at myself! I just wanted to let you know, that letter to me, means so much, I have printed it off, and have re-read it many times. Thank you for being so unselfish with your own trials right now, to give me such an inspiring message. Sorry to ramble on.

Comments

• cher76
    cher76 Member Posts: 292
    Chrissie,
    When this happened

Chrissie,
    When this happened to our family, my sister(who has gone through great trials of her own) gave me a wonderful book called "When Bad Things Happen to Good People" It is written by Harold S. Kushner. Perhaps you might want to read it. It has been a great help to me. I have never really been angry at God for our situation, I just kept questioning Him though "...why us? We have lived our lives as good, faithful people. What did we do to deserve this?" This booked has helped me to see past that. I definitely recommend it.
    Cheryl
  • sal314
    sal314 Member Posts: 599 Member
    cher76 said:

Chrissie,
    When this happened

Chrissie,
    When this happened to our family, my sister(who has gone through great trials of her own) gave me a wonderful book called "When Bad Things Happen to Good People" It is written by Harold S. Kushner. Perhaps you might want to read it. It has been a great help to me. I have never really been angry at God for our situation, I just kept questioning Him though "...why us? We have lived our lives as good, faithful people. What did we do to deserve this?" This booked has helped me to see past that. I definitely recommend it.
    Cheryl

It is A Good Book!
    I agree with Chrissie. It is a helpful book.

Perspective is everything. I never asked "why us"...rather "why not us"? We live in a fallen world. Things are not as God intended them to be. As a result, illness, evil and bad things happen to all people. Most everyone is a "good" person. The trouble is, none of us are "good enough." That's why Christ came and died for us. None of us "deserve" the heartache that illness and hardship and life bring to all at one time or another. But God promises to redeem the world and make it as he intended one day. You must continue to have faith, be still, and remember God is still in control. He has a plan for all of us. A plan to prosper us and not to harm us. A plan to give us hope and a future!!

In the meantime...it's OK to be angry. It's OK to tell God how you feel. He's a big boy and can take it! He understands!! And He is the only one that can heal your heart and bring you "peace that surpasses human understanding."

Blessings,
    Sally
  • chrissiebass
    chrissiebass Member Posts: 56
    sal314 said:

It is A Good Book!
    I agree with Chrissie. It is a helpful book.

Perspective is everything. I never asked "why us"...rather "why not us"? We live in a fallen world. Things are not as God intended them to be. As a result, illness, evil and bad things happen to all people. Most everyone is a "good" person. The trouble is, none of us are "good enough." That's why Christ came and died for us. None of us "deserve" the heartache that illness and hardship and life bring to all at one time or another. But God promises to redeem the world and make it as he intended one day. You must continue to have faith, be still, and remember God is still in control. He has a plan for all of us. A plan to prosper us and not to harm us. A plan to give us hope and a future!!

In the meantime...it's OK to be angry. It's OK to tell God how you feel. He's a big boy and can take it! He understands!! And He is the only one that can heal your heart and bring you "peace that surpasses human understanding."

Blessings,
    Sally

thank you
    Thanks, I will look into this book today.