Biopsy Results.

jjaj133
jjaj133 Member Posts: 867 Member
Ok, here I go again. I tested positive and will be having another resection followed by chemo.
I just got off of the phone, so i am still processing. Brief history, I was diagnosed 2004 with a maligant growth in colon. Had a colon resection and had 5 years 2 months clear. Then it came back in the liver. I had 1/3 of liver taken out, chemo before and after.
Last chemo was Feb 2010. Developed pain on right side. I thought it was the hernia. My blood test was perfect. One more CT for the road. And here I am again. Or I should say. here IT is again. Back in the liver. other side, on the edge. so i am lucky, it is early and not in the middle somewhere. of course every time they go in, they find more. So its anyones guess.
My trip to Italy with my grandaughter has to be cancelled. I know that is a small thing, but I was so excited to share this with her. Its a school trip so it won't be repeated.
sorry i am rambling. so i am going to stop now. I know i put, extra fight, extra willpower and extra faith in a drawer somewhere, I gotta go find them ; )
Judy

Comments

• AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    Judy
    I am really sorry to hear this. but glad it is in a re-sectable place. I am sorry about the trip to Italy with your grandaughter. HUGS to you.
  • jjaj133
    AnneCan said:

Judy
    I am really sorry to hear this. but glad it is in a re-sectable place. I am sorry about the trip to Italy with your grandaughter. HUGS to you.

Thank you.

Thank you.
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member
    jjaj133 said:

Thank you.

Thank you.

Hi Judy , news are not good BUT... to be operable is a big
    console,also as discussed with my docs a longer time between recurrences more chances of cure! So that's the good thing.
    Hugs and sending good vibes!
  • jjaj133
    pepebcn said:

Hi Judy , news are not good BUT... to be operable is a big
    console,also as discussed with my docs a longer time between recurrences more chances of cure! So that's the good thing.
    Hugs and sending good vibes!

Thank you,your words are
    Thank you,your words are comforting.
    Hugs to you too.
  • jjaj133 said:

Thank you,your words are
    Thank you,your words are comforting.
    Hugs to you too.

This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • jjaj133
    unknown said:

This comment has been removed by the Moderator

Thank you Graci, I will.
    All

Thank you Graci, I will.
    All that we go through and it still keeps coming back. Too bad we can't figure out how to use it for something good.
    Hugs to you, my friend.
    Judy
  • Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392 Member
    Hi Judy
    First, I wanted to congratulate on a milestone - 5 years and 2 months clear. You made the medical, clinical definition of NED - five years with no recurrence.

Your post tells me what I've been thinking for many years, and years before I got to the board. That no matter how much time passes, we are always susceptible for a RECURRENCE. It is always where the real battle of Cancer is fought and ultimately won or lost.

I've had 3 recurrences, over seven years of actively fighting, so I understand to some degree how you must be feeling. That's a real blow to get news like this again.

The fact that the tumor is at the tail end of the liver is good, another resection or perhaps RFA can take care of that. That's a good sign.

I'm sorry about your trip to Italy with your daughter. Cancer robs so much of us and dictates to a certain extent what we can and cannot do. I know you're disappointed, but right now there is a higher calling for you - and that's to get well, so there will be other trips to take with her.

Obviously, you are not new to Cancer, so I feel that you know what's up the road and what you're in for. Of course, it will not be easy, but there will be rest stops along the way to regenerat your soul and spirit - and this will get you through.

I'm pulling for you - and Big Billy is too, LOL:)

Thanks for stopping in on the post the other day.

We're here if you need us.

-Craig
  • idlehunters
    idlehunters Member Posts: 1,787 Member
    Sundanceh said:

Hi Judy
    First, I wanted to congratulate on a milestone - 5 years and 2 months clear. You made the medical, clinical definition of NED - five years with no recurrence.

Your post tells me what I've been thinking for many years, and years before I got to the board. That no matter how much time passes, we are always susceptible for a RECURRENCE. It is always where the real battle of Cancer is fought and ultimately won or lost.

I've had 3 recurrences, over seven years of actively fighting, so I understand to some degree how you must be feeling. That's a real blow to get news like this again.

The fact that the tumor is at the tail end of the liver is good, another resection or perhaps RFA can take care of that. That's a good sign.

I'm sorry about your trip to Italy with your daughter. Cancer robs so much of us and dictates to a certain extent what we can and cannot do. I know you're disappointed, but right now there is a higher calling for you - and that's to get well, so there will be other trips to take with her.

Obviously, you are not new to Cancer, so I feel that you know what's up the road and what you're in for. Of course, it will not be easy, but there will be rest stops along the way to regenerat your soul and spirit - and this will get you through.

I'm pulling for you - and Big Billy is too, LOL:)

Thanks for stopping in on the post the other day.

We're here if you need us.

-Craig

Judy...Judy...Judy..
    You need to Take a good look in that drawer of "extra's" .... new ones have been thrown in there.... You now have Extra Support...extra friends...extra love ... and a whole new extra family!!!!!! Cancer thought you were tough before?????? sheesh.... you gonna kick butt girlfriend!!!! .... and THAT is the name of that tune.... :) You take care

Jennie
  • Buzzard
    Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member

Judy...Judy...Judy..
    You need to Take a good look in that drawer of "extra's" .... new ones have been thrown in there.... You now have Extra Support...extra friends...extra love ... and a whole new extra family!!!!!! Cancer thought you were tough before?????? sheesh.... you gonna kick butt girlfriend!!!! .... and THAT is the name of that tune.... :) You take care

Jennie

Well said Jennie...............
    Judy...ditto what she said...also being on the end is at least something good out of something bad...quick fix, recoup, then back to "normal" again...good as new.......Love to ya ....buzz
  • jjaj133

Judy...Judy...Judy..

Jennie

Craig, Jenny & everyone
    Craig, Jenny & everyone else. I am so touched by your responses. Thank you, Thank you.
    It does make a difference talking with people that "get it".
    Someone else said , " i have support and family, but I still feel alone". I understood what she said. That is how I felt, I don't anymore.
    With your help, we will kick this disease back where it belongs, to the bowels of hell. So it will leave our bowels alone!!!! bahahahahaha!(sorry, I couldn't help it)
  • Buzzard
    Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member
    jjaj133 said:

Craig, Jenny & everyone
    Craig, Jenny & everyone else. I am so touched by your responses. Thank you, Thank you.
    It does make a difference talking with people that "get it".
    Someone else said , " i have support and family, but I still feel alone". I understood what she said. That is how I felt, I don't anymore.
    With your help, we will kick this disease back where it belongs, to the bowels of hell. So it will leave our bowels alone!!!! bahahahahaha!(sorry, I couldn't help it)

sounds like your a HOOT....!!!
    I bet you enjoy yourself no matter where you are...You seem very outgoing and full of it !!!
    LOL, We'll have fun watching cancer get the chit kicked out of it...it deserves everything it gets.....( the Bahahaha gave it away) that's what someone with a mission comes up with..seems to me that your on a mission now...Then you said something about drawers and thats when I just quit listening altogether.........

J/K, get a smile on then the game face and lets get this over and done with...K ???....Good deal, love to ya, buzz
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    so sorry
    No, trip was NOT a small thing. It's something you and your granddaughter looked forward to, and I HATE that you can't go. I also hate that you're facing the beast again. I'll be praying for a quick fix on this one.

*hugs*
    Gail
  • jjaj133
    Buzzard said:

sounds like your a HOOT....!!!
    I bet you enjoy yourself no matter where you are...You seem very outgoing and full of it !!!
    LOL, We'll have fun watching cancer get the chit kicked out of it...it deserves everything it gets.....( the Bahahaha gave it away) that's what someone with a mission comes up with..seems to me that your on a mission now...Then you said something about drawers and thats when I just quit listening altogether.........

J/K, get a smile on then the game face and lets get this over and done with...K ???....Good deal, love to ya, buzz

Oh Buzz, I meant bureau
    Oh Buzz, I meant bureau drawers!!!! I am cracking up here. Your right I am on a mission, I have an army behind me!!
    Love back atcha
  • jjaj133
    tootsie1 said:

so sorry
    No, trip was NOT a small thing. It's something you and your granddaughter looked forward to, and I HATE that you can't go. I also hate that you're facing the beast again. I'll be praying for a quick fix on this one.

*hugs*
    Gail

Thanks so much Gail. I truly
    Thanks so much Gail. I truly feel the warmth of all here.
    Judy