Oncologists this am (2 of them)

disneyfan2008
disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
Was taken off tamox just about month ago due to side effects of med! (bleeding well after menoupause) MY hormone levels were rechecked and for sure past meno...yet recenlty..past 3 mths of so had some bleeding (like period)

MY one Dr out sick today (the day she was going to prescibe a new med) so I saw a Dr I have never met-she called my dr (who was out sick) said to wait another month since still slight bleeding and have more blood work and yet ANOTHER Interanl Ultrasound (this will be 3rd one in less then a year) the first 2 were both followed by D & C! so I am guessing this time too-due to thickening of uterus.

Then I got down couple floors to radiologist oncologist and yet another DR I have never met before. So it's just the waiting game I think...

I am thinking just take it out buy my gyno said prior NO reason to do that!

Denise

just rambling...sorry

Comments

• gagee
    gagee Member Posts: 332
    So sorry you are having a
    So sorry you are having a bad time. Just know there are a lot of people pulling for you. My Prayers and thoughts are with you. Diana
  • BioAdoptMom
    BioAdoptMom Member Posts: 358
    You certainly have seen your
    You certainly have seen your share of doctors today!

I have the same issues off and on with a thickened uterus. I also have PCOS so Tamoxifen may not be the best thing for me either. My GYN actually mentioned the possibility of having everything removed when I was there last week, said it was just something to think about. I had an ultrasound yesterday so we'll see what it shows. In the meantime, good luck and please keep us posted.

Nancy
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    gagee said:

So sorry you are having a
    So sorry you are having a bad time. Just know there are a lot of people pulling for you. My Prayers and thoughts are with you. Diana

Praying for you Denise and
    Praying for you Denise and sending big hugs!

Diane
  • disneyfan2008

You certainly have seen your
    You certainly have seen your share of doctors today!

I have the same issues off and on with a thickened uterus. I also have PCOS so Tamoxifen may not be the best thing for me either. My GYN actually mentioned the possibility of having everything removed when I was there last week, said it was just something to think about. I had an ultrasound yesterday so we'll see what it shows. In the meantime, good luck and please keep us posted.

Nancy

Nancy:
    i KIND OF ASKED MY gyno about having everything removed and he said NO need...no reason

but since still mild bleeding after month off tamox..and MY dr NOT IN..to see me...she is having me wait for month again for more blood work..

just the waiting game..so right now I am not on any meds for BC...

Denise
  • disneyfan2008
    Thursday I call my gyno
    He was contacting oncologist/gyno to get yet another opinion of what to do! I HOPE something comes of this very soon...
  • butterflylvr
    butterflylvr Member Posts: 944

Thursday I call my gyno
    He was contacting oncologist/gyno to get yet another opinion of what to do! I HOPE something comes of this very soon...

You my dear have been put
    You my dear have been put through hell. Wow.. I hope you at least can find some comfort in knowing we are all sitting here waiting with you.

{{{Hugs}}}
    Lorrie
  • disneyfan2008

You my dear have been put
    You my dear have been put through hell. Wow.. I hope you at least can find some comfort in knowing we are all sitting here waiting with you.

{{{Hugs}}}
    Lorrie

Lorrie:
    Thanks...just the waiting game...

Hard thing is my job is receptionist...so can't talk at my desk..(personal /dr etc) IF HE calls me then I can't forward my calls. IF I call him (have someone cover my desk for a bit) and he is not available he'll call me back and then in same boat...

ONLY TIME I CAN try is lunch hour on my cell IF HE IS FREE!...

Few more days I"ll know..unless he got in contact wtih onoclo/gyno prior and calls me..which would be nice day or two early!

Denise
  • disneyfan2008

Lorrie:
    Thanks...just the waiting game...

Hard thing is my job is receptionist...so can't talk at my desk..(personal /dr etc) IF HE calls me then I can't forward my calls. IF I call him (have someone cover my desk for a bit) and he is not available he'll call me back and then in same boat...

ONLY TIME I CAN try is lunch hour on my cell IF HE IS FREE!...

Few more days I"ll know..unless he got in contact wtih onoclo/gyno prior and calls me..which would be nice day or two early!

Denise

waiting game a bit longer
    NOW I know I must have hysterectomy & I find out Monday when surgery will be..I was it asap...

Denise