I just heard from Raquel...nanab

plh4gail
plh4gail Member Posts: 1,238 Member
I just heard from Raquel and she asked me to share a couple of things...... Raquel had shared with us earlier how her grandmother lived to the remarkable age of 101 and was nearing her time to go. Her grandmother just passed away. ..... And also, minutes before she told me about her grandmother, Raquel shared the wonderful relults of her recent CT.....all clear and cancer free!

Raquel I'm so sorry for your families loss of such a wonderful family member. Although the wonderful news of your clear CT collided with the day of sadness, I would like to think grandma held on to know this and give you a strength and comfort with the special care and love a grandmother gives.

Love and hugs my friend and buddy, Gail

Comments

• pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member
    Feel sorry for the the loss .Have my deepest condolences Raquel.
    But in the other hand I feel really happy for your results! .
    Congratulations for that Raquel!
  • smokeyjoe
    smokeyjoe Member Posts: 1,425 Member
    pepebcn said:

Feel sorry for the the loss .Have my deepest condolences Raquel.
    But in the other hand I feel really happy for your results! .
    Congratulations for that Raquel!

Bittersweet day for her.

Bittersweet day for her.
  • LivinginNH
    LivinginNH Member Posts: 1,456 Member
    Yes, a bittersweet day it is

Yes, a bittersweet day it is for Raquel. My condolences on your loss dear. And I'm so glad that your CT scan looks good, so nice to hear. Take care, Cynthia
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Grandmother
    How sad that her grandmother passed but it sounds like she had a good life. Congratulations on the scan.

Kim
  • Lovekitties
    Lovekitties Member Posts: 3,364 Member
    Thanks Gail
    for posting the news.

Dear Raquel, so sorry to hear of your grandmother's passing. She was blessed to have a long life and to be able to enjoy her family.

I am glad to hear that your recent scan was AOK! Great news is always a plus.

Hugs,

Marie who loves kitties
  • Fight for my love
    Fight for my love Member Posts: 1,522 Member
    Raquel,I am so sorry for
    Raquel,I am so sorry for your loss.I am glad for your clear scan.
  • lizzydavis
    lizzydavis Member Posts: 893

Raquel,I am so sorry for
    Raquel,I am so sorry for your loss.I am glad for your clear scan.

Hi Raquel,
    I am sending special thoughts and prayers your way.

Hugs,
    Lizzy
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    Raquel
    Thanks, Gail, for posting this.

Raquel- I'm really sorry to hear about the passing of your grandma. She obviously lived a nice long life, but I know it's always hard to say goodbye and it would feel like a loss, no matter what the person's age is/was.

About your scan... I told you I had a good feeling about it- yeehah!!

Hugs to you my friend,
    Lisa
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    Raquel
    I am sorry to hear your grandmother passed. And I am happy to hear your scan was clear.

Thanks, Gail.
  • Buzzard
    Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member
    AnneCan said:

Raquel
    I am sorry to hear your grandmother passed. And I am happy to hear your scan was clear.

Thanks, Gail.

Nanab
    101, I can only imagine.......what stories Im sure she passed on to her children and grandchildren and Great Grandchildren. What traditions she passed on to all of you. What longevity in life she passed on as well......You will be the recipient of all of her qualities as it shows already in you acts of kindness and zest for life. Celebrate that she is with her creator and is certainly looking down on all of you with a gentle smile knowing that she has completed her task with all of you, her family, and certainly did an excellent job in doing so... may she be at rest and peace and your CT Scan, well all I can say is it is well deserved and I am so very happy that that burden is not to bear for you as well....
  • wolfen
    wolfen Member Posts: 1,324 Member
    Buzzard said:

Nanab
    101, I can only imagine.......what stories Im sure she passed on to her children and grandchildren and Great Grandchildren. What traditions she passed on to all of you. What longevity in life she passed on as well......You will be the recipient of all of her qualities as it shows already in you acts of kindness and zest for life. Celebrate that she is with her creator and is certainly looking down on all of you with a gentle smile knowing that she has completed her task with all of you, her family, and certainly did an excellent job in doing so... may she be at rest and peace and your CT Scan, well all I can say is it is well deserved and I am so very happy that that burden is not to bear for you as well....

Gail, Thank You
    For letting us know.

Raquel,

So sorry to hear about your grandmother. She must have loved you very much.

Take Care,

Wolfen
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Oh, dear
    Oh, such a mix of emotions! It's wonderful that she got the all clear, but I sure am sorry about her grandmother.

Thanks for letting us know!

*hugs*
    Gail
  • Nana b
    Nana b Member Posts: 3,030 Member
    tootsie1 said:

Oh, dear
    Oh, such a mix of emotions! It's wonderful that she got the all clear, but I sure am sorry about her grandmother.

Thanks for letting us know!

*hugs*
    Gail

Thank you everyone. Despite
    Thank you everyone. Despite all my grandmothers hardships, she carried on like a true warrior. She gave birth to 15 kids, lost 4 to an illness all at a very young age, she raised her sister's 5 kids after she was brutally killed. She took my Mom in with her 8 kids, for 5 years. Never complained a day in her life, she had so much love and she loved hugs so very much!! She would take you in her arms and never let you go. RIP Nana!

Thank you and I am very happy about my scans.

Hugs! Raquel

Nice hairdo Gail!! Love it Buddy!
  • herdizziness
    herdizziness Member Posts: 3,624 Member
    How Wonderful
    Just wonderful to have your grandmother live such a long life. Indeed it doesn't sound like it was an easy life, but rather hard and harsh at times, but one I'm sure that she felt largely rewarded, especially with grandchildren such you and your beautiful daughters, her great grandchildren, and I'm sure her grandchildren, and great grandchildren brought her joy all those years. Yes, I know it's sad to say goodbye, especially when you have had all those years to spend with her, but how much richer you must feel Raquel, for having had her love and care for you for so long and you for her. And how wonderful for her to know you were at last cancer free!!!
    Thinking of you,
    winter Marie