sorry need to vent

j2twin
j2twin Member Posts: 28
I don't usually post just drop by now and then. Still coming to grips with this and one year anniversery is scary. Keep asking myself did I make the right choices. May be losing my job because of a mistake. Not sure because some people get fired and some written up. have not been sleeping. been there 24 years. So if I lose my job do let them know I have breast cancer or not. Would the health insurance cover it. With everything going on my twin had to go for a byopsy waiting results really hope its not breast cancer. One of us having it is enough. My sister tells me I didn't do anything wrong I just made a mistake. dose not help with being scared and the fact I can't trust my boss. Just needed some place to talk. thanks

Comments

• skipper54
    skipper54 Member Posts: 936 Member
    Prayers
    Prayers for peace. Hang in there sister. Everything will work out
  • j2twin
    skipper54 said:

Prayers
    Prayers for peace. Hang in there sister. Everything will work out

Thanks being logical when
    Thanks being logical when your feeling down is hard.
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    so sorry so worried...
    So you still have your job now? right? I think you'd have to use Cobra to be covered...but I am not sure...AT my job they have let people go recently and some LONG term...17 yrs etc..(one i know had BC same time as me) so hard with her and medical etc!...

I"LL be checking back to see how things are going!! What mistake do you think you made?

YES IT Must be terrible not trusting your boss...

Denise
  • laughs_a_lot
    laughs_a_lot Member Posts: 1,368 Member
    Boss knowing
    My original plan was to not tell my boss. I was going to have a lumpectomy and go back to work 3rd shift that same night. However, when 2 lymph nodes were involved they decided to keep me in the hospital overnight. I had to call in. I knew I would be off work for at least a week because of the drain they put in. So I called my boss the next day and told him I had bc. Be sure you apply for FMLA right away if you have to be out of work for a while> If the company has more than 50 employees they cannot hold your need for leave against you even if they have an attendance policy. I do think if you get canned you can keep your insurance through COBRA but of course the premium will be very costly because you will also pay the portion that the employer pays as well as your own portion. Be sure you pay the premium on time. I hate the idea that at this time in the economy employers feel they have the upper hand on every issue.
  • j2twin

Boss knowing
    My original plan was to not tell my boss. I was going to have a lumpectomy and go back to work 3rd shift that same night. However, when 2 lymph nodes were involved they decided to keep me in the hospital overnight. I had to call in. I knew I would be off work for at least a week because of the drain they put in. So I called my boss the next day and told him I had bc. Be sure you apply for FMLA right away if you have to be out of work for a while> If the company has more than 50 employees they cannot hold your need for leave against you even if they have an attendance policy. I do think if you get canned you can keep your insurance through COBRA but of course the premium will be very costly because you will also pay the portion that the employer pays as well as your own portion. Be sure you pay the premium on time. I hate the idea that at this time in the economy employers feel they have the upper hand on every issue.

basically we are not
    basically we are not supposed to step pass a boundry as long as it is not on video my boss will not say anything. problem is my boss uses it if he wants to get rid of people.
  • Lighthouse_7
    Lighthouse_7 Member Posts: 1,566 Member
    j2twin said:

basically we are not
    basically we are not supposed to step pass a boundry as long as it is not on video my boss will not say anything. problem is my boss uses it if he wants to get rid of people.

I'm confused. It's your 1
    I'm confused. It's your 1 year anniversary. You never told anyone at work about your bc. Did you work straight through treatment?
    One of your questions was, should I tell them that I have bc.
    After all the years that you've been there why can't you trust your boss? Is he/she new?

The boundry thing is also confusing to me.

I wish you the best of luck.
  • BioAdoptMom
    BioAdoptMom Member Posts: 358
    I am so sorry you are going
    I am so sorry you are going through all of this. It seems like when it rains it pours! Please know we are here for you and you can vent all you want. (((HUGS))) to you and prayers for you!

Nancy