Skin rash

chinup
chinup Member Posts: 4
Has anyone experienced a skin rash with chemo? I've been through 4 rounds of a/c and mine started gradually on my arms and chest as little red dots that were tender to the touch. They have gotten somewhat better but my legs are now COVERED in a bright red rash that seems to have become predominant after my first taxol treatment. My doctor doesn't seem to think it's related to the hair follicles and just sort of shrugs her shoulders. Any suggestions?

Comments

• tgf
    tgf Member Posts: 950 Member
    Yep!
    A few days after my 2nd taxol infusion ... the tops of my hands turned bright red ... itched and burned like heck. I also had a rash on my upper back. My oncologist sent me to a dermatologis who gave me some creams/ointments to put on the rashes ... and they went away.

Good luck.

hugs.
    teena
  • Heatherbelle
    Heatherbelle Member Posts: 1,226 Member
    tgf said:

Yep!
    A few days after my 2nd taxol infusion ... the tops of my hands turned bright red ... itched and burned like heck. I also had a rash on my upper back. My oncologist sent me to a dermatologis who gave me some creams/ointments to put on the rashes ... and they went away.

Good luck.

hugs.
    teena

I got hand & feet rashes
    I got hand & feet rashes from taxotere, but nothing when i was on A/C. I had to have steroids for it.
    *hugs*
    Heather
  • renee616
    renee616 Member Posts: 181

I got hand & feet rashes
    I got hand & feet rashes from taxotere, but nothing when i was on A/C. I had to have steroids for it.
    *hugs*
    Heather

taxotere rash
    Hi, I had a side effect after first round of taxotere. My Dr said I might get a red rash, blisters on hands and feet. I got it between my index finger & thumb & in between some fingers. I used aquaphor. Today when I went for my second round of taxotere which would have been my 6th of 8 rounds of chemo, The Dr said because of the reaction, he wanted to postpone my treatment another week to give me more time to heal, rather than reduce it, becauce if I took it, the symptoms would be compounded! He also wants to do the remaining two 4 weeks apart instead of my usual three. I was alittle disapointed not to get number 6 done, but he said it would be too hard on me.
    Renee
  • Katmy
    Katmy Member Posts: 93
    I get a rash on my entire
    I get a rash on my entire head 3 days after Taxotere. It looks gross, but the ER doctor told me it was normal and my Onc told me it is normal. My rash did not go away this 2nd infusion. It starts out as painful and then changes over to itching. My Onc thinks it causes folliculitis and gave me an antibacterial cream for my head. It is better, but the rash stays. I do not take Taxol.

Maybe go to an official Taxol web site and read all the SE information. And reviewing several sites is useful. Some cover SE differently.

Hope you get some relief.
  • mollyz
    mollyz Member Posts: 756 Member
    Katmy said:

I get a rash on my entire
    I get a rash on my entire head 3 days after Taxotere. It looks gross, but the ER doctor told me it was normal and my Onc told me it is normal. My rash did not go away this 2nd infusion. It starts out as painful and then changes over to itching. My Onc thinks it causes folliculitis and gave me an antibacterial cream for my head. It is better, but the rash stays. I do not take Taxol.

Maybe go to an official Taxol web site and read all the SE information. And reviewing several sites is useful. Some cover SE differently.

Hope you get some relief.

same here but!
    I noticed it only when they ran my taxotere in to fast as long i had a slow drip i had no problems you can suggest that i had to often. MOLLYZ