Cleaning for a Reason

skipper54
skipper54 Member Posts: 936 Member
Has anybody been able to use this service?

Several friends told me about this but there are no partners in our area so I couldn't take advantage of it. It is a not-for-profit clearing house that matches women in treatment with a maid service that will clean for you while you're in treatment, for free. There is an applicaiton process and since the service must agree to provide the service for free, absorbing the cost of employee salary and cleaning supplies, spaces are limited. But if you haven't heard about it search for Cleaning for a reason and check it out. Wish it was around here because it can really lighten the load.

Comments

• Heatherbelle
    Heatherbelle Member Posts: 1,226 Member
    I'm sorry you couldn't take
    I'm sorry you couldn't take advantage of their services. They didn't have any in my area, either. It is a nice thing they do, though.
    *hugs*
    Heather
  • BioAdoptMom
    BioAdoptMom Member Posts: 358
    A few of my friends have
    A few of my friends have shared this info with me. I just found out on Friday that I am having chemo and will check it out here.

Nancy
  • joannstar
    joannstar Member Posts: 403 Member
    I was approved
    but no one from the cleaning service contacted me. It was during the holidays and I didn't have the time or energy to follow up so I never used the service.

JoAnn
  • GrandmaJ
    GrandmaJ Member Posts: 209
    Cleaning for Reason
    I was lucky enough to be able to take advantage of this wonderful service. However, I didn't find out about it till I was done with chemo and on radiation. But, they gave me three house cleanings and it was wonderful. I did tip them very well, as I didn't want to have them do all that work for nothing.

Judy