OT - A very long day

sbmly53
sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
Work has been rough, a new huge difficult computer program started today. We have been training for weeks, a dozen programmers from that company came to help us 'go live'. So many things went wrong, we had to keep 'adjusting'. Everything I learned seems to have to be revamped, so at the end of the day I'm not sure which end is up.

After work I ran a few errands, including a stop at the gas station ($3.89). As I was trying to unlock the door, the truck popped open - pushed the wrong button. I turned to the woman behind me and said "It's been a very long day!"

And she said "You look like it's been a very long day!"

OMG, I need a makeover and a good nights rest. A few years ago aa response like that would have brought tears to my eyes, today I laughed my *ss off.

Hope your day ends with a laugh, too!

Sue

Comments

• aisling8
    aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member
    It's ending with a laugh
    right now because somehow that's pretty funny -- I totally hear you, how a few years ago that comment would have had you in tears and today it just makes you laugh. You gotta laugh. Or go nuts.

Get some rest. Tomorrow you will look GREAT.

xoxo
    Victoria
  • Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Hey Sue,
    Sorry you had such a crappy day, but glad you could end it with a laugh. Hope you are feeling better today. A good nights sleep always helps.

xoxo,
    Jean
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    laughing..
    Good for the soul..right....

sorry you had bad day....

Denise
  • Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    I hope the new computer
    I hope the new computer program is easier today, that you got the rest you needed, and that the sun is shining...but not too brightly...you don't need everyone to see exactly how much concealer was used in that makeover! LOL.

Thanks for sharing your laughter.

Hugs,

Linda
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member

I hope the new computer
    I hope the new computer program is easier today, that you got the rest you needed, and that the sun is shining...but not too brightly...you don't need everyone to see exactly how much concealer was used in that makeover! LOL.

Thanks for sharing your laughter.

Hugs,

Linda

Oh, Sue--wish I was there to give you a good old Utica hug!
    So sorry for the stress in your life right now. You don't even tell half of all that's going on with you. I don't know how you do it--other than the fact that you're amazing.

Hang in there, sister. I'm looking forward to seeing you in June.

Hugs, Renee
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Sue
    I think we all have days like that. Computers can be frustrating especially when all doesn't go smoothly. Gas prices are getting bad. In CT the stations near me have gone up 10 cents in one day. We are currently at $3.75-$3.86. My DH reminds me that it was over $4 not that long ago. Hope today is a better day for you.
    {{hugs}} Char
  • Heatherbelle
    Heatherbelle Member Posts: 1,226 Member
    Listen to what someone said
    Listen to what someone said to ME the other day- I was in Walmart (or as i call it, Poop mart) with my 30 month old, Lia, last week. She was standing up in the back of the cart, since she's too big for her britches & doesnt want to sit in the front part anymore. I was tired, sore, and Lia was cranky. I'm checking out, and after I put all my things on the little conveyor belt, I get up to where the cashier is, she starts ringing my stuff up, and she ASKED ME IF LIA WAS MY GRAND DAUGHTER!!! I'm 35 years old! I have NEVER seriously contemplated smacking a stranger before this. I said to her "Really??!!! You think this is my GRAND-Daughter??!! No, she's not-she's my DAUGHTER, and I can't believe you just said that to me." I was a bit snippy with her but she just happened to insult me on a day i was pretty cranky to begin with :)
    Here's to shorter days!
    *hugs*
    Heather
  • Lynn Smith
    Lynn Smith Member Posts: 1,264 Member

Listen to what someone said to ME the other day- I was in Walmart (or as i call it, Poop mart) with my 30 month old, Lia, last week. She was standing up in the back of the cart, since she's too big for her britches & doesnt want to sit in the front part anymore. I was tired, sore, and Lia was cranky. I'm checking out, and after I put all my things on the little conveyor belt, I get up to where the cashier is, she starts ringing my stuff up, and she ASKED ME IF LIA WAS MY GRAND DAUGHTER!!! I'm 35 years old! I have NEVER seriously contemplated smacking a stranger before this. I said to her "Really??!!! You think this is my GRAND-Daughter??!! No, she's not-she's my DAUGHTER, and I can't believe you just said that to me." I was a bit snippy with her but she just happened to insult me on a day i was pretty cranky to begin with :)
    Here's to shorter days!
    *hugs*
    Heather

My experience
    I dont work with computers but I went to apply for SS the very day they started a new program. So the paperwork took longer.The young lady was so nice to me and I was patient.I knew she was learning the new way.She had to get 3 other co-workers to come and help her a few times and they were just learning also.I know your frustration.I saw it that day from that worker.

It all turned out to be a good day and I was treated like a queen.I've been having alot of bad days but since my DX all I get from so many(some I don't know) is "What a pretty lady you are". I got it from SS, doctors office(nurse) procedures etc.I guess they just want to make me feel better. Hey they even got my husband to tell me I am pretty.

Heatherbelle,

Start shopping Meijer's. I don't get compliments but every time i go in that store elderly ladies will start a conversation with me.They are so nice.Not like your check out lady.Of course they are shopping and we give each other pointers on what to buy. I must add I am 64 but the ladies who talk to me are in their 70's and 80's. I think I know why you call it p**p Wal Mart.I bet your were a bit snippy!!!!!I have aquaintances(they are not my friends)I could get snippy with but I pretend I DON'T HEAR THEM".I don't want to get all worked up and tell them off.

Lynn Smith

LynnS
  • sbmly53
    sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522

Here's to shorter days!
    *hugs*
    Heather

Heather,
    That reminds me of last summer - 3 months post treatment - when a patient asked if I was pregnant and when was I due. I was 56. First, I thanked him for thinking I was young enough to BE pregnant, and then just smiled and said, no.

So, I just got back from 2 nights out of town. Guess whose gonna sleep with Papillons tonight!!! I'm catching up on the new pics, postings, and newbies.

Sue
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    sbmly53 said:

Heather,
    That reminds me of last summer - 3 months post treatment - when a patient asked if I was pregnant and when was I due. I was 56. First, I thanked him for thinking I was young enough to BE pregnant, and then just smiled and said, no.

So, I just got back from 2 nights out of town. Guess whose gonna sleep with Papillons tonight!!! I'm catching up on the new pics, postings, and newbies.

Sue

yep i went to Dc with my
    yep i went to Dc with my aunt who is 10 years older than me, and my mother who is 72, a cabbie asked me if we were sisters! I actually dont have many lines. Since I lost so much weight I think my neck looks old but I AM 51. i dont look like my mom, although I think she looks pretty good. So yeah needless to say made my day. NOT!
  • aysemari
    aysemari Member Posts: 1,596 Member
    Hahaha
    you are so right Sue, we don't sweat the small stuff anymore!

Thanks for sharing.

Hugs,
    Ayse