Ear Noise

Options
Clearblue
Clearblue Member Posts: 186
edited April 2011 in Head and Neck Cancer #1
Hi there everyone.
3 WEEKS POST RADs (35+ 5 weeks erbitux)

Wifey complaining of a dull kind of "grinding/thud noise" in her ear.

Had an ENT "look in ears" check up, and said everything is clear, no blockage. visible?

ANY FURTHER suggestions?
Happy Easter to you good folk

Clear

Comments

• jermain21
    jermain21 Member Posts: 15
    Options
    I can't hear a thing but
    I can't hear a thing but loud music threw my headphones. Glad to hear your done with the radiation. It was harder than the chemotherapy for me
  • sweetblood22
    sweetblood22 Member Posts: 3,228
    Options
    jermain21 said:

I can't hear a thing but
    I can't hear a thing but loud music threw my headphones. Glad to hear your done with the radiation. It was harder than the chemotherapy for me

Clearblue, I have been
    Clearblue, I have been thinking about you guys all week! I'm just so glad she is done.

Not sure if erbitux causes hearing issues or not. Maybe some one can better tell you about that. I know sometimes radiation can harden wax inside your ear, don't know if that would cause noises inside her eardrum.

Now we just need her to heal up and get better, at least that cr@p is done and over with.
  • rozaroo
    rozaroo Member Posts: 665
    Options

Clearblue, I have been
    Clearblue, I have been thinking about you guys all week! I'm just so glad she is done.

Not sure if erbitux causes hearing issues or not. Maybe some one can better tell you about that. I know sometimes radiation can harden wax inside your ear, don't know if that would cause noises inside her eardrum.

Now we just need her to heal up and get better, at least that cr@p is done and over with.

Clear
    I am happy to hear that treatment is over! I had hearing problem's in my left ear. Terrible tinnitus & had a difficult time with wax hardening in that ear. It caused me pain & infection. However, that happened about 8 month's post treatment.I had cisplatin for chemo. Make sure that her ear's get checked. I still suffer from tinnitus in that ear but not as loud. It was pounding when it was infected. It is still there but since the wax has gone I can hear much better.
    Wishing you both my best
    Roz
  • Dav1965
    Dav1965 Member Posts: 132
    Options
    Cisplatin
    I too had cisplatin and i have a little ringing in both ears but i am lucky because mine is not to bad. I think its just the side effect of cisplatin. Good luck. David
  • buzz99
    buzz99 Member Posts: 404
    Options
    Done
    Congrats on the end of treatment. Now let the healing begin! Karen
  • Scambuster
    Scambuster Member Posts: 973
    Options
    buzz99 said:

Done
    Congrats on the end of treatment. Now let the healing begin! Karen

Ears get pricked
    HI Clear, Well very glad she is through.

On the hearing I thought I was going deaf a few weeks after treatment finished and had my ears flushed out but no improvement. I remember some grindy sensation at times. I then went back to my ENT and he took one look in my ears and said "Your Eustacian Tubes are blocked".

He then had me equalize and my hers squealed and squeaked and my hearing came back. It was very happy day. I hope your is similar but see the ENT and maybe relate this story.

Best to you both.

Scam
  • Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Options

Ears get pricked
    HI Clear, Well very glad she is through.

On the hearing I thought I was going deaf a few weeks after treatment finished and had my ears flushed out but no improvement. I remember some grindy sensation at times. I then went back to my ENT and he took one look in my ears and said "Your Eustacian Tubes are blocked".

He then had me equalize and my hers squealed and squeaked and my hearing came back. It was very happy day. I hope your is similar but see the ENT and maybe relate this story.

Best to you both.

Scam

Hi Clear

I am very glad to hear that the treatment is now completed and hope for both of you a full recovery. On the hearing I lost hearing in both ears 85% deaf in the right and 90% deaf in the leaf ear. I use hearing aids but they can only do so much to help me hear. You need to give is some time for the full affects of the treatment to stop and see where the hearing will end up. Remember I was treated twice so that is why my hearing is so bad. You wife may need hearing aids when this is all over, and life is still very good after treatment.

All the best to you my friend
    Hondo