AND NOW I have to have cataract surgery GEEZ

pinkflutterby
pinkflutterby Member Posts: 615 Member
I'm only 44, no fair :(

Comments

• sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    Oh no!
    I'm sorry. Will this be on BOTH eyes? You are quite young for this. But they've come a long way with this type of surgery. I've known a few people who have had this and they did really well.

I pray and wish this a success. Please keep us posted.

Hugs,

Sylvia
  • pinkflutterby
    sea60 said:

Oh no!
    I'm sorry. Will this be on BOTH eyes? You are quite young for this. But they've come a long way with this type of surgery. I've known a few people who have had this and they did really well.

I pray and wish this a success. Please keep us posted.

Hugs,

Sylvia

No just my right eye, seems
    No just my right eye, seems to be another chemo reaction he said it was significant tho, but I understand its pretty painless and results are great so thats good at least, but really when it enough enough poking and poking me
  • Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    I was told that cataracts
    I was told that cataracts are not unusual with Dhemo. Last Oct/Nov when I was having so much pressure/pain around my right eye the first place I was sent to wan the eye doctor everything gre4at sp pff tp CT the next day (or it might had been the day after). Still have no idea what was going on but everything was fine. Eye Dr. saud he was sure that he'd find cataracts with me having been through 14 Chemos and 25 rads - but no.

I know you don't want to hear this - the surgery todal is a lot better now.

Prayers

Susan
  • BioAdoptMom
    BioAdoptMom Member Posts: 358
    I am sorry about this latest
    I am sorry about this latest side effect! Good luck to you and lots of prayers that this will take care of the problem and you'll never have to deal with it again!

Nancy
  • ladyg
    ladyg Member Posts: 1,577
    After all that
    you have been through this should be a much easier. When my Mom had her eyes done she did not have any problems. I hope the same applies to you.

Hugs,
    Georgia
  • Lynn Smith
    Lynn Smith Member Posts: 1,264 Member
    ladyg said:

After all that
    you have been through this should be a much easier. When my Mom had her eyes done she did not have any problems. I hope the same applies to you.

Hugs,
    Georgia

i have the same problem
    My eye doctor foumd a cataract and floater last year but he said the cataract is very small and I won't need surgery YET.He said it was caused by the tamox but body comes first and I can't go off the tamoxifin.I'm 64 so I am old enough.I have 2 friends who are survivors.One had cataract surgery after 6 years of dx and the other one has a cataract but hasn't needed surgery.She is a 16 year survivor.

How I realized something was wrong?? It was getting dark and suddenly a flash of light appeared on the side of my head. I yelled for my husband to get the lightening bug out of my hair.He kept saying nothings there.I kept telling him yes.A bright light is flashing.I ended up in emergency.They said it was my eyes and they did a eye exam.Things looked OK but told me to see my eye doctor.I did and then the cataract was found.Now the floater drives me crazy when I move a certain way.A small black dot moves around. I don't even know I have a cataract.

Wishing you the best with the surgery.My friend said the surgery wasn't bad. But we all know how we hate having them. Seems like something all the time. One thing acts against another.

Lynn Smith
  • Hippiechick58
    Hippiechick58 Member Posts: 320
    If it isn't one thing, it's
    If it isn't one thing, it's another! You are right, you're too young! Seems like the SE's never end with Chemo!
    You will be in my thoughts and prayers! Good luck with surgery!

Much Peace,
    Dianne
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member

If it isn't one thing, it's
    If it isn't one thing, it's another! You are right, you're too young! Seems like the SE's never end with Chemo!
    You will be in my thoughts and prayers! Good luck with surgery!

Much Peace,
    Dianne

libby ... I am so sorry to hear this. 44 is far too young!
    As I like to say, chemo is the gift that keeps on giving .. side efforts, that is.

Best of Luck,

Vicki Sam
  • TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member
    VickiSam said:

libby ... I am so sorry to hear this. 44 is far too young!
    As I like to say, chemo is the gift that keeps on giving .. side efforts, that is.

Best of Luck,

Vicki Sam

When is enough enough, INDEED?
    Libby, I can empathize with how you feel -- now that I'm dealing with high blood pressure, the feeling that geez, isn't cancer ENOUGH?

I'm sure everyone is right when they tell you the surgery won't be that big a deal -- but it still sucks to have one more thing to deal with.

Traci
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    I agree, Libby - no fair!
    But, you're not alone. I've had cataract surgery on one eye (so far), about three years ago. It's really easy - especially compared to everything else we deal with. I know, not much comfort at the moment.

Both my eye doc (his wife is also a BC survivor) & med onc said it's a "somewhat rare, but not unheard of" SE from chemo/tamoxifen/both. Doesn't actually CAUSE a cataract - drastically speeds up development. In other words - for me, one year's development = ten years average. Sheesh.

It'll be OK. :-)

Kind regards, Susan
  • Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    Totally not fair! Do you
    Totally not fair! Do you have a date so we can get on the bus and be there with you? But as obnoxious and annoying as some of us are on that bus, you might not want us to come along....

Hugs,

Linda
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member

Totally not fair! Do you
    Totally not fair! Do you have a date so we can get on the bus and be there with you? But as obnoxious and annoying as some of us are on that bus, you might not want us to come along....

Hugs,

Linda

Enough, already!
    You don't need this--but here's hoping you breeze through it to the other side. Best of luck and hang in there.

Hugs, Renee
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    My mom always said, 'seems
    My mom always said, 'seems that when it rains it pours". Libby the pouring does stop, cant wait till it does for you, and you get to see some sunshine.

My hubby had both eyes done last Nov and Dec. I actually watched the surgery on a monitor. It was easy for him with no problems, and he loves his new eyesight.
  • pinkflutterby
    natly15 said:

My mom always said, 'seems
    My mom always said, 'seems that when it rains it pours". Libby the pouring does stop, cant wait till it does for you, and you get to see some sunshine.

My hubby had both eyes done last Nov and Dec. I actually watched the surgery on a monitor. It was easy for him with no problems, and he loves his new eyesight.

Well lets load up its April
    Well lets load up its April 18th at 6 FREAKING AM!!!! Whos a drivin????
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941

Libby if you dont mind my
    Libby if you dont mind my hubby can drive with his much improved eyesight. We wont get too concerned when he falls asleep at the wheel because their will be plenty of noisy women along for the ride. JUST KIDDING about him falling asleep at the wheel. Maybe Aortus can join the group so hubby doesnt feel so terribly outnumbered.

My prayers and thoughts are with you. Hang in there. We will all be with you on 4/18 at 6 am but why does it have to be so early???? I like to sleep in. :)
  • pinkflutterby
    natly15 said:

Libby if you dont mind my hubby can drive with his much improved eyesight. We wont get too concerned when he falls asleep at the wheel because their will be plenty of noisy women along for the ride. JUST KIDDING about him falling asleep at the wheel. Maybe Aortus can join the group so hubby doesnt feel so terribly outnumbered.

My prayers and thoughts are with you. Hang in there. We will all be with you on 4/18 at 6 am but why does it have to be so early???? I like to sleep in. :)

dont mind at all!!! I know
    dont mind at all!!! I know its so early I am a late sleeper too, but he does them all at the crack of dawn and the rechecks at 2pm grrrrrr
  • Aortus
    Aortus Member Posts: 967
    natly15 said:

Sign me up
    I'll be happy to come along and lend Mr. Natly some moral support. Besides, I have to build up some resistance to y'all for my next road trip in Der Bug.
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member

No just my right eye, seems
    No just my right eye, seems to be another chemo reaction he said it was significant tho, but I understand its pretty painless and results are great so thats good at least, but really when it enough enough poking and poking me

So sorry Libby that you have
    So sorry Libby that you have to have this surgery. How are you doing otherwise?

Hugs, Debby
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member

6 A M? That is early, but,
    6 A M? That is early, but, the pink sisters will all be with you!
  • crselby
    crselby Member Posts: 441 Member
    If it wasn't for seeing 2 of everything, I'd be happy
    Wow, that IS no fair. I hope this is the last of all your troubles for a while. I am 59 and just had both lenses replaced in January and February. I've been nearsighted and worn glasses since I was 5. That leads to early cataracts in the lucky few. Tamoxifen didn't help. Now I can see well at a distance, no more running over curbs in the 'fog' of cataract blurriness. I need glasses to read, as I have since I was 47. However, immediately after the surgery, I developed double vision. That is, when I look at a plane in the sky, I see two. So, whereas I thought I'd be glasses-free from now on, it looks like I need prismatic lenses. I can't get any doc to suggest what is causing this, but they are all anxious to sell me the prism glasses. I hope your results are better.
    ~~Connie~~