just finished the MRI

camul
camul Member Posts: 2,537
Now I have a pet scan on the 13th and don't get the results until the 20th. Usually I am so anxious for the results, but this time I don't know if I even want to know, especially the pet scan. I am so hopeful that the radiation and 9 rounds of chemo is working..... but there is that part of me that says if it is working, then why are the bones in my legs lower back and hips so painful?

I went to the grocery store on Sunday, small shopping. After walking through the store, I had to go home and take a nap. My legs were throbbing like a bad toothache. Prior to this, I was like the energizer bunny, and now I can't even make it through a store. Thank God I hate to shop!!!

Keep hoping it is still the Zometa doing its thing...
If I say to my family that I am concerned, they think I need to be more positive. If I say that I am banking on it working, then I am cautioned on being too optimistic!

My boys just want to know so that we can continue with this treatment, or move to a more aggressive chemo. Today, I would like to go to sleep and wake up in 2 weeks when the decision is in! Guess what it comes down to is that I am really scared. There hasn't been any positive results from tests since being diagnosed with extensive mets to the bones and skin.
Thanks for listening, as always

~Carol

Comments

• disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    gotta be in your shoes
    I was very positive and dont' complain...and not trying to be mean ..my hubby once said YOU NEED TO be more positive..

I said..I was positive when called back for mammo...then when sent for biospy, then after surgery...and all the way through radiation.

I'll be thinking of you-i'll check back to see if you got your results...
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member

gotta be in your shoes
    I was very positive and dont' complain...and not trying to be mean ..my hubby once said YOU NEED TO be more positive..

I said..I was positive when called back for mammo...then when sent for biospy, then after surgery...and all the way through radiation.

I'll be thinking of you-i'll check back to see if you got your results...

Waiting is...
    Awful! We all understand that...when did you finish chemo? Perhaps that's what is causing the leg and back pain...even post chemo...( I too, am triple negative...) my main discomfort during and after chemo was my legs and lower back...
    And the being "positive stuff" it does get old being told that... Or the " but you look good"...I thought if I heard that one more time I would scream! It's so easy for people to say keep a positive outlook when it's not happening to them...
    I wish you better days....
    Nancy
  • Lynn Smith
    Lynn Smith Member Posts: 1,264 Member
    MAJW said:

Waiting is...
    Awful! We all understand that...when did you finish chemo? Perhaps that's what is causing the leg and back pain...even post chemo...( I too, am triple negative...) my main discomfort during and after chemo was my legs and lower back...
    And the being "positive stuff" it does get old being told that... Or the " but you look good"...I thought if I heard that one more time I would scream! It's so easy for people to say keep a positive outlook when it's not happening to them...
    I wish you better days....
    Nancy

Camul
    Be positive. You helped me to think more about being positive. I am now looking differently about things.

I know this(pain) seems to be serious but look all you've been through.If I had been through all that I probably would have pain too. Just a few days ago my husband went to the doctor for leg problems.He's taking a new med for blockages.Doctor said the new meds are kicking in.Probably he won't need a by-pass.Then last night severe foot pain.Today he is fine.

Not sure how your MRI went but hoping great things for your Pet Scan. Sending positive thoughts your way.I believe in miracles.

I understand how you feel.The waiting to get the test then waiting for the results.

Lynn Smith
  • camul
    I am staying positive and
    I am staying positive and optimistic, just scared. Guess for some family members it is easier to keep the blinders on!

Thank God for this site and everyone of you on it!
    ~Carol
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    camul said:

I am staying positive and
    I am staying positive and optimistic, just scared. Guess for some family members it is easier to keep the blinders on!

Thank God for this site and everyone of you on it!
    ~Carol

We're...
    With you...we understand....keep us posted...
    For what it's worth..I care....we all do....
    Hugs and prayers,
    Nancy
  • skipper54
    skipper54 Member Posts: 936 Member
    Will keep
    you in prayers as you wait - both for good resluts and for peace. Waiting is always hard. I was fortunate with my repeat - it was at 1:30 in the afternoon and doc called at 5 with prelininary report. He knew I was worried and wanted me to get some sleep as report was clear. Will pray yours is clear too.
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    skipper54 said:

Will keep
    you in prayers as you wait - both for good resluts and for peace. Waiting is always hard. I was fortunate with my repeat - it was at 1:30 in the afternoon and doc called at 5 with prelininary report. He knew I was worried and wanted me to get some sleep as report was clear. Will pray yours is clear too.

Oh, Carol--I so understand your feelings
    We all want to be really positive--but sometimes the weight of everything just gets to be too much. Sometimes I'll be having the best day and then that stupid little voice of doubt and fear creeps in--the "what ifs". It's those times that I try to think--okay--I'm leaving this in the hands of my higher power. Sometimes it works.

Waiting is the worst. I'm sending good energy your way for you to get perfect results ASAP.

Hugs, Renee
  • camul
    Read the results online and it is not dancing with neds on the MRI! But it is not IN my brain, just new tumors in the bones in my head. This was not what I wanted but so much better than I expected. I am very happy that it isn't in my brain but disappointed that new tumors grew while having chemo and being on Tamoxifen.

Depending on the results of the pet scan, I have a feeling I will be doing an even more aggressive chemo regimen. UGGGGGGG

Thanks everyone for being here!
    ~Carol
  • camul
    missrenee said:

Oh, Carol--I so understand your feelings
    We all want to be really positive--but sometimes the weight of everything just gets to be too much. Sometimes I'll be having the best day and then that stupid little voice of doubt and fear creeps in--the "what ifs". It's those times that I try to think--okay--I'm leaving this in the hands of my higher power. Sometimes it works.

Waiting is the worst. I'm sending good energy your way for you to get perfect results ASAP.

Hugs, Renee

Thanks Renee and everyone
    Thanks Renee and everyone for listening. I really am staying positive, I know that I am doing so much better than my initial prognosis. I just have to jump, skip, or even crawl over this hurdle, and I will.

Now, I need some sunshine! We are suppose to wake up to another snow fall!!!!!

~Carol
  • skipper54
    skipper54 Member Posts: 936 Member
    camul said:

Read the results online and it is not dancing with neds on the MRI! But it is not IN my brain, just new tumors in the bones in my head. This was not what I wanted but so much better than I expected. I am very happy that it isn't in my brain but disappointed that new tumors grew while having chemo and being on Tamoxifen.

Depending on the results of the pet scan, I have a feeling I will be doing an even more aggressive chemo regimen. UGGGGGGG

Thanks everyone for being here!
    ~Carol

Oh my!
    Sorry to hear your results but think your attitude is great. We all do what we have to do. And what we have to do is keep you in prayers that you can handle whatever the docs plan and that it works well.

Hugs & prayers!
  • Megan M
    Megan M Member Posts: 3,000
    skipper54 said:

Will keep

I'm sending you hugs,
    I'm sending you hugs, prayers and lots of positive thoughts!