Who got the news on April 1st?

Hi Everyone,

Was just wondering how many ladies got the news on April 1st that they had breast cancer?

I was told 1 year ago today. When my husband told his parents they actually thought he was playing a joke on them!

I look at it this way now, one year later on April Fool's Day, "Hey Cancer, I'm STILL here!"

Sending out strength and courage to everyone.

Justine :)

Comments

• disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    yikes..april fools...
    I found out in Jan but surgery was april 3rd...(will be 3 yrs monday)...so not quite...but I am sure you will not forget the date...

Denise
  • Lynn Smith
    Lynn Smith Member Posts: 1,264 Member

yikes..april fools...
    I found out in Jan but surgery was april 3rd...(will be 3 yrs monday)...so not quite...but I am sure you will not forget the date...

Denise

Not me but
    Not me. But the tumor was found on my son's 40th Birthday July 2.2009. Wasn't diagnosed till Aug 19.The doctor let it slip by.Sometimes I wondered about the staff.Couldn't talk to the doctor but they said they would pass the message for him to look at my report.Did they or didnt they????I made a appt and he said it was so small he wasn't sure the Breast Center could needle biopsy it and get the right tissue.Well someone will??????

A year(July 2010) goes by and I tried to make a appt with him.Guess what??? He was on vacation for 3 weeks.Usually they take the same time every year.The staff Didn't say he was on vacation the year before????? I have doubts about alot.

I am sure your in-laws laughed and said April Fool's.Everyone gets a joke played on them.I can imagine how upset they felt when they were told it was true.Heartbreaking!!!!

Lynn Smith
  • mwallace1325
    mwallace1325 Member Posts: 806
    April 3, 2009
    Was the date I received the results of the biopsy, but I'd known since the 2nd mammo on March 20th, cause everyone who saw any tests results told me they were sure.

marge
  • JuJuBeez
    JuJuBeez Member Posts: 332
    I found out 3/29/10, I met
    I found out 3/29/10, I met with the surgeon on 4/1/10.
  • rainbow4
    rainbow4 Member Posts: 137
    Not April 1, but
    another memorable date - April 15, 2009. Taxes and cancer, what a combination!
    -rainbow4
  • Sandy66
    Sandy66 Member Posts: 2
    rainbow4 said:

Not April 1, but
    another memorable date - April 15, 2009. Taxes and cancer, what a combination!
    -rainbow4

April 1
    I was told a week and a half before. I got my port put in on this date. All I could say when I saw the date was, "God sure does have a sense of humor." I'm still sore from the port and loosing my independence due to this beast is down right agrevating. I don't know if I joined a leper colony or I'm seen as fragile as an egg. Neither, is my ideal personae.
  • Lynn Smith
    Lynn Smith Member Posts: 1,264 Member
    Sandy66 said:

April 1
    I was told a week and a half before. I got my port put in on this date. All I could say when I saw the date was, "God sure does have a sense of humor." I'm still sore from the port and loosing my independence due to this beast is down right agrevating. I don't know if I joined a leper colony or I'm seen as fragile as an egg. Neither, is my ideal personae.

A April 1 joke on my hubby
    My husband really really doesn't like the person who does his leg dopplers.He threatens never to go back.I told the doctor's office a while back.Still they said it would be better so the doctor can read the report faster.My husband called a few weeks ago to see when his appt was,April 1.I said "OH NO April Fools Day".He said "I know it".I told him I bet she will be nice since it's April Fools Day(she'll trick you).We both laughed.Well he went to his appt and she was so sweet he was in a state of shock. He said she was sickening sweet.I told him you should've said"Are you playing a April Fools joke on me".For a change you're being nice. He was totally in a state of shock!!! Maybe she tricked all her patients that day and was nice for a change.

Lynn Smith