Prosthesis fitting tomorrow

Gabe N Abby Mom
Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
My fitting is tomorrow afternoon. My skin is still pretty tender from rads, so I'm a little concerned about that. I'm bringing my BFF who will be honest in her opinion, and a few blouses. Is there anything else I should be thinking about?

Hugs,

Linda

Comments

• disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    no advice
    I just wanted to say I HOPE all goes well. (I had lumpectomy)

Best of Lucky...NICE a friend will tag along with you..

Denise
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    :-)
    Hi Linda,

Sounds like you have a good handle on it. My husband went with me and I took normal T-shirt, a silk type blouse and a tank top (cause as you know it gets hot here). It was helpful to model the various types with the prothesis in place. There are several different types available so don't be rushed as you will be wearing this on a daily basis you want to be sure you like it. Some of heavier than others, my first one was heavier then my last one so that is something to consider as well. I am excited for you, I was quite happy when I received mine.

(¯`•.•´¯) (¯`•.•´¯)
    *`•.¸(¯`•.•´¯)¸.•´ ♥
    ☆ º ♥ `•.¸.•´ ♥ º ☆.¸¸.•´¯`♥RE
  • shelbyhome
    shelbyhome Member Posts: 145
    RE said:

:-)
    Hi Linda,

Sounds like you have a good handle on it. My husband went with me and I took normal T-shirt, a silk type blouse and a tank top (cause as you know it gets hot here). It was helpful to model the various types with the prothesis in place. There are several different types available so don't be rushed as you will be wearing this on a daily basis you want to be sure you like it. Some of heavier than others, my first one was heavier then my last one so that is something to consider as well. I am excited for you, I was quite happy when I received mine.

(¯`•.•´¯) (¯`•.•´¯)
    *`•.¸(¯`•.•´¯)¸.•´ ♥
    ☆ º ♥ `•.¸.•´ ♥ º ☆.¸¸.•´¯`♥RE

It is a good feeling to get
    It is a good feeling to get some new (and pretty if you want) bras, and they did have some heavy ones and some lightweight ones.I got 4 of them and one was for sleeping in. I didn't take any clothes with me but I never thought of it! I like mine and hope you have a good experience!! Hugs :) Robbin
  • Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    Don't buy 2 of the same bra
    would be my first suggestion - until you know that you will like it. Trying on in the store is not the same as wearing day after day. They all fit each of us different and different pros fit differently in them on each of us. I hate the first bra that I got - the fitter insisted that it was the most 'popular' one - I'm sure that there are some that it fits great and they love it but definately NOT me. If you're going to get a couple then go ahead and get different ones and see which is best for you.

Have no suggestions on getting 2 pros - I'm a single so I tried to match what was left. There are different sizes, shapes, colors - many options. Looking back I wish I had gotten the narrower version of the one I got as while I'm not small boned I am 'narrower' and I think it might have been better - when I get a new one that's what I will go with.

Taht's about all I can think of now.

Susan
  • RE
    One more thing....
    If you are a swimmer they make ones special for swimming so you may want to discuss that for future purchase if it is something you may find that you need.

Hugs,

RE
  • Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    RE said:

One more thing....
    If you are a swimmer they make ones special for swimming so you may want to discuss that for future purchase if it is something you may find that you need.

Hugs,

RE

Mine works great when
    Mine works great when swimming - we did not discuss it though before i got it.
  • RE
    Rague said:

Mine works great when
    Mine works great when swimming - we did not discuss it though before i got it.

Mine did too the problem is
    Mine did too the problem is they are not made for that and they deteriorate faster, mine did get a tad lumpy and a tad dis colored due to swimming. I found out later that they make lighter better for swimming models if you swim lots which I tend too. Just a bit of info., glad yours is working well for you.
  • mollyz
    mollyz Member Posts: 756 Member
    good idea
    to take a few blouses,the lady fitting will know what to do, when you look in the mirror just make sure your satisfied with the look and the size is equal to the other breast you'll know with your blouse on. good luck Linda i have 4 more days of rads. HUGS MOLLYZ
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Linda
    I'm sure all will go well tomorrow. I spent at least 2 hours trying on different bras w/prosthesis. The woman who helped me was wonderful. I'm hoping to eventually get the special prosthesis for bathing suits......
    {{hugs}} Char
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member

no advice
    I just wanted to say I HOPE all goes well. (I had lumpectomy)

Best of Lucky...NICE a friend will tag along with you..

Denise

Just wishing you good
    Just wishing you good luck!

Hugs, Jan
  • Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    I'm a little nervous and
    I'm a little nervous and excited at the same time. My thanks to all of you for your advice, kind thoughts, and good wishes.

Hugs,

Linda
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member

I'm a little nervous and
    I'm a little nervous and excited at the same time. My thanks to all of you for your advice, kind thoughts, and good wishes.

Hugs,

Linda

I hope it all goes well for
    I hope it all goes well for you Linda. Wishing you good luck!

Hugs, Leeza