AC-T????

ElizabethB
ElizabethB Member Posts: 89
what is this abreviation for"""

Comments

• Hippiechick58
    Hippiechick58 Member Posts: 320
    These are the three chemo
    These are the three chemo agents I received. Adriamycin, Cytoxin and Taxol. At least I believe that is what they stand for. If I'm wrong, someone please correct me!

Be Well,
    Dianne
  • skipper54
    skipper54 Member Posts: 936 Member

These are the three chemo
    These are the three chemo agents I received. Adriamycin, Cytoxin and Taxol. At least I believe that is what they stand for. If I'm wrong, someone please correct me!

Be Well,
    Dianne

same here
    That's what they stand for in my book. Had the same 3 drugs.
  • Lighthouse_7
    Lighthouse_7 Member Posts: 1,566 Member
    skipper54 said:

same here
    That's what they stand for in my book. Had the same 3 drugs.

Me too. Those are the 3
    Me too. Those are the 3 drugs my doctor called ACT
  • creampuff91344
    creampuff91344 Member Posts: 988

Me too. Those are the 3
    Me too. Those are the 3 drugs my doctor called ACT

Right
    ACT are the three most common drugs used to treat breast cancer. I am on a study out of Johns Hopkins, trying to determine if ACT versus CT are just as effective, eliminating the Adrymiacin. That is the strongest of the three drugs. I was in the group of 1000 who took all three drugs, and the study continues for another two years. So far they are finding that eliminating Adrymiacin does not change the percentage of recurrence, but the study continues. I will let you know when they publish the final results. Hugs, Judy
  • lori1961
    lori1961 Member Posts: 56
    Me To
    I started out on Cytoxin and Taxitol until they found cancer in the other breast and a positive lymph node then they added Adryiamycin. Definitley more side effects than with the other 2 plus I had to hae 2 additonal treatments. Good luck
  • Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    The "T" can also be
    The "T" can also be taxotere. I had that along with Ariamycin and Cytoxin.
  • Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    My neo-Adjunct Chemo was -
    4 dense dose Adriamycin and Cytoxin (A/C). My Chemo was 12 weekly Taxol (T).
  • jennytwist
    jennytwist Member Posts: 896
    Rague said:

My neo-Adjunct Chemo was -
    4 dense dose Adriamycin and Cytoxin (A/C). My Chemo was 12 weekly Taxol (T).

Mine was
    AC - dense dose - every 2 weeks. Then 6 weeks of Taxol (again for every other week)
  • jessiesmom1
    jessiesmom1 Member Posts: 915 Member
    A/C and T
    I had 4 rounds of A/C (Adriamycin/Cytoxan) spaced 2 weeks apart and 12 rounds of Taxotere once a week. My last infusion was in August 2010.