update on my stubborn husband (o:

okthen
okthen Member Posts: 232
Jack officially (said to his Onc, not just me) quit chemo 2 weeks back...I can't remember if I already posted that....anyway, Onc ordered CT scan, it was done on Tuesday.

We got the report today, couldn't wait until next Tuesday to see Onc...everything compares to last CT scan with no changes. Good news.

He also slept the last two nights without his arm pain waking him... He's been on Neurontin for about 3 weeks now. Still has numbness in his fingers, his left hand is improving, so we have hope that the right will too.

I've been having a rough few weeks with my side and haven't really been on...I am so sorry to hear about mscolon, she is in my prayers, as are you all.

Chriss

Comments

• pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member
    Chriss it sounds very very well for Jack!
    Hope the same results in the next CT! We will send you our best vibes!,now take care of you too!
    Hugs!
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    Chriss
    That sounds like great news for Jack. I am sorry you are sore.
  • pepebcn
    AnneCan said:

Chriss
    That sounds like great news for Jack. I am sorry you are sore.

Chriss...this avatar
    it terrifies me don't know why sorry but always got terrified by clowns !LOL.
    Hugs!
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Yay!
    I'm so glad you got good news!

*hugs*
    Gail
  • tootsie1 said:

Yay!
    I'm so glad you got good news!

*hugs*
    Gail

This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • okthen
    Thanks everyone for your
    Thanks everyone for your well wishes!

Pepe and Graci...I removed the clown...he was a little freaky looking..its an old advertisement that I forgot I had until I was unpacking a box...a vegetable label....designed to scare the kiddies into eating their corn I guess. haha
    It's now in my expression photos if any later posters want to see what gives pepe nightmares. ((o;

My new pic is of our lovely shingled cottage that we moved to in December...I think I will add some photos also showing off my husbands remodeling work. I kept telling him it wasn't the chemo bringing him down it was all the darn work he's done in 3 months!

I gave it one last shot today on the chemo finishing...it's over, it's done and I do feel peace that I gave it my best try.

Our next objective is to try and get me on the High Risk Pool insurance ( I was denied through the mainstream insurances) and get myself healthy....I found myself feeling jealous of a woman on a horse during a commercial silliness!

Then we are both looking forward to starting our life again...work, play...dancing.
    Thanks again! Chriss
  • Kathleen808
    Kathleen808 Member Posts: 2,342 Member
    Chriss
    Chriss,
    Your house is darling. :) It is good that you and Jack are getting to a place of peace with his decision. Wonderful that the scans were good.

Take care.

Aloha,
    Kathleen
  • pepebcn
    okthen said:

Thanks everyone for your
    Thanks everyone for your well wishes!

Pepe and Graci...I removed the clown...he was a little freaky looking..its an old advertisement that I forgot I had until I was unpacking a box...a vegetable label....designed to scare the kiddies into eating their corn I guess. haha
    It's now in my expression photos if any later posters want to see what gives pepe nightmares. ((o;

My new pic is of our lovely shingled cottage that we moved to in December...I think I will add some photos also showing off my husbands remodeling work. I kept telling him it wasn't the chemo bringing him down it was all the darn work he's done in 3 months!

I gave it one last shot today on the chemo finishing...it's over, it's done and I do feel peace that I gave it my best try.

Our next objective is to try and get me on the High Risk Pool insurance ( I was denied through the mainstream insurances) and get myself healthy....I found myself feeling jealous of a woman on a horse during a commercial silliness!

Then we are both looking forward to starting our life again...work, play...dancing.
    Thanks again! Chriss

That's a very nice house Chriss !
    Really very nice and looks peacfuly place as well !
    Hope you achieve all your expects , you both deserve!
  • Chriss
    Chriss,
    Your house is darling. :) It is good that you and Jack are getting to a place of peace with his decision. Wonderful that the scans were good.

Take care.

Aloha,
    Kathleen

• okthen
    unknown said:

Awww..no guilt Graci! My
    Awww..no guilt Graci! My kids hate that clown too!

Thanks for the compliments on the cottage! It'taken some getting used too...much smaller than what we left...but it's been fun to fix it up. (0:
  • AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    okthen said:

Awww..no guilt Graci! My
    Awww..no guilt Graci! My kids hate that clown too!

Thanks for the compliments on the cottage! It'taken some getting used too...much smaller than what we left...but it's been fun to fix it up. (0:

My goodness!
    That house is gorgeous; I think I could get used to it in a New York minute. Enjoy it!
  • pepebcn
    AnneCan said:

My goodness!
    That house is gorgeous; I think I could get used to it in a New York minute. Enjoy it!

Your work it's been outstanding congratulations again!
    BtW I feel a bit guilty as well! hahaha!
  • okthen
    pepebcn said:

Your work it's been outstanding congratulations again!
    BtW I feel a bit guilty as well! hahaha!

Outside in expressions
    Outside in expressions photos for you pepe. (o:

I have really been impressed that Jack did what he has done while taking chemo....he's a trooper!

We just got back from meeting a group of people for dinner...and a drink or two...it's been FOREVER since we did that. Was very nice! Maybe I will really enjoy this "getting back to living" thing. lol

Great weekend wishes to everyone!
    Chriss
  • herdizziness
    herdizziness Member Posts: 3,624 Member
    Chriss
    Hi hun, sorry I didn't respond earlier, it was the clowns fault. I hate the darn things, don't know why. LOL.
    I'm glad that your husband has no changes, that's a good thing. I love your cottage.
    I think about you often and your husband, and wish nothing but the best things in life for the both of you, just keep the clowns at bay. LOL
    Love to you,
    Winter Marie
  • pete43lost_at_sea
    pete43lost_at_sea Member Posts: 3,900 Member

Chriss
    Hi hun, sorry I didn't respond earlier, it was the clowns fault. I hate the darn things, don't know why. LOL.
    I'm glad that your husband has no changes, that's a good thing. I love your cottage.
    I think about you often and your husband, and wish nothing but the best things in life for the both of you, just keep the clowns at bay. LOL
    Love to you,
    Winter Marie

just enjoy each other, the cottage and some peace
    chriss,
    the cottage looks so peaceful.
    hugs,
    pete