at last

thank god at last they found the problem with the weakness thyroid gland is low. why do y.ou have to keep insisting to doctors that somtings wrong befor they listen do they because we dont have that degree that we are stupid

Comments

• allmost60
    allmost60 Member Posts: 3,178 Member
    Who knows what they think!!!
    I think thats a question we all ask ourselves. The trick is to just be persistant and keep hitting back until the doctors get so tired of hearing from us that they give up and finally listen to us. I'm glad they finally found your problem and hopefully now they will move forward and take care of it! Keep us informed. Best wishes...Sue (FNHL-2-3A-6/10)
  • COBRA666
    COBRA666 Member Posts: 2,401 Member
    Looking down their noses
    Denise,
    Those same thoughts have gone thru my mind several times. Now that they know its your thyroid causing the tiredness they can prescribed some meds to straighten it out for you. You have to keep on them. Don't be surprised if and when they straighten it out if they start messing with the dosage. They will do that believe it or not. John(FNHL-1-4A-5/10)
  • Michele23
    Michele23 Member Posts: 168
    COBRA666 said:

Looking down their noses
    Denise,
    Those same thoughts have gone thru my mind several times. Now that they know its your thyroid causing the tiredness they can prescribed some meds to straighten it out for you. You have to keep on them. Don't be surprised if and when they straighten it out if they start messing with the dosage. They will do that believe it or not. John(FNHL-1-4A-5/10)

It's on...
    I agree.Drs. somethings look at us like we're crazy.At the beginning of my Dx.journey one even told me to seek counseling.Had something interesting just happen.Doing treatment Treanda/Rituxan and have been having some knee trouble.My left knee blew up like a grapefruit 5days after treatment.Ended up in the local ER.After a long stand off with oncs. office and ER doc. as to whether to transport me to my cancer center ER tapped fluid from my knee.Had a MRI and went home.This was on a Fri. of course so waited for onc to call Mon.His office called and said I needed a orthopedic Dr. of which I saw yesterday.He reviewed the MRI and said it must be Chemo related DA....and tapped 4 more tubes of fluid from knee.So now where does that leave me?Someone better give me some answers as I've sat around in pain going crazy for 10 days to hear this.Not acceptable at all.Don't see onc.till Apr.18 ----LOVELY. Michele{Dx95Low Grade FollicularStage3}
  • COBRA666
    Michele23 said:

It's on...
    I agree.Drs. somethings look at us like we're crazy.At the beginning of my Dx.journey one even told me to seek counseling.Had something interesting just happen.Doing treatment Treanda/Rituxan and have been having some knee trouble.My left knee blew up like a grapefruit 5days after treatment.Ended up in the local ER.After a long stand off with oncs. office and ER doc. as to whether to transport me to my cancer center ER tapped fluid from my knee.Had a MRI and went home.This was on a Fri. of course so waited for onc to call Mon.His office called and said I needed a orthopedic Dr. of which I saw yesterday.He reviewed the MRI and said it must be Chemo related DA....and tapped 4 more tubes of fluid from knee.So now where does that leave me?Someone better give me some answers as I've sat around in pain going crazy for 10 days to hear this.Not acceptable at all.Don't see onc.till Apr.18 ----LOVELY. Michele{Dx95Low Grade FollicularStage3}

You are so right
    Michele,
    You are so right about some of these Drs. It is rare you will hear one put down another one. They stick together like they are trained to do. You really get to know the game they play with us after seeing them so often. We are pawns in their careers. They get pleasure out of sending us to their colleagues to milk our insurance co.i have been thru it with several members of my family over the years as well as myself. Sometimes you can call the next step before they even refer us. Then when we get to the next dr. the first question is, "Who's your insurance carrier?". It is very tiring and disgusting. It's all about the money. Some may disagree with me,but it's the way I feel. John
  • scuttlebug
    scuttlebug Member Posts: 59
    COBRA666 said:

You are so right
    Michele,
    You are so right about some of these Drs. It is rare you will hear one put down another one. They stick together like they are trained to do. You really get to know the game they play with us after seeing them so often. We are pawns in their careers. They get pleasure out of sending us to their colleagues to milk our insurance co.i have been thru it with several members of my family over the years as well as myself. Sometimes you can call the next step before they even refer us. Then when we get to the next dr. the first question is, "Who's your insurance carrier?". It is very tiring and disgusting. It's all about the money. Some may disagree with me,but it's the way I feel. John

my thoughts
    i had to go on dissabilty and sometimes i feel if i die thats one less person the govermet has to take care of because i feel like iwas treated different before i started using medicare and medicaid.
  • COBRA666

my thoughts
    i had to go on dissabilty and sometimes i feel if i die thats one less person the govermet has to take care of because i feel like iwas treated different before i started using medicare and medicaid.

Dying is not an option here!!!
    Denise,
    Even though thats the way the government thinks,you should not feel that way. Having any kind of disability makes us sometimes feel worthless. We are the same people we were before . Its just we need some assistence right now. Don't ever think that way.
    On the other hand as long as we can be an asset the government they can use us. We need their help and only hope they will help us. Maybe I should not say that,but its the way I feel and in reality the way it is. Ok guys,jump on me,kick me in the face and make me beg for mercy for a comment like that. I know its true,I saw it on TV. I am not going to sign my name. Keep you guessing who would say something like this.
  • allmost60
    allmost60 Member Posts: 3,178 Member
    COBRA666 said:

Dying is not an option here!!!
    Denise,
    Even though thats the way the government thinks,you should not feel that way. Having any kind of disability makes us sometimes feel worthless. We are the same people we were before . Its just we need some assistence right now. Don't ever think that way.
    On the other hand as long as we can be an asset the government they can use us. We need their help and only hope they will help us. Maybe I should not say that,but its the way I feel and in reality the way it is. Ok guys,jump on me,kick me in the face and make me beg for mercy for a comment like that. I know its true,I saw it on TV. I am not going to sign my name. Keep you guessing who would say something like this.

haha!
    Hey you...
    I'm thinkin your R-infusion went well today...right? Your probably a bit sleepy. We just got home from the vigil....so sad. Heart hurts for his family.
    Sue (FNHL-2-3A-6/10)
  • COBRA666
    allmost60 said:

haha!
    Hey you...
    I'm thinkin your R-infusion went well today...right? Your probably a bit sleepy. We just got home from the vigil....so sad. Heart hurts for his family.
    Sue (FNHL-2-3A-6/10)

???
    How did you figure out it was me??? I didn't sign my name. Are you a psychic or something.LOL. The infusion went well. Just dragged out so long. Had to get the vitals and talk to the Onc. nurse. That took over 2 hours. The actual infusion only took about 1 1/2Hours. I got very tired after the benedryl and even dozed off for a little while. I heard myself snore and I woke up. Stayed a little tired til about 8pm. Feel wide awake now. I hate that needle in the port. It doesn't hurt that bad,but the pressure is something else. Talked to a guy across from me that has myeloma. I do not know what stage and did not want to ask. I guess he was in his early 40's and said he had been getting treatment for 2 years. I kept dozing and can't remember half of what he said. I feel so sorry for people that have this crap.He said he was in Desert Storm so that makes me wonder if that is where it started for him. I am sure he could ask the government and they could reassure him it did not come from there.HAHA John(FNHL-1-4A-5/10)