Another Birthday

Options
sarahb74
sarahb74 Member Posts: 81 Member
I was diagnosed 22 months ago when I was 59 with stage IV OVC and told I had weeks, or at best a few months, to live. Today I'm celebrating my 61st birthday and still going! My son who lives about 300 miles away has travelled up for a few days which has made a great day perfect.

Comments

• stella65
    stella65 Member Posts: 152
    Options
    Happy Birthday
    May I be the first to wish you a wonderful birthday and wish you many more to come, have a great time with your son X
  • Cafewoman53
    Cafewoman53 Member Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Yea !
    Happy Happy Birthday !! What a wonderful thing to hear . I wish you many more days like this.
    Colleen
  • Mum2bellaandwilliam
    Mum2bellaandwilliam Member Posts: 412
    Options

Yea !
    Happy Happy Birthday !! What a wonderful thing to hear . I wish you many more days like this.
    Colleen

Happy birthday!
    Have a fab birthday ! Enjoy getting older!!!!, lol!
  • anicca
    anicca Member Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday and Many
    Happy Birthday and Many More! Thank you for sharing such great news!
  • VickiReed
    VickiReed Member Posts: 66
    Options
    Happy Birthday
    Happy Birthday to you, it's my birthday too. (45 here)Enjoy and hope you have many more.
    Vicki
  • JoWin615
    JoWin615 Member Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Three cheers!
    Your survival story is really inspiring and encouraging. May your day be filled with many nice surprises!
  • Heather_Krutz
    Heather_Krutz Member Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello
    Seems you have been through a lot. My mom was just diagnose with stage 4 ovarian. There is still .7cm left on her diaphram and we just started chemo yesterday. I'm 27 and lost. I have been researching and found this site. Love it so far. But also found sites that said there was no chance with stage 4 and then you find one that is positive and then you start to feel that there is hope again. So talking with people that actually have it mat make a difference. I have been waiting on my mother hand and feet to make sure she is as comfortable as possible, but also want her to still be independent. If you don't mind me asking.. but has it spread to any of your major organs? Thanks- Heather
  • poopergirl14052
    poopergirl14052 Member Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Sara
    Happy birthday. I am sure having your son home made your day even more special. Hope all is well....val
  • Mwee
    Mwee Member Posts: 1,338
    Options
    Happy Birthday to you
    Just goes to show you that we don't come with expiration dates. Have a wonderful b-day!
    (((HUGS))) Maria
  • sarahb74
    Options
    VickiReed said:

Happy Birthday
    Happy Birthday to you, it's my birthday too. (45 here)Enjoy and hope you have many more.
    Vicki

You too!
    I hope you enjoyed your special day as much as I did mine
  • sarahb74
    Options

Hello
    Seems you have been through a lot. My mom was just diagnose with stage 4 ovarian. There is still .7cm left on her diaphram and we just started chemo yesterday. I'm 27 and lost. I have been researching and found this site. Love it so far. But also found sites that said there was no chance with stage 4 and then you find one that is positive and then you start to feel that there is hope again. So talking with people that actually have it mat make a difference. I have been waiting on my mother hand and feet to make sure she is as comfortable as possible, but also want her to still be independent. If you don't mind me asking.. but has it spread to any of your major organs? Thanks- Heather

Memory problems!
    They did tell me some time ago which organs were affected, but I can't remember! I think they said I'm stage IV because there were cancer cells in my pleural effusions, so it had spread outside the abdominal cavity. I was in hospital 3 weeks ago with someone with advanced ovarian cancer who was dx 10 years ago and given just 18 months to 2 years to live and she was still going
  • Tina Brown
    Tina Brown Member Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    Fantastic and so
    Fantastic and so encouraging
    Tina xxxx
  • kellyh33
    kellyh33 Member Posts: 287
    Options
    Birthday!!!
    I know I am a day late but I hope you had a fantastic day, happy belated birthday. Thanks for the encouragement on a day when many of us need to have our spirits lifted.
    Kelly
  • kellyh33
    kellyh33 Member Posts: 287
    Options

Hello

Same place
    Hi Heather,
    You and I are in the same boat. I never thought this would happen to my mom either. My mom was diagnosed June 18/2010.
    Try not to focus on the weight loss, it is possible to put some back on. My mom after an unsuccessful surgery went from 135 lbs to 87 lbs. She is now up to 94/95 lbs. It takes awhile but she will regain some of the lost weight.
    My Mom is also in the later stages. It is sad and scary but there can be good days. Take all the help that is offered in your community.
    Take your mom to a look good/feel good seminar. It will help her feel better about herself and the hair loss. Have you found her any turbans yet? Where my mom goes for chemo they give them to the patients and they insist my mom take one each week she is there. She is soon going to need another closet she has so many!
    Feel free to e-mail me if you want to. Try not to laugh at my e-mail address but here it is babeinatree@yahoo.ca
    Be aware that the more chemo your mom gets the more tired she will feel, make sure they monitor her iron levels etc.
    Keeping you in my thoughts.
    Kelly