Message from Mary " msccolon " to all of us.

pepebcn
pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member
edited March 2011 in Colorectal Cancer #1
I have come home and in the hands of Hospice as of Monday. Getting everything in order. I don't get on the computer very often now, but I will try to update everybody. The tumors in my abdomen have grown to the point of multiple partial obstructions, which can't be fixed using surgery since my prior surgeries have left so much scar tissue/adhesions. I'm comfortable, and will stay on top of the nausea and pain to be sure I'm comfortable. My family has been coming into town to visit with me, which has been great! My twin, Matt, is coordinating everything for me, he's such a HUGE blessing. I would appreciate if you could pass this info onto the CSN board for me, ok buddy?.

Thank you for reading!

Comments

• AnneCan
    AnneCan Member Posts: 3,673 Member
    Thanks Pepebcn
    Mary, I have been thinking about you a lot lately. I am so sorry your tumours have grown to this point. I am glad you are comfortable + have lots of family around, especially Matt to help you with everything. I am thinking of you.
  • Sonia32
    Sonia32 Member Posts: 1,071 Member
    Thanks Pepe
    Hugs Mary thinking of you too.
  • maglets
    maglets Member Posts: 2,576 Member
    Sonia32 said:

Thanks Pepe
    Hugs Mary thinking of you too.

My Dearest Mary
    Mary it grieves me to hear things have gone this far......I am so sorry Mary. I too am glad that you have Matt there to help you

I continue to picture your wonderful smiling face with your pretty corsage on your shoulder

I send deepest love and sympathy and a hug too

mags
  • ketziah35
    ketziah35 Member Posts: 1,145
    I pray that God brings you
    I pray that God brings you peace in your journey.
  • Lifeisajourney
    Lifeisajourney Member Posts: 216
    My problems seem small
    as I read your post. Thoughts and prayers. Keep comfortable as you can and know everyone will be thinking of you. Pat
  • Lori-S
    Lori-S Member Posts: 1,277 Member
    Pepe and Mary
    Pepe thank you so much for the information

Mary, I am sorry to hear of this turn of events. You have always been such an inspiration. I wish for you all of the comfort you and your family need. HUGS
  • Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392 Member
    Oh My!
    Thanks Pepe.

I'm very saddened to hear this. Mary is part of the long term fighting group and has been giving this a go for a long time. Thinking of you, Mary:)

-Craig
  • Sundanceh said:

Oh My!
    Thanks Pepe.

I'm very saddened to hear this. Mary is part of the long term fighting group and has been giving this a go for a long time. Thinking of you, Mary:)

-Craig

This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • geotina
    geotina Member Posts: 2,111 Member
    Dear Mary:
    I have missed you and your smile, courage, sharing and hope you have always given everyone on this board.

I am so sorry to hear of your current situation. I am at a loss for words. May your days now be filled with love of family, friends, comfort and be peaceful for you. I will miss you Mary, very much.

Hugs - Tina
  • Luv2lunch
    Luv2lunch Member Posts: 270
    Hi Miss Mary
    I'm so sorry to read this today. You were so nice to help me and Mom when we first came on the board. Thank you for that.
    We will pray for you.
    Love,
    Linda and Mom
  • Buzzard
    Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member
    geotina said:

Dear Mary:
    I have missed you and your smile, courage, sharing and hope you have always given everyone on this board.

I am so sorry to hear of your current situation. I am at a loss for words. May your days now be filled with love of family, friends, comfort and be peaceful for you. I will miss you Mary, very much.

Hugs - Tina

Mary..........
    never a bauble with your dignity, grace, or peace of mind about your situation. You are whom I wish to be, a steady ever vigilant constant that never said never, and strength and courage to do whatever necessary to keep everything at bay. If only we could be as strong as your will and determination is...and yet ever smiling, cutting up, being there in my early dx and helping keep me sane through it all...and you still, steady as a rock. I admire anyone that stands and fights with a bring it on attitude and stays in the ring as long as you have...My love, prayers, and thank yous for being there for me are small in comparison to all you have given to this board, and Im sure to everyone's life you have touched outside of here as well as inside.....may you find your peace in all of this, much love to you and all you stand for......and thank you for being here for all of us...love to you in your journey............Clift
  • herdizziness
    herdizziness Member Posts: 3,624 Member
    Oh dear
    Oh my, my sweet msccolon, Mary, so beautiful in your yellow dress and corsage and your fabulous smile. Prayers are being sent your way, may you have the best of care and comfort. I shall be thinking of you and sending you my heart and hugs.
    Winter Marie
  • christinecarl
    christinecarl Member Posts: 543 Member
    Damn, this makes my heart
    Damn, this makes my heart feel so sad. Prayers are coming her way :(
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Oh, no
    Oh, Mary.

I'm incredibly sad to hear this. You have been such a calm, sweet presence here. I hope your transition will be peaceful.

With love and prayers...

*hugs*
    Gail
  • sharpy102
    sharpy102 Member Posts: 368 Member
    AnneCan said:

Thanks Pepebcn
    Mary, I have been thinking about you a lot lately. I am so sorry your tumours have grown to this point. I am glad you are comfortable + have lots of family around, especially Matt to help you with everything. I am thinking of you.

oh no!
    Dear Mary: I am very very devastated to hear how this all ending...you were always so nice, helpful and kind...you really always gone out of your way to help. I don't know what to wish you though...I should be wishing you "good transition, no pain" but I don't want you to go!!! And therefore I cannot wish that to you! I guess the only thing I can wish for you then is for you to feel how many lives you touched, and how many people love you and always, yes, I said ALWAYS, love you! Please take care of yourself!
    Hugs to you,
    Sophie
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Thanks, Pepe!
    Mary, I am wrapping my arms around you....can you feel them? Warm and comforting!

You are such a bright spot in my life here on the boards, I wish you nothing but comfort on this journey!

Hugs, Kathi
  • pete43lost_at_sea
    pete43lost_at_sea Member Posts: 3,900 Member
    KathiM said:

Thanks, Pepe!
    Mary, I am wrapping my arms around you....can you feel them? Warm and comforting!

You are such a bright spot in my life here on the boards, I wish you nothing but comfort on this journey!

Hugs, Kathi

hail mary full of grace
    Dearest mary,
    My kids and I will pray the "hail mary" for you tonight my dear.
    I will add you to my miracle list.
    I will miss you, I hope your care in the hospice is exceptional.
    love pete
  • LivinginNH
    LivinginNH Member Posts: 1,456 Member
    Dear Mary, My hope today is

Dear Mary, My hope today is that you are not in pain and that you can enjoy spending some loving time with your family. You were one of the first people to welcome us to this board, and I thank you for your sweet words of encouragement and kindness. May God bless you and your family. Love, Cynthia
  • angelsbaby
    angelsbaby Member Posts: 1,165 Member

Dear Mary, My hope today is

Dear Mary, My hope today is that you are not in pain and that you can enjoy spending some loving time with your family. You were one of the first people to welcome us to this board, and I thank you for your sweet words of encouragement and kindness. May God bless you and your family. Love, Cynthia

Dear Mary
    I am sorry I have no words you have helped me threw some diffucult times with angel and i will always be greatful u and your family are in my prayers

michelle
  • maglets
    maglets Member Posts: 2,576 Member

Dear Mary
    I am sorry I have no words you have helped me threw some diffucult times with angel and i will always be greatful u and your family are in my prayers

michelle

Mary
    I'm back Mary.....just can't stop thinking about you and wanted to reach out......

reading others' posts made me think

you always have given way way more than you have ever taken

our kind gentle giving one

I wanted to say....I love you Mary

mags