I'm new, can we do a survey?

2»

Comments

• dyaneb123
    dyaneb123 Member Posts: 950

And the Answers are...
    State (and city if you want to share it) - So. Cal.

Age or age range (if you want to share) and menopausal status - Fabulous 50's!

Type of BC, stage and grade - Stage 1, not sure of the grade (Low, I think)

Type of surgery you had, or will have - Lumpectomy 10/12/2009

Type of other treatments you have had or will have - Chemo and rads - finished 04/28/2010

Do you have children? Genders and ages? 3 stepsons 17 to 29

Do you have grandchildren? Genders and ages? Not yet!

Pets? What kinds? 1 kitty cat - calico, and 1 adorable dog - Papillon

Career - Human Resources

Favorite food - Tough one - I love 'em all! Chocolate (preferably See's) and mexican food are right at the top!

Favorite beverage - Hot Apple Cider

Favorite holidays - Valentine's Day and Christmas

Favorite TV show - Jeopardy, Entourage, West Wing, M*A*S*H, Sunday Morning

Favorite sport - Watching - Basketball, doing - Swimming

Things you enjoy doing - Reading, yoga, horseback riding

Good point about sharing information - I tried not to "overshare"

Ok I'll play
    State (and city if you want to share it) - Smoky Mts. Tennessee

Age or age range (if you want to share) and menopausal status - 61

Type of BC, stage and grade - Er+ Pr + stage 2

Type of surgery you had, or will have -Lupectomy followed by mastectomy followed by reconstruction , then corrective reconstruction phew!

Type of other treatments you have had or will have - Chemo and rads-zometa

Do you have children? 1 daughter 26

Do you have grandchildren? Genders and ages? Not yet!

Pets? What kinds? 1 doggy Skeeter 14 year old Yorkie

Career - High School teacher

Favorite food - Anything but fish

Favorite beverage - Coke Zero

Favorite holidays - Thanksgiving Christmas

Favorite TV show -Reality Junkie -Survivor, Apprentice, Amer. Idol, Dancing w/ Stars

Favorite sport - college football or basketball watching
  • Different Ballgame
    Different Ballgame Member Posts: 868
    This is a good posting!
    1. Chicago, IL
    2. Just turned 70 in January (and plan on living to my 90's)'
    3. At 65, had 0 Stage DCIS - lymph nodes perfect. Grade 2 - Opted for mastectomy and had breast reconstruction. Did not need any further treatment. No chemo. No radiation.
    3a. At 68, had recurrence on scar. Now invasive carcinoma. Radiation treatments 29 plus 5 boosters. Now on generic Arimidex known as Anastrozole.
    4. Daughter 41 in January and son 39 in April
    5. Daughter has given me 2 granddaughters and two grandsons. Girls are 13 and 10. Boys are 5 and 2. Son has given 1 grandson 6 years old and 1 granddaughter 2 years. Son and Daughter-in-law are now expecting identical twins in September. Don't know sex, yet.
    6. Did have a pet for 13 years. A Lhasa Apsos.
    7. Executive secretary and administrative assistant
    8. I love salads with homemade salad dressing. I love all foods made from scratch. My most recent favorite is Chicken Salad with organic green grapes, organic celery, water chestnuts, mixed with Hellman's mayonnaise, curry, and soy sauce. Sounds terrible but it is fantastic. I also make this one for the doctors. Of course, I am known for my spaghetti sauce and meatballs the size of a tennis ball.
    9. Believe it or not, it is water, then hot tea. I was addicted to Pepsi but have not let it touch my lips for the past 5 years.
    10. Christmas. I decorate a tree like none you have ever seen. In fact, my daughter wrote a poem about me and my tree. Last count on Christmas ornaments, 355 ornaments.
    11. Discovery Channel, Masterpiece Theatre, Good Morning Sunday CBS, Dancing with the Stars, and a few more
    12. Personally, I love to swim. And I do love watching my children and grandchildren play soccer.
    13, Things that I enjoy doing are vast and diverse. I love to go to the movies, to the theatre, to museums, to art fairs, to Chicago Botanic Gardens, volunteering, reading, swimmings, sun bathing (yes, I still sun bath), researching on the internet, and learning. Oops, how could I forget telling you that I love to entertain, to cook, and to bake. I am known for my food and I give it to my doctors. And, finally, I love to shop. It does not make any difference if I buy something or not. I love seeing what is available to be purchased. And I am interested in glass and silver, makes no difference if it is depression, antique, crystal, or current. I love the color of shiny silver. I tend to like clear glass, except for ruby red glass which is not easy to find. I guess you can say that I enjoy and love life and all that it offers. By the way, I did not mention my family and friends, because that is a given. I do love being with them. I also like meeting new people. Boy...I could go on and on as to what I enjoy doing. Finally, I love making someone's day, whether that person be a family member, friend, or stranger...this makes me feel the best!
  • EveningStar2
    EveningStar2 Member Posts: 491 Member
    OK
    I always love the warnings--they are valid but I could probably give you my address and you still couldn't find it!!

Anyway, I live in NM, have 4 kids 2+2 and 1 granddaughter whom I adore, of course. The asylum here is run by 3 cats. They allow us to live here and pay the bills. I work as a floor nurse at a tiny hospital--kinda an overgrown clinic.

I had DCIS, lumpectomy, 33 rads and tamoxifen until the PE shower and now I'm not on anything. 26 months out.

All my free time is taken up by Sweet Adelines and SCA--I travel alot. The nearest WalMart is 60 miles away, one-way.

Maureen
  • Nanaof3
    Nanaof3 Member Posts: 15
    Survey
    Sorry - decided not to do this - I forgot that there is unrestricted viewing.
  • Heatherbelle
    Heatherbelle Member Posts: 1,226 Member
    State (and city if you want

State (and city if you want to share it) - Northern Indiana

Age or age range (if you want to share) and menopausal status - 35, and thank you, tamoxifen, for putting me in "chemically induced menopause"

Type of BC, stage and grade - IDC, Stage 2 in right breast

Type of surgery you had, or will have - Had bilateral mastectomy with tissue expanders, had silicone gel implants placed in November of 2010, and in a few weeks i'm having nipple reconstruction done. I also had both port placement & removal procedures, and had fat grafting from my abdomen to my breasts.

Type of other treatments you have had or will have - I had 4 rounds of A/C/T chemo, followed by 2 rounds of Taxotere, and I'll be on tamoxifen for 5 years.

Do you have children? Genders and ages? - i have 2 daughters, 10 years old and 2 and 1/2

Do you have grandchildren? Genders and ages? -nooooooo

Pets? What kinds? Jerry -my senior citizen 130 lb, 12 yr old dog, and Jack, my 13 yr old snugglebutt cat

Career - mommy

Favorite food - pizza and chocolate

Favorite beverage - green tea, and when i'm feeling frisky, Jagermeister

Favorite holidays - Christmas closely followed by Halloween

Favorite TV show - Family Guy

Favorite sport - pfftt....

Things you enjoy doing - shopping! live music & going to concerts,reading, going to the beach, crafts/scrapbooking, animals, and hanging out with my kids. They're awesome.
  • mrs gadget
    mrs gadget Member Posts: 118
    here's mine
    State: Orange, CA
    BC: stage 2a IDC
    Surgery - Lumpectomy with 22 lymph nodes removed
    Treatments: TC chemo cocktail, surgery, radiation and will be starting meds this week
    Children: I have 2 children daughter is 23 and son is 17
    Pets: I have 2 dogs, 2 desert tortoises and quite a few fish
    Career: Teacher
    Favorite food: Cheeseburgers, and burritos
    Favorite Beverage: Diet Coke
    Favorite Holidays: Christmas and 4th of July
    Favorite TV show: Gray's anatomy
    Favorite Sport: Anything that involves horses
    Things I enjoy: Knitting, crocheting, horseback riding, walking marathons

April Cregg
  • sbmly53
    sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
    It's always nice to get to know each other
    Central NY
    57; post
    Stage 2 IDC
    Lumpectomy - sentinal node
    Rads, Arimidex
    Daughter 23 & married - hubby has 4 grown kids & 12 grandchildren
    2 Papillons and 1 DS cat
    healthcare
    Cookies!
    Raspberry wine coolers
    Raising Hope & The Good Wife (& a few more)
    breathing - I am not athletic!
    Leisure time, although it's been so long since I have been able to rest mind & body.

Sue
  • Marsha Mulvey
    Marsha Mulvey Member Posts: 597 Member
    sbmly53 said:

It's always nice to get to know each other
    Central NY
    57; post
    Stage 2 IDC
    Lumpectomy - sentinal node
    Rads, Arimidex
    Daughter 23 & married - hubby has 4 grown kids & 12 grandchildren
    2 Papillons and 1 DS cat
    healthcare
    Cookies!
    Raspberry wine coolers
    Raising Hope & The Good Wife (& a few more)
    breathing - I am not athletic!
    Leisure time, although it's been so long since I have been able to rest mind & body.

Sue

survey
    Southern Indiana

58 - OOPS! 59 now

Lobular and IDC, Stage IV - lymph nodes, liver, bones, and skin. ER/PR- Her2+

No surgery

Herceptin, Zometa, and Taxol. H, Z, and Taxotere. Currently H, Z, and Navelbine.

Son 24, daughter 21

0 grandchildren

Cats: Elvis (6), Chloe (3), Dottie J Nelson (2), and Corky (1)

Office assistant

Beef, green beans, apples

Water, coffee, V8Fusion (tangerine combo), milk, Diet Coke

All holidays

Law and Order, MASH

Softball (my daughter plays)

I try to enjoy EVERYTHING I do

Marsha
  • Annette 11
    Annette 11 Member Posts: 380

This is a good posting!
    1. Chicago, IL
    2. Just turned 70 in January (and plan on living to my 90's)'
    3. At 65, had 0 Stage DCIS - lymph nodes perfect. Grade 2 - Opted for mastectomy and had breast reconstruction. Did not need any further treatment. No chemo. No radiation.
    3a. At 68, had recurrence on scar. Now invasive carcinoma. Radiation treatments 29 plus 5 boosters. Now on generic Arimidex known as Anastrozole.
    4. Daughter 41 in January and son 39 in April
    5. Daughter has given me 2 granddaughters and two grandsons. Girls are 13 and 10. Boys are 5 and 2. Son has given 1 grandson 6 years old and 1 granddaughter 2 years. Son and Daughter-in-law are now expecting identical twins in September. Don't know sex, yet.
    6. Did have a pet for 13 years. A Lhasa Apsos.
    7. Executive secretary and administrative assistant
    8. I love salads with homemade salad dressing. I love all foods made from scratch. My most recent favorite is Chicken Salad with organic green grapes, organic celery, water chestnuts, mixed with Hellman's mayonnaise, curry, and soy sauce. Sounds terrible but it is fantastic. I also make this one for the doctors. Of course, I am known for my spaghetti sauce and meatballs the size of a tennis ball.
    9. Believe it or not, it is water, then hot tea. I was addicted to Pepsi but have not let it touch my lips for the past 5 years.
    10. Christmas. I decorate a tree like none you have ever seen. In fact, my daughter wrote a poem about me and my tree. Last count on Christmas ornaments, 355 ornaments.
    11. Discovery Channel, Masterpiece Theatre, Good Morning Sunday CBS, Dancing with the Stars, and a few more
    12. Personally, I love to swim. And I do love watching my children and grandchildren play soccer.
    13, Things that I enjoy doing are vast and diverse. I love to go to the movies, to the theatre, to museums, to art fairs, to Chicago Botanic Gardens, volunteering, reading, swimmings, sun bathing (yes, I still sun bath), researching on the internet, and learning. Oops, how could I forget telling you that I love to entertain, to cook, and to bake. I am known for my food and I give it to my doctors. And, finally, I love to shop. It does not make any difference if I buy something or not. I love seeing what is available to be purchased. And I am interested in glass and silver, makes no difference if it is depression, antique, crystal, or current. I love the color of shiny silver. I tend to like clear glass, except for ruby red glass which is not easy to find. I guess you can say that I enjoy and love life and all that it offers. By the way, I did not mention my family and friends, because that is a given. I do love being with them. I also like meeting new people. Boy...I could go on and on as to what I enjoy doing. Finally, I love making someone's day, whether that person be a family member, friend, or stranger...this makes me feel the best!

homemade salad dressing.
    I wrote down your salad dressing I am going to give that a try. Thanks!
  • 1acme
    1acme Member Posts: 77
    I love to share with you ladies
    1) Toronto, On, Canada ... BUT
    spending a lots of time in East West NY - between my treatments
    2) 37
    3) IDC stage 3 and diagnosed with DCIS
    4) Feb-14/2011 - Lumpectomy and Centennial note + 14 lymph notes removed. No meds yet.

5) Currently in post-surgery recovery. Tomorrow is my 1st Onco appointment.
    6) No children
    7) N/A
    8) 3 tabby Cats - Preston, Oscar & Felix - all rescues
    9) Enforcement Officer - currently off duty
    10) Love all kinds of food, I'll eat almost anything. I love cooking & baking and have friends over.
    11) Water & home made Smoothies
    12) I would say Christmas - all decoration & home made cookies
    13) I do not have cable, when I was working I missed so many shows that I unsubscribed my TV service. Now I am catching up with NETFLIX all shows that I missed when I was working.
    14) Horseback riding & Swimming
    15) Relaxation, Reiki, Travel & road trips, Reading, Concerts, Opera AND spending time with my girlfriends like taking a sewing or painting class.
  • Lighthouse_7
    Lighthouse_7 Member Posts: 1,566 Member
    1acme said:

I love to share with you ladies
    1) Toronto, On, Canada ... BUT
    spending a lots of time in East West NY - between my treatments
    2) 37
    3) IDC stage 3 and diagnosed with DCIS
    4) Feb-14/2011 - Lumpectomy and Centennial note + 14 lymph notes removed. No meds yet.

5) Currently in post-surgery recovery. Tomorrow is my 1st Onco appointment.
    6) No children
    7) N/A
    8) 3 tabby Cats - Preston, Oscar & Felix - all rescues
    9) Enforcement Officer - currently off duty
    10) Love all kinds of food, I'll eat almost anything. I love cooking & baking and have friends over.
    11) Water & home made Smoothies
    12) I would say Christmas - all decoration & home made cookies
    13) I do not have cable, when I was working I missed so many shows that I unsubscribed my TV service. Now I am catching up with NETFLIX all shows that I missed when I was working.
    14) Horseback riding & Swimming
    15) Relaxation, Reiki, Travel & road trips, Reading, Concerts, Opera AND spending time with my girlfriends like taking a sewing or painting class.

I am all about privacy. I
    I am all about privacy. I don't even put photos on expressions page but the questions here aren't that bad.
    I think photo's give someone a face to look for and what about Facebook! My gosh, everyones life with photos is posted for all to see.
    Thanks for the warning though.