How many bone mets ladies are on Xgeva (denosumab)?

CypressCynthia
CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
I am on zometa, but have been reading a lot about denosumab. Has anyone switched from zometa to denosumab? I began a conversation about it with my onc at my last visit and he was amenable to switching, but then my PET scan was so improved that he decided to leave my therapy alone. I have had no side effects (fingers and toes crossed) with the zometa, but I am still tempted by a quick SQ injection (denosumab) vs the long infusion (zometa).

Comments

• Marsha Mulvey
    Marsha Mulvey Member Posts: 597 Member
    never
    I've never even heard of Denosumab but with a name like that ("sumab"), it sounds like a new targeted therapy. I guess I'm content with the results I'm getting from Zometa (along with my chemo) so unless something changes, I'll stick with this program. If you do switch, please let us know what it's like. Thanks, Marsha
  • pinkkari09
    pinkkari09 Member Posts: 877
    Hi CC, I'm on Xgeva
    Hi CC, I'm on Xgeva (denosumab). I get an injection once every four weeks. I'm feeling some fatigue but I'm not sure if it's the Xgeva shot or the Xeloda chemo that I'm on. It's really hard to tell what's giving me what side effects. I take Xeloda (6 pills a day 3000mg) for 7 days, then 7 days off. The shot comes close to the chemo pills either on or just ending. The other side effects I'm having are definitely chemo S/E's. I'll update you if I experience anything else.
    Miles of Love,
    ~Kari