Facial Hair

Jean T. Szabo
Jean T. Szabo Member Posts: 193
Lost all my hair on the head, legs, "down there", lashes and brows. Now the hair on the legs is back, did my first shave; my brows are returning and the hair on the head is very slowly growing. Have "facial hair" along the sides of face by the end of ear lobes to chin growing. Anyone have a problem with "facial hair" and what do I do to get rid of it. Have Rad Onc. appt. for next Friday.

Comments

• natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    Yes I had a lot of facial
    Yes I had a lot of facial hair when treatement was completed. I shaved it as so many of us have done. Seems that even now I have more facial hair than I ever had, so I shaved it again just recently. In talking with other women who are menopausal without any cancer treatement they seem to have the same issues with hair growth.
  • joannstar
    joannstar Member Posts: 403 Member
    My mustache hair was
    the first to come back--LOL, so I knew I was on the mend when I saw that! I pluck because it is not too much, but it is daily. I don't have the issue with hair along the jaw line.
    I figure it is just one of the joys of menopause.
    Good luck and if your onc recommends something, I'd like to know what.
    JoAnn
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    joannstar said:

My mustache hair was
    the first to come back--LOL, so I knew I was on the mend when I saw that! I pluck because it is not too much, but it is daily. I don't have the issue with hair along the jaw line.
    I figure it is just one of the joys of menopause.
    Good luck and if your onc recommends something, I'd like to know what.
    JoAnn

I had facial hair, I didnt
    I had facial hair, I didnt do anything and it went away. Hormones are a wonderful thing!!
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Jean
    my hair is slowly growing but did show up on the face right away. The stray eyebrow hairs, mustache, chin and sides of face. TG it's light almost white but can't wait til it's gone! I remember Renee talking about her experience and I think she said it eventually went away. I see onc tomorrow and plan on asking him about it. Eyebrows, lashes, legs, underarms and down there are showing growth too.
    Char
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    cahjah75 said:

Jean
    my hair is slowly growing but did show up on the face right away. The stray eyebrow hairs, mustache, chin and sides of face. TG it's light almost white but can't wait til it's gone! I remember Renee talking about her experience and I think she said it eventually went away. I see onc tomorrow and plan on asking him about it. Eyebrows, lashes, legs, underarms and down there are showing growth too.
    Char

it's the..
    Steroids....according to my oncologist...during chemo the hair is destroyed, as we all know...then when chemo and the steroids are stopped the facial hair grows like wild fire! He said it would go away...not fast enough for me...I shaved it...I wasn't going to be the baldheaded bearded lady! I even had "eyelashes" growing ON TOP of my eye lids..that was strange!
  • cinnamonsmile
    cinnamonsmile Member Posts: 1,187 Member
    i secretly us my partner's
    i secretly us my partner's elcectric razor, i find it works much better than shaving cream and my venus.
  • Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member

i secretly us my partner's
    i secretly us my partner's elcectric razor, i find it works much better than shaving cream and my venus.

Surgicream
    I've used this for years. It's like Nair, but for me, it works better. Maybe I just think it does. Anyway, my "ducky down" facial hair grew back really quickly and I used Surgicream like always. Now, for some reason, I don't seem to have hardly any facial hair. I mean much, much less than before chemo, when I was "grooming" myself at least every 3 weeks had had been for probably 15-20 years. Go figure.

My leg hair, too, was the first to return. The rest of my hair is sooooo slow, and I'm still covering my head 6 months after my last chemo. ???

Suzanne
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    I saw onc today
    and asked about the facial hair. He told me it could last for several months and then goes away.
    Char
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    My vanity, I know...
    Yes, lol I lost the hair on my legs only to gain it all on my upper lip. I confess--I had it lasered. It took 6 treatments (1 per month for 6 months) and it wasn't cheap (I think about $200 per treatment). But it's gone for good--yay!
  • Lighthouse_7
    Lighthouse_7 Member Posts: 1,566 Member

My vanity, I know...
    Yes, lol I lost the hair on my legs only to gain it all on my upper lip. I confess--I had it lasered. It took 6 treatments (1 per month for 6 months) and it wasn't cheap (I think about $200 per treatment). But it's gone for good--yay!

I had facial hair too! Just
    I had facial hair too! Just where you said yours is. I didn't do anything and it just went away.
    I had forgotten about that until I read your post.
    Just one more thing that shows we are Kindred Spirits>
    Hugs,
    Wanda
  • Jean T. Szabo
    Jean T. Szabo Member Posts: 193

I had facial hair too! Just
    I had facial hair too! Just where you said yours is. I didn't do anything and it just went away.
    I had forgotten about that until I read your post.
    Just one more thing that shows we are Kindred Spirits>
    Hugs,
    Wanda

shaving
    The facial hair was long enough to be noticeable. Shaved it off. Read the posts and hopefully this will go away by itself. Have an appt. with Rad Onc. next Friday and will ask him what he recommends. Can't afford any special treatments.
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member

shaving
    The facial hair was long enough to be noticeable. Shaved it off. Read the posts and hopefully this will go away by itself. Have an appt. with Rad Onc. next Friday and will ask him what he recommends. Can't afford any special treatments.

bumping up
  • Annette 11
    Annette 11 Member Posts: 380
    Furry
    Yes, I am also with facial hair along the jaw line! I didn't have this fur before chemo. I'm afraid to shave, it may come in darker and heavier. Does it?
  • sweetvickid
    sweetvickid Member Posts: 459 Member
    Don't shave it! I had a
    Don't shave it! I had a nice growth of fuzz and with my fingers I just plucked it off. Had to do that I think 3 times and then it never came back. Can't remember the name for it but it is a type of hair you develop when you are in the womb. I remember my one great niece was really hairy when she was born but within a week or so it all fell off.
  • sweetvickid
    sweetvickid Member Posts: 459 Member

Don't shave it! I had a
    Don't shave it! I had a nice growth of fuzz and with my fingers I just plucked it off. Had to do that I think 3 times and then it never came back. Can't remember the name for it but it is a type of hair you develop when you are in the womb. I remember my one great niece was really hairy when she was born but within a week or so it all fell off.

Have it waxed off just like
    Have it waxed off just like you would do your eyebrows or upper lip if you can't pluck it.