need website and correct info

tgf
tgf Member Posts: 950 Member
I just received a long email from a friend which was forwarded to her by someone else ...

Anyway it goes into detail about how lemon/lemon juice and cancer ... and part of it is:

"It destroys the malignant cells in 12 cancers, including colon, breast, prostate, lung and pancreas ... The compounds of this tree showed 10,000 times better than the product Adriamycin, a drug normally used chemotherapeutic in the world, slowing the growth of cancer cells. And what is even more astonishing: this type of therapy with lemon extract only destroys malignant cancer cells and it does not affect healthy cells.

Institute of Health Sciences, 819 N. L.L.C. Cause Street, Baltimore, MD1201"

I find this VERY difficult to believe ... and I know there's a website somewhere that you can check on to see where they's "urban legends" have been proven bogus ... but I don't know where to look ... because I want to send me friend accurate info ... so she can forward it on to the umpteen people she send the lemon cure email to ...

Thanks ... and hugs.
Teena

Comments

• MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Teena, I have used
    Teena, I have used snopes.com before. You might want to give this one a try. Good luck!
  • joannstar
    joannstar Member Posts: 403 Member
    Undetermined according to snopes
    They don't have a true or false on this yet:

http://www.snopes.com/medical/disease/lemons.asp

will be interesting to watch

JoAnn
  • Cat64
    Cat64 Member Posts: 1,192
    Teena
    I got the same email yesterday! I was going to check Snopes to see if there was any truth to it also. Makes you wonder....
    ♥ Cat
  • Lynn Smith
    Lynn Smith Member Posts: 1,264 Member
    Cat64 said:

Teena
    I got the same email yesterday! I was going to check Snopes to see if there was any truth to it also. Makes you wonder....
    ♥ Cat

Lemon Juice
    I am a internet searcher.When a doctor orders something I must look it up. I word it anyway I can to see if it will come up.

What about Lemon Juice and Cancer.Or Lemon Juice helps cancer cells. .Anyway you want to type to see if anything comes up.It has worked many times for me.

Sounds logical it would help.I drink a juice(FUSION) that has antioxidents and I feel good.I am not the best eater.

Lynn Smith
  • joannstar
    joannstar Member Posts: 403 Member
    I found something when
    I googled "lemon juice and cancer"...it led me to the following Susan G. Komen website:

http://ww5.komen.org/modifiedcitruspectin.html

I hadn't searched for citrus pectin, but I guess it is close to lemon juice. I trust their information regarding breast cancer, but I'm not going to try anything my onc doesn't suggest or approve.

JoAnn
  • Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member
    joannstar said:

I found something when
    I googled "lemon juice and cancer"...it led me to the following Susan G. Komen website:

http://ww5.komen.org/modifiedcitruspectin.html

I hadn't searched for citrus pectin, but I guess it is close to lemon juice. I trust their information regarding breast cancer, but I'm not going to try anything my onc doesn't suggest or approve.

JoAnn

Does Lemoncello work, too?
    Does Lemoncello work, too?

S

Ok, I know, I'm being silly and this is not a silly question. Apologies.