I am scared

ennie__1
ennie__1 Member Posts: 32 Member
Hi, I was first diagnosed at 27 I had a bilateral mastectomy and was told by then Dr that all was clear and not to worry.(stupid me) Now here I am at 35 and my cancer is back my current Dr. wasen't thinking cancer so he wouldn't check for it. after much pushing by me me he finally checked. My breast cancer is back and has spread to my bones. I have holes in my hip had to have a plate placed in my neck but the bones in my spine are to damaged to qualify me for back surgery. I am wearing a back brace whenever I am up. My spine Dr. is always so vague sounding but my oncologist feals that bone can heal it takes time , but it can heal. This newest diagnosis came back in Oct so I haven't been fighting for to long yet this time. So far my tumor marker numbers are droppping but my back has me scared, anyone else have any words on wisdom I would appericiate anything.

Comments

• Susiestn
    Susiestn Member Posts: 13
    Don't know what to say
    Don't know what to say except you are in my prayers!
  • Hippiechick58
    Hippiechick58 Member Posts: 320
    Susiestn said:

Don't know what to say
    Don't know what to say except you are in my prayers!

"May you be at Peace, May
    "May you be at Peace, May you be Free of Suffering"

You will be in my thoughts and prayers,
    Dianne
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    so sorry you are going throught this
    I"ll be thinking of you and sending good vibes your way...
  • Katmy
    Katmy Member Posts: 93
    I am sorry to hear this is
    I am sorry to hear this is happening to you at such a young age. I was diagnosed at 40. My thoughts are with you. My elderly violin teacher who experienced much personal pain in her life told me at the beginning of my cancer journey, "It takes courage to live, and courage to live through it." I repeatedly go back to that pearl of wisdom.
  • camul
    camul Member Posts: 2,537
    I am going thru this now and
    I am going thru this now and was told 9 years ago that the chances of recurrence were low, no node involvement. Sept. 2010 diagnosed with mets to the bones, and in Dec to the skin. I get Zometa, am on vitamin D, weekly chemo. I had rads to hips and pelvic, (which didn't help the tailbone). The Zometa is suppose to help strengthen the bones, I will have a pet scan in 2 weeks to see if the chemo and rads have helped to slow the tumor growth. Too much involvement for surgery to be effective.

So, my goal is to live as much as possible every day. Only able to walk limited distance without throbbing in the bones. But still do most everything, it just takes longer. I am hoping that the Zometa is repairing some of the damage, as that is the goal!

Sending good wishes and prayers your way,
    ~Carol
  • pinkkari09
    pinkkari09 Member Posts: 877
    So sorry to hear you are
    So sorry to hear you are going through this. I'm 39 (37 with original dx) and my cancer is back in my bones as well. I take Xeloda (oral chemo), get the Xgeva shot (bone hardener), and radiation will be last resort. I'm very glad you found this site and I know you will get tons of support here.
    Miles of Love and Big Cyber Hugs,
    ~Kari
  • aysemari
    aysemari Member Posts: 1,596 Member
    Enni
    let's focus on the positive as much as you can. Your tumor markers are going
    down, that's huuuuge.

But I can understand your fear and know that it is not healthy for you to be in
    that state of mind. You are fighting it with all you can and that is all you can do.
    Try to calm yourself down and do pleasant things to take your mind off the fear.
    Come talk to us any time you need to. And let the healing begin.

Biiiiig hugs,
    Ayse
  • Marsha Mulvey
    Marsha Mulvey Member Posts: 597 Member

So sorry to hear you are
    So sorry to hear you are going through this. I'm 39 (37 with original dx) and my cancer is back in my bones as well. I take Xeloda (oral chemo), get the Xgeva shot (bone hardener), and radiation will be last resort. I'm very glad you found this site and I know you will get tons of support here.
    Miles of Love and Big Cyber Hugs,
    ~Kari

no words of wisdom
    I have no real words of wisdom but just wanted to wish you all the best. Like Carol, I get Zometa monthly for the bone mets. For a year now it (in combination with chemo) has held all the spots in my bones stable, no growth and no spread. Stay strong and keep your courage up. God bless. Marsha
  • BioAdoptMom3
    BioAdoptMom3 Member Posts: 43
    No words of wisdom, but
    No words of wisdom, but please know we are here for you and you are in my prayers. This is a warm and caring place and I know you will find a lot of support here.

Nancy
  • Texasgirl10
    Texasgirl10 Member Posts: 668

No words of wisdom, but
    No words of wisdom, but please know we are here for you and you are in my prayers. This is a warm and caring place and I know you will find a lot of support here.

Nancy

I am so sorry
    I am so sorry that you are going through this. I will be praying for you. Please keep us posted on how you are doing.

Hugs,

Dawne
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    ennie_1, I'm praying for you.
    I pray your markers continue to drop and your back DOES heal! Breathe in and absorb the positive words and try not to give negativity power over you.

We're here for you.

Hugs,

Sylvia
  • ladyg
    ladyg Member Posts: 1,577
    I don't know
    what to say except that I am sorry you are going through this. I will keep you in my thoughts.

Hugs,
    Georgia
  • NJMom10
    NJMom10 Member Posts: 176
    You are young
    You are young and strong and I think your oncologist is right...your bones can heal. It's tough that you got this at a young age but also better for you to fight it with. It is scary, but I can hear in your words that you are strong and fighting it. Good Luck!