Blurry vision

Katmy
Katmy Member Posts: 93
Does anyone experience blurry vision? I started Tax/Cyt on 1 March and my eyes do not focus well enough to read for long. Does this side effect get worse with each treatment? Reading was my refuge; not any more.

Comments

• carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    This happened to me. I had
    This happened to me. I had an eye exam and my vision had not changed. However my eyes were very dry. so using the eye drops 3 times a day really helped. Ultimately my near vision did need a new prescription, but that may have happened anyway.
  • sweetvickid
    sweetvickid Member Posts: 459 Member
    me too
    It got worse but once I finished it started to clear up. I was like you I thought now I can catch up on my reading.
  • Texasgirl10
    Texasgirl10 Member Posts: 668

me too
    It got worse but once I finished it started to clear up. I was like you I thought now I can catch up on my reading.

Me too
    Since I've started chemo my vision has been blurry and my eyes water all of the time. My last chemo is on Thursday so I'm hoping this problem will clear up quickly.
  • PinkPearl
    PinkPearl Member Posts: 280
    Same here
    It sort of comes and goes. I can read but not for too long or sometimes just to get focused takes a few blinks or more. It is frustrating. I was trying to thread a needle and it took a zillion tries: then later did it right away. For me it doesn't seem to get worse with each treatment and I just had number #3 but does persist.
  • dbhadra
    dbhadra Member Posts: 344 Member
    PinkPearl said:

Same here
    It sort of comes and goes. I can read but not for too long or sometimes just to get focused takes a few blinks or more. It is frustrating. I was trying to thread a needle and it took a zillion tries: then later did it right away. For me it doesn't seem to get worse with each treatment and I just had number #3 but does persist.

yes, blurry with Taxol
    In fact right now I am typing and closing one eye to get focus; my left eye is Ok right now but my right eye is very blurred...got a new prescription for glasses and keep switching my contacts around as needed for slightly different strengths.

Laura
  • cavediver
    cavediver Member Posts: 607
    blurry vision nearly scared
    blurry vision nearly scared me to death the first time it occurred while I was shopping in food store. Made appt. with eye dr. and found out that the vision was ok, but the eyes were what he called 'bone' dry! He gave me drops to use during the day, and then an ointment to put in overnight. It helped....but eyes continued to be very dry until the chemo ended. Then, I did have a vision change requiring new glasses. Good luck with your treatments. Hugs
  • Katmy
    Katmy Member Posts: 93
    Thank you all for responding
    Thank you all for responding and giving advice. I went and bought some eye drops. They do seem to help. This site has been so helpful to me.

Thanks!
  • NJMom10
    NJMom10 Member Posts: 176
    Katmy said:

Thank you all for responding
    Thank you all for responding and giving advice. I went and bought some eye drops. They do seem to help. This site has been so helpful to me.

Thanks!

Eye drops helped me a lot
    I suffered from blurry vision and severe dry eye all during chemo and after. I was worried that it had to do with the cancer so I just mentioned it a few times and when the onc wasn't worried I just figured it would clear up on it's own. Well it didn't. So I went to my eye doctor who said I had severe dry eye and to use eye drops every hour for a week and then every 2 hours after that. He said using the drops only a few times a day doesn't really do anything. I started this routine last week and everything cleared up! Hope this helps.
  • Lynn Smith
    Lynn Smith Member Posts: 1,264 Member
    NJMom10 said:

Eye drops helped me a lot
    I suffered from blurry vision and severe dry eye all during chemo and after. I was worried that it had to do with the cancer so I just mentioned it a few times and when the onc wasn't worried I just figured it would clear up on it's own. Well it didn't. So I went to my eye doctor who said I had severe dry eye and to use eye drops every hour for a week and then every 2 hours after that. He said using the drops only a few times a day doesn't really do anything. I started this routine last week and everything cleared up! Hope this helps.

Eye problems
    I didn't need chemo but have eye problems from Tamoxifn.

One evening things went crazy.I kept seeing light flashes to the side of my eye.I told my husband to get the lightning bug out of my hair.Nothing there.I kept telling him something is there.Nothing.It was so scary.It was sudden and I was baffled.

Finally I insisted on going to ER. Was given a eye exam.Things looked good but told to go to my eye doctor.Made a appt with him.Eyes checked out fine for vision but I had a cataract.I was upset thinking surgery for this now.He said NO we will watch it and it is very very small but my tamoxfin causes them. Told me I am not to go off it because body over eyes.I also have a floater which drives me crazy.I turn my head to the right and see the itty bitty thing floating.Same eye I have the cataract.I had only been on tamoxifin maybe 6 months before a floater and cataract.Symptons happened in a instant. It was very scary and bothersome.

Lynn Smith