new microcalcification found on mammogram,

she21
she21 Member Posts: 6
was called for a recall, tech showed me the spot, i have implants, they took two more views of Rt breast and then told me to wait in the room, radiologist appeared and said you need to be biopsied. I asked why and he said because it is a new spot on mammo. I asked the nurse what happens now, I am scheduled for sterotatic biopsy, vacumm, scared to death about the whole thing and afraid implant will rupture. The tech said i knew he was going to biospy, then informs me they will place titanium markers. Now I am thinking well this lady tech sees a lot of breasts, perhaps she also thinks it is cancer, now i am scared.

Comments

• Bella Luna
    Bella Luna Member Posts: 1,578 Member
    Take a deep breath and
    Take a deep breath and breathe. One step at a time.

Don't let you mind runaway with unending scenarios, microcalcifications don't automatically mean cancer. The biopsy will say more about the matter. Hang in there and keep busy til then. I am sure the medical staff are very familiar with patients with your circumstances( biopsy and implants). Will keep you in prayer.

Take care, God bless.
    BL
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member

Take a deep breath and

Don't let you mind runaway with unending scenarios, microcalcifications don't automatically mean cancer. The biopsy will say more about the matter. Hang in there and keep busy til then. I am sure the medical staff are very familiar with patients with your circumstances( biopsy and implants). Will keep you in prayer.

Take care, God bless.
    BL

Try not to imagine the worst
    They have to be thorough and biopsy these changes--most times they are benign. Try to stay positive, get your biopsy done knowing they have done many of these before with implants and go from there. Whatever the outcome (and I'm thinking it will be good), you can get through this and move on.

Positive energy, strength and hugs,
    Renee
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991

Take a deep breath and

Take care, God bless.
    BL

I am so sorry, but, like BL
    I am so sorry, but, like BL said, this doesn't necessarily mean bc. Wishing you good luck and please let us know when you find out something.

Hugs, Angie
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Angie2U said:

I am so sorry, but, like BL
    I am so sorry, but, like BL said, this doesn't necessarily mean bc. Wishing you good luck and please let us know when you find out something.

Hugs, Angie

Praying that your biopsy
    Praying that your biopsy will prove to be benign!

Sue :)
  • Different Ballgame
    Different Ballgame Member Posts: 868
    I am curious
    If you have implants, what made them decide to do a mamo?

Calcification is a speck as far as size. Most calcifications are benign. The marker needs to be inserted in case the calcification is not benign.. The marker marks the location where the calcification was located and removed.

Think positive thoughts. I am wishing you the best.

Lots of Hugs,
    Janelle
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member

I am curious
    If you have implants, what made them decide to do a mamo?

Calcification is a speck as far as size. Most calcifications are benign. The marker needs to be inserted in case the calcification is not benign.. The marker marks the location where the calcification was located and removed.

Think positive thoughts. I am wishing you the best.

Lots of Hugs,
    Janelle

Wishing you the best too.
    Wishing you the best too.

Hugs, Noel
  • she21
    she21 Member Posts: 6
    failed sterotactic biopsy
    Well, the images were taken and the freezing was put in and then the red light appeared on the firing gun for the sample to be taken. Was told needle was too big and spot too small, now looking at excisional biopsy by surgeon. I can do this or wait and go for mammograms every six months for two years, if no change then apparently i am in the clear.

Boy, my neves are rattled. Not sure what to do, tech said she has been in the business for 30 years and suggested to get it all out now by surgeon, sounded even more suspicious, well, i looked myself at the mammogram and in between a circle of microcalcifications are odd looking cells also, the tip of the cell looks sharp. Anybody have any ideas or similar stories. I am very confused.
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    I know it's hard
    but try not to fear the unknown. I had a stereostatic biopsy and a metal chip was inserted. I did not have calcifications but instead had Lobular Carcinoma In Situ. I had bc in the other breast. Since I had bilateral mastectomy I will be having an xray of my chest in June. Take a deep breath and be assured that the radiologist is recommending this test to find out what it is. After you get the results, then you can talk with your dr and decide what needs to be done. I'm wishing you a positive outcome.
    {{hugs}} Char