follow up with surgeons

disneyfan2008
disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
I thought once I had surgery post check up that was it. When I went back (3 yrs ago this month) I was told "HE" was leaving the area. I was referred to another Dr Office-I saw that dr one time and never told to go back etc.

HOW many see surgeon afterwards? Like oncologist appts?

just curious

Comments

• Boppy_of_6
    Boppy_of_6 Member Posts: 1,138
    Just once
    I have only seen my surgeon one time since my lumpectomy. I had a follw up 1 wk. after surgery and have only seen my Onc. since then. I see him every 3 month for another year. God Bless
    (((hugs))) Janice
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member

Just once
    I have only seen my surgeon one time since my lumpectomy. I had a follw up 1 wk. after surgery and have only seen my Onc. since then. I see him every 3 month for another year. God Bless
    (((hugs))) Janice

@Janice
    Thanks for info..I kind of thought only 1 maybe 2 x...but wasnt' sure. JUST with my dr leaving as soon AS I had my surgery-I was not sure , not much info given to me...just I am leaving..here's a dr #

I am now up to each 4mths for my 2 oncologists...YIPPPEEE month long then for past 3 yrs...but sooner or later...annually...right?

thanks..

Denise
  • peanut1234
    peanut1234 Member Posts: 3
    surgeon
    Not doing recommended R , surgeon following me. Have mammogram at 6 months
  • Lynn Smith
    Lynn Smith Member Posts: 1,264 Member

surgeon
    Not doing recommended R , surgeon following me. Have mammogram at 6 months

The first year after surgery
    The first year after breast cancer surgery I went every 3 months to surgeon and oncologist.Second year every 6 months.This year it will be 2 years and then it will be every year for mammo and then back to the surgeon for results of that test.

I know the routine since i've had benign tumors since I was 20.If one was found I did the same routine all these years. The bombshell(cancer) hit me at 62.

Lynn Smith
  • Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member

The first year after surgery
    The first year after breast cancer surgery I went every 3 months to surgeon and oncologist.Second year every 6 months.This year it will be 2 years and then it will be every year for mammo and then back to the surgeon for results of that test.

I know the routine since i've had benign tumors since I was 20.If one was found I did the same routine all these years. The bombshell(cancer) hit me at 62.

Lynn Smith

Every 6 months
    Dang, I just wrote a response, hit post comment, and it disappeared.

My surgery (partial mastectomy with oncoplasty) was May, 2010. I see my breast surgeon every 6 months. He's in charge of breast exams (medical oncologist has never examined me), and mammograms. I finished treatments (chemo and radiation) in early December and started Arimidex in mid December. I see the medical oncologist every 4 months. She will monitor blood work and medications. What surprised me most is that I'll see the radiation oncologist every 4 months. Still haven't figured that one out. When I asked about it, she told me she likes to follow her patients. Ok.

Lynn, the bombshells hit me at 62, too.

Suzanne