I need a biopsy.....

2»

Comments

• DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    fauxma said:

The other gals have given
    The other gals have given you great advice and described the biopsy procedures very well. I wanted to address your concerns about telling your mom. First, I wouldn't say anything until you have a diagnosis. No sense in both of you worrying right now. If, and I hope that it isn't, you do have breast cancer then you will need to tell her. Just after I was diagnosed I was sent to a breast cancer nurse who goes over everything in general with you. When I left her office and was getting on the elevator a young woman stopped me and asked me if I had breast cancer. I was taken aback but realized that she saw I was carrying pamphlets from my visit. i saw that she had them also. She asked if I had told my family and I said yes. She started to cry and said that she hadn't told her family yet and that her mom was going through treatment for breast cancer herself. She just didn't know what to aay and asked what I would do. I told her that I would sit down with my mom and tell her that I had learned so much from her strength and guidance in every thing in my life and especially now that she was going through treatment. Then I would gently tell her that I would be sharing her journey and that I would be able to use all that I had learned from her to fight my battle. I would tell her that I would fight it with every ounce of my being. Then I would hug her, hold her and tell her how very much I loved her. She gave me a big hug and said that was how she would tell her mom. Now this may not work for everyone but it is a suggestion. It's hard when you are the strong one, the one others lean on to ask for support. But reach out to friends, co-workers, family and ask for help if you need it. As far as the person you are dating leaving you if you are sick, if he does then he wouldn't be the person you would really want in your life. I hope that you do not have cancer and will keep you in my prayers. We have other ladies who are sharing this journey with their moms and maybe they have better ways to tell yours. My sister was diagnosed with breast cancer a few months before me. Since I have had other cancers it was not so difficult to tell her and she didn't worry about me because she had already seen me fight cancer before.
    Good thoughts and gentle hugs to you and your mom.
    Stef

Prayers and good luck today
    Prayers and good luck today to you Yessy!
  • yv1214
    yv1214 Member Posts: 72
    jnl said:

Sending hugs and good luck
    Sending hugs and good luck for tomorrow!

Leeza

Sorry it took me a while.....
    To respond but my mom has been in the hospital since Thursday and I haven't had much chance to get on the internet till now. She's feeling better now, but she was there for in patient treatment and physical therapy due to a pain in her arms that she can barely move for the past week. Lots of stuff going on as usual.

So here's my update as you know I was scheduled to get the test done on Friday and it wasn't that bad. I'm a bit sore but that was to be expected. Unfortunately they had to do it twice on the same breast because my breast mri shows that I have two lumps in my breast not one like they previously thought.

As you can imagine that totally threw me for another loop that I hadn't been expecting. Then again I feel that lately I've been living so many life altering events that what would be to add one more for drama. The doctor told me that pathology report comes back either today Monday or Tuesday since they were putting a rush on it due to my family history.

My mom has always told me that God doesn't give us more than we can handle. So with that in mind I know that this too shall pass and all will be alright in the end.
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    yv1214 said:

Sorry it took me a while.....
    To respond but my mom has been in the hospital since Thursday and I haven't had much chance to get on the internet till now. She's feeling better now, but she was there for in patient treatment and physical therapy due to a pain in her arms that she can barely move for the past week. Lots of stuff going on as usual.

So here's my update as you know I was scheduled to get the test done on Friday and it wasn't that bad. I'm a bit sore but that was to be expected. Unfortunately they had to do it twice on the same breast because my breast mri shows that I have two lumps in my breast not one like they previously thought.

As you can imagine that totally threw me for another loop that I hadn't been expecting. Then again I feel that lately I've been living so many life altering events that what would be to add one more for drama. The doctor told me that pathology report comes back either today Monday or Tuesday since they were putting a rush on it due to my family history.

My mom has always told me that God doesn't give us more than we can handle. So with that in mind I know that this too shall pass and all will be alright in the end.

Praying for you and will be
    Praying for you and will be looking for your path test results.

Sue :)
  • yv1214
    Ritzy said:

Praying for you and will be
    Praying for you and will be looking for your path test results.

Sue :)

Benign....
    OMG! I just received my path results and the results are benign....I am sooo happy not to mentioned relieved. I do know that I still have to be vigilant and keep up with constant checkups but right now I am utterly grateful and happy for these results. Thank you all for your good positive thoughts. I really appreciated the support while dealing with this on top of all else that is going on in my house.

You ladies are all so wonderful and full of inspiration. I knew that no matter what the results were I was going to be in the group that no one wants to be in, but with the best companions you could ever want or need.

Lots of hugs to you all!!!
  • 1acme
    1acme Member Posts: 77
    Bagels Story :o)
    Hi Yessy

I had my Core Biopsy done in February, guided thru ultrasound.

Well ....
    3 samples from Right Breast Lump ... very painful (malignant)
    3 samples from Centennial node right side ... also very painful (malignant)
    2 samples taken from Left breast lump ... did not feel much (begin)
    2 sample from left breast lower ... easy (being)

Well it was very painful. I was sore and in pain quite a bit all day, BUT evening I went to work as usually :o)
    Just took some Advil to help me manage pain.

FUNNY thing was that I got also 2 BAGELS ... yes Bagels from bakery and stuffed them UNDER my Bullet Prove Vest. (I am an enforcement officer required wear vest & tools on me) .

HA HA HA, you should see my colleagues faces when I was telling them story WHY I have two BAGELS peeking out under my vest :o)

We had so much fun, that almost made me forget my soreness & pain.

Take care

Helen
  • Katz77
    Katz77 Member Posts: 598
    yv1214 said:

Benign....
    OMG! I just received my path results and the results are benign....I am sooo happy not to mentioned relieved. I do know that I still have to be vigilant and keep up with constant checkups but right now I am utterly grateful and happy for these results. Thank you all for your good positive thoughts. I really appreciated the support while dealing with this on top of all else that is going on in my house.

You ladies are all so wonderful and full of inspiration. I knew that no matter what the results were I was going to be in the group that no one wants to be in, but with the best companions you could ever want or need.

yabba, dabba, doooo
    So grateful you dont have cancer!!! Like you said, keep a vigiliant watch. Thats sooo great.
    Hows your mom doing? I might have missed something. You told your sis, did you tell your mom about your tests? Praying for you for strenghth, and for your mom for comfort and no pain. Katz
  • yv1214
    1acme said:

Bagels Story :o)
    Hi Yessy

I had my Core Biopsy done in February, guided thru ultrasound.

Well ....
    3 samples from Right Breast Lump ... very painful (malignant)
    3 samples from Centennial node right side ... also very painful (malignant)
    2 samples taken from Left breast lump ... did not feel much (begin)
    2 sample from left breast lower ... easy (being)

Well it was very painful. I was sore and in pain quite a bit all day, BUT evening I went to work as usually :o)
    Just took some Advil to help me manage pain.

FUNNY thing was that I got also 2 BAGELS ... yes Bagels from bakery and stuffed them UNDER my Bullet Prove Vest. (I am an enforcement officer required wear vest & tools on me) .

HA HA HA, you should see my colleagues faces when I was telling them story WHY I have two BAGELS peeking out under my vest :o)

We had so much fun, that almost made me forget my soreness & pain.

Take care

Helen

Thanks ladies....
    Helen, thank you so much for the great post although part of it is bad news that some of your samples are malignants but the bagel part of it was just hysterical. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Katz - Yes, I did tell my sister and my closests friends. There is nothing new to report on my mom except that she is currently in good spirits and that is always blessing. I am going today to meet the breast doctor to go through next steps. I will definitely keep you posted.

Big hugs to you both.

Yessy
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    yv1214 said:

Benign....

Congrats on benign! Very
    Congrats on benign! Very happy for you!

Hugs, Angie
  • BioAdoptMom3
    BioAdoptMom3 Member Posts: 43
    ((((HUGS)))) to you! It
    ((((HUGS)))) to you! It sounds like you are under incredible stress! I am so sorry to hear about your mom's diagnosis, and now your cancer scare! Keep in mind though, even with a family history, and even though this is easier for me to say, most breast masses are benign. The odds really are still in your favor. As for the biopsy, I have had 5 and didn't think any were all that bad, and this is coming from a total wimp about medical procedures. The numbing part and the pressure they have to put on the site afterwards is the worst, and even that isn't as bad as it sounds. There is usually not too much pain afterwards which cannot be controlled by Tylenol. Just be sure to take it the first day every four hours before the pain actually starts. You should be able to work out by about 3 or 4 days afterwards, depending upon how sore you are. I was working out six days after my lumpectomy and node dissection and three days after my re-excision last week. My prayers will be with you for B9 biopsy results!

Nancy
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    yv1214 said:

Thanks ladies....
    Helen, thank you so much for the great post although part of it is bad news that some of your samples are malignants but the bagel part of it was just hysterical. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Katz - Yes, I did tell my sister and my closests friends. There is nothing new to report on my mom except that she is currently in good spirits and that is always blessing. I am going today to meet the breast doctor to go through next steps. I will definitely keep you posted.

Big hugs to you both.

Yessy

Congrats Yessy on your good
    Congrats Yessy on your good news! Very happy for you!

Hugs, Debby
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    yv1214 said:

Benign....

Sending prayers and positive
    Sending prayers and positive thoughts for your Mother and big congrats to you!

Hugs, Diane