Calling all Northeast U.S. girls

Jean 0609
Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
Lili and I are looking into going to the Hershey Spa in Hershey, Pennsylvania sometime in October. Just need to get an estimate of who is interested in going. I am waiting to get the lodging prices for October. We were thinking about June, but the prices are more expensive then. I have spoke to the spa manager and told her we are planning a breast cancer survivor reunion. She is also working on a discount for us for the spa.

If interested, let me know. You can also private message me your e-mail address and I will forward the information when I get it.

I am so excited......a chocolate massage or facial sounds yummy!

xoxo,
Jean

Comments

• disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    wow have always wanted to go to Hershey
    AND in my 51 yrs I have not gone yet...

what kind of spa...never heard of that there...sounds wonderful..

i'll be checking back in..I LIVE IN NYS
  • sbmly53
    sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
    Jean - I would love to do this -
    It's hard to say for absolutely certain - aging parents, retiring hubby, etc - but! I am less than 4 hours from Hershey, so it's doable travelwise.

Keep me posted.

Sue
  • linpsu
    linpsu Member Posts: 747
    Count me in!
    Jean - since I live fairly close to Hershey, I will definitely be there!
    Linda
  • aysemari
    aysemari Member Posts: 1,596 Member
    Jean
    I am just crowding your blog but what can I say, I am jealous

Hugs,
    Ayse
  • Hippiechick58
    Hippiechick58 Member Posts: 320
    aysemari said:

Jean
    I am just crowding your blog but what can I say, I am jealous

Hugs,
    Ayse

Jean, I would love to go but
    Jean, I would love to go but my husband is taking me on a cruise to the Panama Canal.Have a great time

Dianne
  • padee6339
    padee6339 Member Posts: 763
    WOW
    Let me know how much and I'll see if I can swing it. For how long? A long weekend? Can't get a chocolate facial, I'd be trying to lick it off and my tongue would hurt.
    LOLOLOLOL
    Pat
  • Jean 0609
    Chocolate spa
    Ayse, don't be jealous. We can do this again whenever you get back to NY. Hershey isn't that far from NY.

Disneyfan, they have a spa at the Hershey Hotel. From what I understand, they have chocolate massages, facials, etc.

The manager from the spa is sending me some brochures and I can send them out to whoever would like one.

♥ Jean
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Jean
    Sounds like fun! I am going on my very first weekend scrapbooking at the Cape the first weekend in October. I'm interested in the spa too as I've never been to one. We took our kids to Hershey many years ago and I have a friend that lives in Carlisle, not too far from Hershey. If I don't drive it, I might take the train. I pm'd you my address. This is a new pic. Unflattering for sure with only a little white hair and I'm at my heaviest. I'm holding a Jim Shore piece called "sisters".
    Char
  • shelbyhome
    shelbyhome Member Posts: 145
    Sounds like a great time, I
    Sounds like a great time, I may be able to make it... I will keep looking on here for more info!
  • Marlene_K
    Marlene_K Member Posts: 508
    AWESOME!
    Jean, this sounds absolutely wonderful! I'm assuming it would be just us ladies? No kids? Keep me informed, Jean. I would love to make this work!

Pat, you're so funny! Yea, I think it might be hard to contain the tongue with chocolate all over us, huh? ~Mar
  • skipper54
    skipper54 Member Posts: 936 Member
    definately interested
    Count me in depending on date. I"m to have reconstruction somewhere around the end of Sept. beginning of Oct. but would be interested. I only live about 2 hours away. I have promised myself a spa weekend when treatments are over and I'm better healed so the timing would be right.
  • 1acme
    1acme Member Posts: 77
    anybody for Car pool (Toronto, Niagara Falls or Buffalo)
    That's an excellent idea.
    I AM IN :o)

I am from TORONTO so it will be about 8 hrs drive, but I do not mind driving.

I can pick anybody from NIAGARA FALLS or BUFFALO area or around I-390 S or US-15.
    Just let me know.
    Thanks for organizing :o)

Helen
  • Dot53
    Dot53 Member Posts: 239 Member
    1acme said:

anybody for Car pool (Toronto, Niagara Falls or Buffalo)
    That's an excellent idea.
    I AM IN :o)

I am from TORONTO so it will be about 8 hrs drive, but I do not mind driving.

I can pick anybody from NIAGARA FALLS or BUFFALO area or around I-390 S or US-15.
    Just let me know.
    Thanks for organizing :o)

Helen

Helen
    I am from Niagara Falls, NY - not sure where these roads are you speak of... is it possible you mean the 290 or the 190 S? Once the girls figure out when they are going I will decide if I can swing it..

Best,
    Dot
  • waffle8
    waffle8 Member Posts: 234
    Dot53 said:

Helen
    I am from Niagara Falls, NY - not sure where these roads are you speak of... is it possible you mean the 290 or the 190 S? Once the girls figure out when they are going I will decide if I can swing it..

Best,
    Dot

Hersey
    I love it there..Been awhile and I am always up for a spa visit.Please keep me updated.
    Thanks!
  • 1acme
    1acme Member Posts: 77
    Dot53 said:

Helen

Best,
    Dot

Hi Dot53 from NF
    Hi

It looks like you are my closest Pink Sister". Well I am almost every week or so here as my boyfriend live in Ransomville, so I am coming to pay him visit between my treatments and he sometimes babysit my cats.

Yes you are right, that's typo. But we can certainly carpool if you like. Let me know later if you are interested.

Take care
    Helen
  • tommaseena
    tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769
    1acme said:

Hi Dot53 from NF
    Hi

It looks like you are my closest Pink Sister". Well I am almost every week or so here as my boyfriend live in Ransomville, so I am coming to pay him visit between my treatments and he sometimes babysit my cats.

Yes you are right, that's typo. But we can certainly carpool if you like. Let me know later if you are interested.

Take care
    Helen

from Maine
    Hi--I'm from Maine
    I might be interested in a weekend get away with some fantastic pink ladies.

Margo
  • lovs2decorate
    lovs2decorate Member Posts: 44
    Ooooo sounds yummy!! I mean relaxing!
    Hi Jean,

I live about in New Jersey, about 1 1/2 hours away from Hershey. Would love to meet up with everyone. Please let me know the particulars as the information becomes available.

Thank you!

Justine
  • Jean 0609
    Update
    Lili and I are looking at Saturday, October 29th. The Hershey Hotel (where the spa is located) is very expensive. They gave me a group rate of $299 a night plus tax. The Hampton Inn (6 miles away) gave me a group rate of $125.00 plus tax. If we double up, we could cut the room cost. Plus we thought we would rather spend the money on the spa and a nice dinner together than the expensive hotel room.

The manager at the Spa said she could offer us a discount, but couldn't give me actual costs until later. I do have a few brochures left if you would like me to send you one.

Give you me thoughts.

xoxo,
    Jean
  • Jean 0609
    waffle8 said:

Hersey
    I love it there..Been awhile and I am always up for a spa visit.Please keep me updated.
    Thanks!

Hey waffle8
    We've missed you on here. Hope you can make it!! ♥
  • sbmly53
    sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
    Jean 0609 said:

Update
    Lili and I are looking at Saturday, October 29th. The Hershey Hotel (where the spa is located) is very expensive. They gave me a group rate of $299 a night plus tax. The Hampton Inn (6 miles away) gave me a group rate of $125.00 plus tax. If we double up, we could cut the room cost. Plus we thought we would rather spend the money on the spa and a nice dinner together than the expensive hotel room.

The manager at the Spa said she could offer us a discount, but couldn't give me actual costs until later. I do have a few brochures left if you would like me to send you one.

Give you me thoughts.

xoxo,
    Jean

Jean
    I'm sure that weekend would work for me. Hubby actually retires then and he is my driver for long trips. I think it's about 4 hours. I opt for the Hampton (can't double up - will have hubby, but he will not be included in any of our stuff!)

Please send a brochure - I'll copy it and send it to someone else.

Also, I have invited Ayse to stay with us when she gets to NY (even tho I'm 3.5 hrs from the Big Apple) so....

Sue