Going to Look Good Feel Better tonight!

camul
camul Member Posts: 2,537
Can't believe how excited I am to go! I have never even worn much makeup but have noticed how washed out I am without mascara! And at 53, I am getting chemo acne! Thanks to everyone who mentioned this!

~Carol

Comments

• Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    Great!
    Great - you'll have a fantastic time - and get a lot of 'goodies'.

Susan
  • pinkflutterby
    pinkflutterby Member Posts: 615 Member
    I went Monday it was SO MUCH
    I went Monday it was SO MUCH FUN!! I got some wonderful products and really good make up tips. Also a cute hat and an ugly scarf LOL but it was really really fun!!! You will LOVE it. FYI: wear no make up
  • Rague

I went Monday it was SO MUCH
    I went Monday it was SO MUCH FUN!! I got some wonderful products and really good make up tips. Also a cute hat and an ugly scarf LOL but it was really really fun!!! You will LOVE it. FYI: wear no make up

Wearing makeup to the ones I
    Wearing makeup to the ones I went to was not an issue - warm damp wash cloths were given along with the cleanser in the bag.
  • camul
    Rague said:

Wearing makeup to the ones I
    Wearing makeup to the ones I went to was not an issue - warm damp wash cloths were given along with the cleanser in the bag.

I will be sure to go with a
    I will be sure to go with a naked face! lol
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    that's what is' all about
    Feeling better...

Happy for you...

I have only warn make up 2 x...in 51 yrs...
  • pokrydi
    pokrydi Member Posts: 99

that's what is' all about
    Feeling better...

Happy for you...

I have only warn make up 2 x...in 51 yrs...

I just went this week it was
    I just went this week it was nice got lots of goodies and I am getting the chemo acne as well. I enjoyed talking with other people going thru same thing
  • Mitzi333
    Mitzi333 Member Posts: 511 Member
    pokrydi said:

I just went this week it was
    I just went this week it was nice got lots of goodies and I am getting the chemo acne as well. I enjoyed talking with other people going thru same thing

Sounds Fun!!!
    Did they go over putting on eyebrows?

Thanks!!!
    Mitzi ;0)
  • Rague
    Mitzi333 said:

Sounds Fun!!!
    Did they go over putting on eyebrows?

Thanks!!!
    Mitzi ;0)

The ones I went to did but
    The ones I went to did but my brows don't follow what they say they do. Fortunately, I didn't loose all brows during A/C so I started learning where mine went by feel but on Taxol they all left - so for me it was using feel - we are all at least a bit different.

Susan
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Carol
    I went to one and received many tips and lots of goodies. ACS even gave a free wig to anyone who wanted one. Enjoy the program.
    Char
  • Mitzi333
    Mitzi333 Member Posts: 511 Member
    Rague said:

The ones I went to did but
    The ones I went to did but my brows don't follow what they say they do. Fortunately, I didn't loose all brows during A/C so I started learning where mine went by feel but on Taxol they all left - so for me it was using feel - we are all at least a bit different.

Susan

Thank Susan....
    I'm going to the class in April. Looking forward to it.

Mitzi ;0)
  • shelbyhome
    shelbyhome Member Posts: 145
    I went last month and I got
    I went last month and I got so many great name things, you will love it!
  • aysemari
    aysemari Member Posts: 1,596 Member
    And??
    You HAVE to report back to us. Tell us just how many heads did you turn
    on the way back?

Hugs,
    Ayse
  • Mothercrone
    Mothercrone Member Posts: 28
    aysemari said:

And??
    You HAVE to report back to us. Tell us just how many heads did you turn
    on the way back?

Hugs,
    Ayse

I wish We had Them
    I wish we had them in our area. We used to and then when I inquired I was told they were no longer available in my area.

Enjoy every moment of Look Good and yes, report back! How exciting...
  • Lynn Smith
    Lynn Smith Member Posts: 1,264 Member

I wish We had Them
    I wish we had them in our area. We used to and then when I inquired I was told they were no longer available in my area.

Mothercrone
    Maybe you can find a place near you.Like in another county.Not sure we have one either but if not I suggest going to a neighboring county.

I didn't need chemo but sounds like these ladies had such a good time and I would hate for you to miss out on the fun and feeling better about yourself.

Lynn Smith
  • Rague

I wish We had Them

Check with the BC Navigator
    Check with the BC Navigator at the Cancer Center you are going through - the ones I went to were there.
  • camul
    Checking back in
    Yes, they did teach how to do the eyebrows and I have actually been doing them, and they look pretty good! The best for me was I didn't lose all (but most) of my eyelashes on the top lid, but did lose them on the bottom. So she was able to show me how to do a light application of eyeliner which fills in the missing on the top, and gives the bottom of my eye some definition. I have a light pinky complexion (Irish), and my eyes looked so washed out. Now I don't feel like I look sickly:)

It was a lot of fun! I followed it up by contacting the Cancer Wellness House and signing up for Mediation and Gentle Yoga every Monday and Thursday, and they scheduled a theraputic massage for the 29th. There is no charge for any of this. I don't do well with pain meds and they believe that the meditation will help to manage the bone pain.

I am really excited about all of this, and am thrilled that so many people are willing to give of their time and talents to help all of us.

Amazing people and I am so thankful.
    ~Carol