Results of my CT Scan today (Letter too)

Christine B.
Christine B. Member Posts: 137
Hello,
I saw the GYN/ONC today and he gave me the results of my CT scan. Not the best news I could have gotten like remission, but close to it. My CA 125 is now 22.7, physical exam was clear, some small tumors in the abdomen. He said that if it were him, he would give my body a rest from the chemo (I had six rounds carbo/taxol) and then check in three months. If the numbers go up then chemo again. I saw the chemo doctor also and he agreed. I'll see him at the end of May and have all the blood tests done. Both said another surgery would be very invasive and perhaps do more harm than good. Maybe a surgery to reverse the colostomy is in the future when I'm stronger. I had wished for remission, but close to it and a goal of stabilizing it is a lot better than where I was six months ago, nearly dying from an intestinal blocakge. Physically I feel well and that's a good thing.

The GYN/ONC wrote the letter for me for disability retirement. It was not as I had dreaded it would be. He said to us that no one can give a prognosis in time to live, he wrote that the prognosis is guarded and that I would need ongoing surveillance and treatment.

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers. Christine

Comments

• zinaida
    zinaida Member Posts: 221
    Dear Christine! I hope your
    Dear Christine! I hope your numbers will be good at the end of May too and you will have nice Spring and Summer and may be more seasons of the year this way.I hade my CA125 around 25 in June,2010 (after 8 cycles of carbo/gemzar for my first recurrency) and Doctor give me 3 month breack. My numbers was "OK" at 3 month check up and than after another 3 month numbers did go up, and I am again an chemo. But 6 month of breack for me was wonderfull. What I trying say to you. Injoy your breack, try not to remmember about the monster.I wish you the best,hugs, Zina.
  • azgrandma
    azgrandma Member Posts: 609 Member
    zinaida said:

Dear Christine! I hope your
    Dear Christine! I hope your numbers will be good at the end of May too and you will have nice Spring and Summer and may be more seasons of the year this way.I hade my CA125 around 25 in June,2010 (after 8 cycles of carbo/gemzar for my first recurrency) and Doctor give me 3 month breack. My numbers was "OK" at 3 month check up and than after another 3 month numbers did go up, and I am again an chemo. But 6 month of breack for me was wonderfull. What I trying say to you. Injoy your breack, try not to remmember about the monster.I wish you the best,hugs, Zina.

hello
    22 is still a great number, Lets all pray your numbers stay low
    God Bless you
  • LaundryQueen
    LaundryQueen Member Posts: 676
    azgrandma said:

hello
    22 is still a great number, Lets all pray your numbers stay low
    God Bless you

Letter for disability
    Christine

Sounds like you have a compassionate doctor--after all, he had to write SOMETHING that would qualify you for disability.