Cost of Femara

Chickadee1955
Chickadee1955 Member Posts: 356 Member
OMG-

When I went on Femara last Fall I didn't have to pay anything for the Rx since I had max'd out my deductibles and out of pocket for the year. Imagine my shock when I got my Rx automatically refilled for a 3 month supply and was charged $931 on my charge card!!!

Just to add insult to injury, my Onc may be switching my meds next visit. No returning the unopened package, either--tried that just in case my med gets changed. If she does switch me to Tamoxifen or something else, perhaps I can donate the meds to my cancer center.

Oh, well, that will teach me to not pay attention to those little emails from Caremark about having a Rx ready for auto-refill. I discontinued that little service immediately!
Ouch!!

Chickadee

Comments

• Jean 0609
    Jean 0609 Member Posts: 2,462
    Hey Chickadee,
    I had sticker shock too when I first had my Femara filled. I posted before, if you go to www.femara.com, you can print a coupon to pay just $10. They pay up to $800 a year. Hope this helps.

xoxo,
    Jean
  • Katmy
    Katmy Member Posts: 93
    good information to know. I
    good information to know. I was asked if I wanted auto refill. I said no, and now I can see a good reason why. Ouch. There must be some solution for you. At least, I hope so.
  • Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    Don't know
    I get my Femara through VA and pay $9.00 a month for them - which they send me 3 months worth at a time. (When I open the last new bottle I call in the 3 month refill. and have in about a week - 10 days.) Have been on it for over a year with no problems. Somewhere I think I read that it usually runs somewhere between $400 and $600 a month if you have to pay the entire cost.

Susan
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    I don't know about femara as
    I don't know about femara as I am on arimidex (very similar). Arimidex is now available in generic, so you might ask about switching.
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member

I don't know about femara as
    I don't know about femara as I am on arimidex (very similar). Arimidex is now available in generic, so you might ask about switching.

Ouch, is right! The cost of medication .. is
    unbelievable! So sorry.

Vicki Sam