Red Meat

pattysoo
pattysoo Member Posts: 170
Do you all know of any reasons to avoid beef other than that it's from animals treated with hormones? Someone kindly gave me lots of beef from a locally raised, grass fed cow. No hormones were given. Shouldn't that be OK?

Comments

• srwruns
    srwruns Member Posts: 343
    I hope so. I eat grass fed
    I hope so. I eat grass fed beef (small steak) about 2 to 3 a month just to get some red meat. You may have a bargain...I pay $21.00/lb for grass fed beef!
  • poopergirl14052
    poopergirl14052 Member Posts: 1,183 Member
    meat should be ok
    enjoy
  • anicca
    anicca Member Posts: 334 Member
    YUM
    Sounds great, enjoy! Not only am I having a steak in Dallas, but my daughter in Berkeley works in a Japanese restaurant that specializes in grilled meats & I am going to pig out there.
  • Havehope2
    Havehope2 Member Posts: 22
    Grass Fed/Organic Beef
    Beef meat has a lot of minerals and vitamins. I had 12 wks Taxol in 2009 (bc) on Fridays. Every Sunday for 12 wekks I had one steak organic. I never had problems with my blood. Red cells and platelete numbers were always normal. My onc could not belive it. I was curious about cholesterol level after tx, but the numbers were normal.
    I belive everybody should eat what they like, in balance and most important with joy. Eating and then feeling guilty does more harm than not eating.
  • srwruns
    srwruns Member Posts: 343
    Havehope2 said:

Grass Fed/Organic Beef
    Beef meat has a lot of minerals and vitamins. I had 12 wks Taxol in 2009 (bc) on Fridays. Every Sunday for 12 wekks I had one steak organic. I never had problems with my blood. Red cells and platelete numbers were always normal. My onc could not belive it. I was curious about cholesterol level after tx, but the numbers were normal.
    I belive everybody should eat what they like, in balance and most important with joy. Eating and then feeling guilty does more harm than not eating.

interesting...my various RBC
    interesting...my various RBC were best after the times I ate a steak also.