Feeling very nervous, I hate the wait. :-(

Sonia32
Sonia32 Member Posts: 1,071 Member
You know I come to my online family when I'm down and need a good kick up the backside.
Had my scan yesterday, firstly I had my hospital gown on wrong. Then it took then 10 minutes to find a vein for the dye, a doctor came in and did it the first time. Had my scan waited outside for 10 minutes, they wanted me to wait so I didn't get a reaction. Doctor came out, and gave me a strange look. I got worried, then a lady in front of me looked at me oddly as well. Doctor came out again looking at me, I looked down and saw I was on show partially chest wise. Can only happen to me.

Anyway my family I have had cold sweats usually before my period, but I had one last night. Maybe I ate an orange at 1am, maybe I had the fan on while asleep. Arghh spit it out (sorry talking to myself). I'm just really worried about the scan not being clear, not hitting the two year mark. I just feel I have been so unlucky over the years, maybe like the terminator it will be back. Also all the stress and depression over the divorce.

Sorry my family I'm rambling and being pathetic, when some of you are going through so much. Just only my online family understands, family and friends in the real world don't.
Lisa42 has her scan on Thursday, and I really shouldn't be moaning.

Hugs to you all

Comments

• Lilmiss82
    Lilmiss82 Member Posts: 257 Member
    Hey Sonia,
    Don't worry your pretty little head over this:) I know it's easier said then done, but just remember that you are a strong woman and we will be here for you always. You are not pathetic! You have had a lot on your plate these last couple of years and coping can be hard. But that's ok as you mentioned we understand;) Wishing you the best and a clear scan -Melissa
  • This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • pete43lost_at_sea
    pete43lost_at_sea Member Posts: 3,900 Member
    dearest sonia
    get a little hug to get your mind off the scan.

just have fun, try and get your mind into a good book or movie.

you'll get the the results and I pray you let out the inner strength you have cope with the result. I will pray its clear.

love Pete

ps one little smile if you can
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member

dearest sonia
    get a little hug to get your mind off the scan.

just have fun, try and get your mind into a good book or movie.

you'll get the the results and I pray you let out the inner strength you have cope with the result. I will pray its clear.

love Pete

ps one little smile if you can

Why scanner technicians always look in strange way to
    the patients? LOL. It use to happen always to me! I see it happens to you as well Sonia! LOL.
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    keep busy
    Hi dear Sonia,

I kept you in prayer most all the day yesterday and remembered that your scan should have been happening about noon Calif time. I guess my prayers weren't enough to keep you from baring your chest to the lab technicians, though, lol! I always smile or giggle when I read your posts :)
    I can't imagine having to wait as long as you have to and if I had the long wait, I know I'd have to find lots to do to keep my mind occupied. Now's the time to do all you can do-shopping and lunch with friends, drawing, painting, writing, watch some funny DVD's, you name it.

You hang in there & I'll be thinking of you. Yes, I'm getting a bit nervous for my scan Thursday. I go in today for a blood draw & they will draw for CEA again this time.
    Depending upon how it comes out, and I should find that out on Thursday, it will give me a better picture of what to expect with the scan results.

Well, hugs to you- we're in this together, but you are definitely in a better place physically than I am. Not that it matters to how nervous you or anyone would get with waiting for those scan results. Remember- what has happened to you over the past couple of years has NOTHING to do with how your scan results will come out. Just because you have had a bad couple of years does not mean you will continue to have bad luck- no way- it's now your time for good things to come!!

Hugs,
    Lisa
  • here4lfe
    here4lfe Member Posts: 306 Member
    We're waiting too
    Told my wife this morning, "No news is good news". Hang in there.

Best
  • sasjourney
    sasjourney Member Posts: 395 Member
    Hang in there!
    Sonia,

Saying prayers for a clean scan for you. Life can be such a rollercoaster ride and you are due for some great news after all that you have had to deal with. Keep thinking positive..I know it is hard, but positive thoughts and energy go a long way. Sending big hugs to you.

Sara
  • Buckwirth
    Buckwirth Member Posts: 1,258 Member
    Wardrobe Malfunction
    Sorry I missed that! ;)

At least you figured out what the looks were about. I know the waiting is a pain, but, and this is hard to do, but try not to think about it. We cannot control the outcomes of these things, and it does us no good to give up today's happiness worrying about a tomorrow that we cannot effect.

Smile, enjoy the beauty that is around you and the friends who love you. Worry about tomorrow tomorrow.
  • AncientTiger
    AncientTiger Member Posts: 130
    Take your mind off it
    Go to the local McDonalds and have an INTENTIONAL wardrobe malfunction. Get a good laugh out of the looks on some of the folks faces... that'll take your mind off it :D

Seriously tho... best of luck with the results. The waiting is the hardest part, but you're not waiting alone ;)
  • karguy
    karguy Member Posts: 1,020 Member
    Sonia
    Don't feel bad about rambling,thats ok sometimes.Sometimes we need to do that to get some of the stress out.Don't worry about the scan,I know it is easy to say,but you will be ok.Just hang in there.
  • Love2Cats
    Love2Cats Member Posts: 127
    Wishing you a clear scan
    Don't worry about the hospital gown, hey isn't that how new trends get started. You can ramble all you want, we are here to support each other through good and bad times.

Take care,

Sandy
  • Buzzard
    Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member
    Love2Cats said:

Wishing you a clear scan
    Don't worry about the hospital gown, hey isn't that how new trends get started. You can ramble all you want, we are here to support each other through good and bad times.

Take care,

Sandy

OK...so Im mad now !!!
    You go in with gown on backwards and all the Drs look.........I tried the same thing a year ago and they called the animal warden on me....I tell ya life is just not fair is it? LOL...c'mon sweetheart...its something that is what it is.....we'll smile today and laugh tomorrow...Hows That ????????????...Love ya......all will be well.....the buzz man
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    *smiles*
    Well, you made me giggle with that one. Not the worry part, just the accidental exposure part. If it makes you feel any better, I once left the house with a pair of jade green underwear attached to velcro on my jacket that I grabbed out of the dryer. I unknowingly chatted up all kinds of people. *L*

Praying you get GREAT results!

*hugs*
    Gail
  • herdizziness
    herdizziness Member Posts: 3,624 Member
    Dear girl
    Sonia, you are such a trend setter!!!! Or was it a LaToya Jackson moment??? Hmmm??? What did they call that? A wardrobe malfunction?? LMAO
    Big sigh, yep the waiting is so hard, as we all can imagine and have experienced. Don't worry about the unlucky streak for goodness sake, it came and it went, honestly, the lucky streak should be starting any minute.
    And dear you're not the least bit pathetic, it's wonderful having you on the discussion board, I do enjoy your posts.
    Winter Marie
  • kristasplace
    kristasplace Member Posts: 957 Member
    Hey, dearie!
    Sonia, when i feel like crappy crap crap, i go play farmville for a few hours. I know what you're thinking; i must feel like crappy crap crap a lot! lol!

I gotta tell you, stress is a horrible thing. I blame the stress of my divorce for giving me cancer. The stress was so unbearable, and so long term. When i got my two recurrences, it was shortly after having too much stress, again, though it was much less than the divorce stress, the seed had been planted.

I don't let jack crap stress me out anymore. In fact, i recently went on a rollercoaster that spins you around, and drops you straight to the ground, and LOVED IT! I've been debilitatingly acrophobic (scared to death of heights) my entire life, but not ANYMORE! I even went on a ferris wheel that slides down a ramp and swings you back and forth so intensely, you're sure you're going to do a complete flip! The last time i did that, i went into such a panic attack, my friend said i was climbing up the cage, trying to get out! This time it was scary, but i actually enjoyed it.

Don't let fear rule your life. Try to look at each scan you take as information only. No "what if's". Then when the information comes back to you as results, you can deal with it then. No reason to deal with it before you have it. At least that works for me. MRI tomorrow! Yay! A chance to catch up on some radio play, and deep relaxation.

Hugs!
    Krista
  • kristasplace
    tootsie1 said:

*smiles*
    Well, you made me giggle with that one. Not the worry part, just the accidental exposure part. If it makes you feel any better, I once left the house with a pair of jade green underwear attached to velcro on my jacket that I grabbed out of the dryer. I unknowingly chatted up all kinds of people. *L*

Praying you get GREAT results!

*hugs*
    Gail

OMG
    That really got me, Gail! I'm in tears of laughter; the healthiest way to be!

Sonia's experience had me that way, too. If i keep this up, i'm going to bust my mesh innards.

Hugs!
  • herdizziness

OMG
    That really got me, Gail! I'm in tears of laughter; the healthiest way to be!

Sonia's experience had me that way, too. If i keep this up, i'm going to bust my mesh innards.

Hugs!

Krista
    You should like this one then. One day my husband decided to surprise me and hired gardeners to come and weed my flower bed, mow the lawn and trim the trees. While I was admiring the wonderful surprise he had gotten for me, I discovered on top on the hot tub a pair of my purple (yes, purple)bikini underwear. Apparently one of my dogs decided to carry their "trophy" outside and leave it in the yard. The gardeners found it while mowing and put them up there on the hot tub.
    I asked my husband not to surprise me like that again unless he checked the lawn out first. LOL.
  • kristasplace

Krista
    You should like this one then. One day my husband decided to surprise me and hired gardeners to come and weed my flower bed, mow the lawn and trim the trees. While I was admiring the wonderful surprise he had gotten for me, I discovered on top on the hot tub a pair of my purple (yes, purple)bikini underwear. Apparently one of my dogs decided to carry their "trophy" outside and leave it in the yard. The gardeners found it while mowing and put them up there on the hot tub.
    I asked my husband not to surprise me like that again unless he checked the lawn out first. LOL.

LOL!!!
    You're right, Marie...i loved that!

It's moments like those that make you realize you're alive. You get that flush of humiliated adrenaline, and you feel it to your very core!

You can always rely on dogs to make those moments shine.

My dog got into the trash one day, and tore up a bunch of used maxi-pads (back in the day when i had to worry about such things). The mess was EVERYWHERE. Unfortunately, i came into the house and discovered it while with a guy i had just started dating. Surprisingly, that relationship lasted for four years after that! So now everyone who reads this knows my most embarrassing moment! I need to be careful. I googled my name today and found some posts i made on this board listed there! I'm also listed in a memorial (along with several others from this board) that makes it look like i died of colorectal cancer. Oh well, everyone knows dogs are disgusting creatures, and hopefully the IRS, and any other negative institution got the memorial post. lol!
  • herdizziness

LOL!!!
    You're right, Marie...i loved that!

It's moments like those that make you realize you're alive. You get that flush of humiliated adrenaline, and you feel it to your very core!

You can always rely on dogs to make those moments shine.

My dog got into the trash one day, and tore up a bunch of used maxi-pads (back in the day when i had to worry about such things). The mess was EVERYWHERE. Unfortunately, i came into the house and discovered it while with a guy i had just started dating. Surprisingly, that relationship lasted for four years after that! So now everyone who reads this knows my most embarrassing moment! I need to be careful. I googled my name today and found some posts i made on this board listed there! I'm also listed in a memorial (along with several others from this board) that makes it look like i died of colorectal cancer. Oh well, everyone knows dogs are disgusting creatures, and hopefully the IRS, and any other negative institution got the memorial post. lol!

Ahhh
    You do have me laughing!!!!
    Am I on the memorial post? I'd love to anonymously send notice of it to the IRS and get them off my back for 74.00 3 years ago, with fines and interest they want 434.00 now, I made 11,020.00 that year, I didn't realize I had made too much.
    Winter Marie
  • ketziah35
    ketziah35 Member Posts: 1,145
    Sending you prayers and good
    Sending you prayers and good vibes.