Went to Gyn re hot flashes

cahjah75
cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
and he recommended Savella. I'm 62 and 12 post menopausal. Since starting Arimidex in Jan my hot flashes are dripping bad and frequent. I had never heard of Savella. He said it may relieve some of my arthritic pain since it's prescribed for fibromyalgia. He gave me enough samples til my annual visit w/him in May. I sure hope it works 'cause the flashes are really interfering w/my life!
Char

Comments

• carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    glad there is something to
    glad there is something to try, those hot flashes sound awful. Hope it works out well for you. I am going to look it up as I have arthritic pain from treatment. Does it help neuropathy?
  • cruf
    cruf Member Posts: 908
    carkris said:

glad there is something to
    glad there is something to try, those hot flashes sound awful. Hope it works out well for you. I am going to look it up as I have arthritic pain from treatment. Does it help neuropathy?

Hot Flashes
    Please let me know how your med works. I went to my GYN today about the same thing. I've tried Effexor, Neurontin, Vit. E and had no luck. She said the only thing she can suggest is Remfemerin(not sure of the spelling) which has black Cohash and no estrogen. There is 1 other Estroven which has black Cohash and Vit. B. I may try the Remfemerin. Please let me know how yours works. HUGS!!! Cathy